Thread: Kym Marsh's early maternity leave

Kym Marsh's early maternity leave

ACTRESS Kym Marsh has gone on maternity leave four months before her baby is due, fearing the stress of the job could harm her unborn child.

The actress, who plays Michelle Connor, has taken the precautionary measure after advice from her doctor.

Kym, 34, who is five months pregnant, is determined not to see a repeat of her heartbreak last year when her son

Archie died shortly after being born five months premature. She said: “My New Year’s resolution is to take more care of myself.

“I always put other people first and end up feeling knackered, so I’m going to pamper myself.

“My mum has told me off for taking on too much, so I’m going to learn to say no a lot more in 2011.”

A source close to Kym said she worked with the soap’s production team to make sure her character had an easy ride over the past few months.

The insider added: “You can’t blame Kym for being worried after what happened to Archie.

“She wasn’t heavily involved in the 50th anniversary tram crash because that could have been added stress she didn’t need.

“And she felt the best thing was to start her maternity leave well ahead of the birth.”

Kym and her fiancé, Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas, 30, recently moved into a new £675,000 house in Worsley, Manchester, they have bought together.

Daily Star

Kym Marshs pregnancy and possible maternity leave already being discussed http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...611#post733611

Thread Information