Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Owen Armstrong (Ian Puleston-Davies)

Corrie casts new lover for Liz McDonald named Owen

Coronation Street producer Kim Crowther has unveiled the casting of Liz McDonald's new lover.

Actor Ian Puleston-Davies will take on the role of Owen, the father of Weatherfield's first regular disabled character Izzy - played by disabled actress Cherylee Houston.

Shortly after arriving on the Street, he takes a keen eye to Liz (Beverley Callard) and the pair embark on an unlikely relationship which is marred by Becky's presence in The Rovers.

Speaking exclusively to Digital Spy, Crowther said: "We've a wonderful actor coming into the show who I've got really high hopes for. I've been trying to get on board for a while and we've created the character for him.

"Ian Puleston-Davies will play a character called Owen. He'll arrive in the show as a father to new girl Izzy who starts working in the factory and we find he's got another daughter as well."

She continued: "Owen's a single dad and he's been a bit controlling, having struggled to bring up these two girls on their own. He starts a relationship with Liz and we find that the one person he doesn't really get on with is Becky.

"Becky reminds him of his previous wife who left him high and dry when he had the girls to look after. So when he starts going out with Liz, there's immediate tension within the McDonald family. He'll live on the Street further down the line too."

Puleston-Davies begins filming at Manchester's Granada Studios over the next few weeks and will first appear on screen in May. His screen daughter Izzy arrives on the Cobbles in April.

The casting of Owen's other daughter has yet to be confirmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-02-2010), lizann (02-02-2010), PILKY (29-01-2010), tammyy2j (01-02-2010)

owww cant wait to se that

Should be good, Ian Puleston-Davies is a really good actor. Mind you, I thought that when I heard Reece Dinsdale was coming into Corrie, and that's turned out to be a bit of a flop.

Anyone else think it's about time Liz left for good?

i think they need to get her a good man to settel down with and move out off the rovers

I like the actor, hes been in a few things.

He looks familar what else is he in?

From Wiki

Ian Puleston-Davies (born 1959 in Flint, Wales) is a British actor and writer. He has starred in the ITV drama Vincent alongside Ray Winstone, and Ghostboat (also for ITV), alongside David Jason. He has also played the lead roles in "Conviction" and the BBC Three series Funland.

He has starred in long-running dramas such as Holby City, The Bill, Hollyoaks and Brookside. He has also made special appearances in; Hustle, Life on Mars, Daziel and Pascoe, Silent Witness and Cape Wrath. In 2007 he starred in the Channel 4 docu-drama, "Richard is my Boyfriend".

In 2005, Puleston-Davies co-wrote the drama Dirty Filthy Love based upon his own experiences dealing with obsessive compulsive disorder. Dirty Filthy Love won a Royal Television Society Award for Best Single Drama and was nominated for the BAFTA Award for "Best Single Drama"

I thought her new love might be Graham they both look so good in mini skirts

Very funny, lizann

I remember Ian Puleston-Davies vividly as a bent cop in drama Conviction. He was brill in it.

Thread Information