Thread: Paid late

Paid late

Hi all, I need a bit of advice.

I was due to get paid yesterday. Checked my Bank - No money.

I rung my Manager this morning to tell her and her response was "you'll have to ring the Wages Department to sort it out" (surely that should be her responsibility as Manager?) Anywho, I rung the Head Office & they had my Account Number wrong (How, I don't know, seeing as though they have paid me for the past year) so they told me to ring my Bank. I rang the Bank and they told me to ring my Employers and ask them to do a 'Bacs Recall' but I also said to the Bank "I've got Direct Debits due to come out and when they come out I'll incur charges, so what will happen about those" their response "its your employers responsibility to pay those charges as it is their error"

So I rang the Head Office, once again and told them what the Bank had said, they couldn't understand why they had to do a Bacs Recall and when I mentioned th charges I will get they said they will have to speak to so & so about this.

So is it their responsibilty to pay the charges? I rely on my wage and it SHOULD be in every month, especially when there saying my details are wrong - but yet they had no problems paying me before.

Your employment contract should state the date and frequency of your salary. Unless someone in your wages department altered the details then the money should have been paid by BACs into your account. The fault is not yours and by failing to pay YOU your employer has breached your employment contract. IMHO they should pay any bank charges you incur. As far as the Bank is concerned the problem is yours not theirs and they will deduct the money from your account as they need to pay bonuses to their greedy employees. I would put it in writing to your employers via your manager and if you are a member of a Trade Union I would get them involved also. Failing that contact you localk Citizens Advice

Thread Information