Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones

The cast and crew of Game Of Thrones are ready to go off the wall for the second season of the HBO fantasy saga.
    During an uproarious panel at Comic-Con, actors and executive producers offered a few clues about what's to come next season, which will soon go into production.
    "For the second season, we've got a bunch of great new characters coming in," said executive producer David Benioff.
    "We've got such an incredible cast, but it's time to meet the Red Priestess, and see those dragons and wolves start to grow up. There's bad stuff lurking north of the Wall. It's a season of exploration."
    Many of the die-hard fans of George RR Martin's A Song Of Ice And Fire book series, which Game Of Thrones is based on, already know what's to come from reading A Clash Of Kings.
    Lena Headey, who plays the vicious Cersei Lannister, dodged a fan's question about her favourite scenes from the first season, screened on Sky Atlantic in the UK, which was nominated for 13 Emmys last week.
    "My favourites are still to come because I just read some of season two," she teased.
    Martin noted that he has an idea of how he wants to conclude the entire saga in his coming novels and that he is a fan of "bittersweet endings".
    Peter Dinklidge, who is nominated for an Emmy for his role as pragmatic Tyrion Lannister, offered an entirely different kind of conclusion.
    "Dance number," he deadpanned to the crowd of more than 4,000 fans.

PA

Roy Dotrice has signed on to Game of Thrones.

Dotrice will be playing the pyromancer Hallyne in the second season of the fantasy series. The British actor has previously voiced three volumes of A Song of Ice and Fire, the George R. R. Martin series on which the HBO show is based. Martin confirmed the news on his website earlier today.

"Yes, it's ROY DOTRICE in the role of Hallyne the pyromancer, chief of the Guild of Alchemists," he wrote.

HBO executives Richard Plepler and Michael Lombardo recently confirmed that they are committed to the show, claiming that Game of Thrones will continue as long as Martin keeps writing books in the series.

In the past few months, a number of actors have signed on to star in the second season of the drama, including Gemma Whelan, Tom Wlaschiha, Carice van Houten, Stephen Dillane and Natalie Dormer.

Game of Thrones will return next spring.

Robert Pugh has been cast as Craster in Game of Thrones, The Hollywood Reporter reports.

Craster is a shaky ally to the Night's Watch and the master of Craster's Keep, which lies beyond the Wall. He is also known for his oppressive relationships with his 19 wives and many daughters, including Gilly, to be played by Hannah Murray on the show.

Sorry if this is already up had a quick scan but couldn't see it.

Sky Atlantic has been rerunning Game of Thrones for those who missed some or all last time, it started last weekend

Any idea when it's coming out on DVD. I've had a look on HMV but no date yet. And I've still not got Sky+

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Only thing I've seen so far is that maybe Nov/Dec 11 or not until Feb/March 12 - along with a game as well but we'll wait and see

7. The Following User Says Thank You to crystalsea For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (12-10-2011)

Talking

Amazon has emailed me to say DVD release Season1 will be 5 march 2012. Apparently if you preorder before 14 Dec 11 using THRNGAME you can get £2 off release day price.

Hope this helps those who were asking, for info it was Amazon UK.

I thought they would have released it before Christmas as "The Borgis" are being released and that was shown on Sky Atlantic after "Game of Thrones"

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I know I thought that, but I think they are still getting good mileage from the series that is still going on for their 2nd time! Still 3 months is not too far away

Thread Information