Thread: Skincare

Skincare

I was just wondering if anybody have any skincare tips or use particular products, im just using face wipes at the moment and there not really working, mainly because im lazy with them.

I was told by a dermatologist that the cheap products usually work just as well as the expensive ones, I use the local drugstores own brand makeup remover and then tonic to clean the face and use day moisturiser and night moisturiser, again just their own brand, my skin likes it, it does not like Oil of Ulay or Nivea. I think as long as you clean your skin and moisturise, you should be ok

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Katy (07-01-2011)

Wet wipes are good for freshening up but they don't do much long term unless they're conditioning.

The best skin scrub/exfoliator I have ever come across is by Cuticura. I find that a lot of products branded 'exfoliator' are really just face washes with a bit of sugar in which clumps together and does nothing. Cuticura is usually found in Savers, Bodycare etc, I've never seen it in Boots or supermarkets.

I get a lot of build up on my skin so exfoliating every day is important for me otherwise I feel like I've not had a wash. A rough towel or flannel does the same job too. I've tried loads of different brands, from cheap stuff to Dermalogica, and most products are either too drying or do nothing. Moisturiser increases build up for me and makes my face greasy so I don't use it.

Determine your skin type and what your skin needs every day e.g. moisiturising, exfoliation, a wash once or twice a day or whatever. Then try and find something suitable for your skin and your routine.
    Thanks CrazyLea

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Katy (07-01-2011)

I dont use toner I use rosewater as my toner

I dont think the cleansing wipes should be used at all time - a cleanser with a cloth is good

I like Simple products

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Katy (07-01-2011)

What about going to a big department store and getting proffessional advice from one of the really posh counters, obviously don't buy anything, just tell them you will think about it and then buy the products you need from Superdrug or somewhere similar?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Katy (07-01-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalFlake View Post
    What about going to a big department store and getting proffessional advice from one of the really posh counters, obviously don't buy anything, just tell them you will think about it and then buy the products you need from Superdrug or somewhere similar?
    Ask if they've got any testers that you can try to see how if it reacts to your skin or makes it dry etc.
    Thanks CrazyLea

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Katy (07-01-2011)

thanks everyone, theres some really good tips there

I would suggest not using the cleansing wipes all the time and going into a department store for more advice

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Katy (07-01-2011)

Thread Information