Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Mitchell (Samantha Janus Womack)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Steve??
    Steve McFadden who plays Phil

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-01-2011)

I've just realised Jean's back for the funeral
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Is this the end for Ronnie Branning ?

Samantha Womack, who plays the recently bereaved EastEnders character, has opted to bow out of the soap following the controversial baby-swap plot.

But Scott Maslen, who plays on-screen hubby Jack, says she could be back after a well-deserved break to be with her family.

Speaking from the red carpet at the National Television Awards, Scott insisted it wasn't the traumatic storyline that triggered Sam's departure.

"She's going to go away for a bit, she needs a bit of a break," he said.

"It was nothing to do with the story. That's not what triggered her leaving. Sam's been thinking about it for some time.

"She's got two kids, she works very hard and as a woman she wants to spend some time with her kids, which is natural and to be admired. She's going to have a little breather and who knows? She may well be back. You know what EastEnders is like."

Scenes shown over New Year saw a devastated Ronnie lose her baby son to cot death, before swapping him with Kat Moon's newborn.

Scott said some fans had found it hard to separate fact from fiction, and admitted Sam had found their reactions "scary".

"It's been horrible for her. There's always a sector of society that believe what we do on TV is real. I love the public, I'm one of them, I'm from round here, but you've got to know when something is real and when it's not.

"I know issues affect people and they respond to those things but you've got to be a bit more real and not go up to people on the street and say 'You shouldn't have done that.' She's had quite a lot of it.

"That's a little bit disheartening and scary for her. She doesn't like being the centre of attention for these sort of reasons. But she is big and strong and understands it."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (28-01-2011)

How can Ronnie come back and live there after what she has done?

No it seems crazy that she could come back after that. But I guess stranger things have happened. Look at everything that Janine has done!

I think she does need a break. All the horrible stuff that has happened to Ronnie since she got to the square. I'm surprised she hasnt had to be sectioned yet. Think she needs to go and spend a few months at a spa.

Scott Maslen has confirmed that he will not be exiting EastEnders along with co-star Samantha Womack.

Womack announced her exit from the BBC soap in the middle of the controversy surrounding her ongoing baby swap plot last month. However, speaking to TV Times Maslen stated that although he is "sad" to see the actress move on, he has no plans to leave his role as Jack Branning.

"I'm not waltzing off anywhere!" he said.

Discussing Womack's decision, he commented: "We've been an item on the show for four years now and she's one of my best mates - a friend of the family.

"It is sad, but she's had a very hectic year or so," he added. "And it's about time she had a little break to see what else she wants to do."

Womack will make her departure when the storyline comes to a conclusion in April.

DS

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Scott Maslen has confirmed that he will not be exiting EastEnders along with co-star Samantha Womack.

Womack announced her exit from the BBC soap in the middle of the controversy surrounding her ongoing baby swap plot last month. However, speaking to TV Times Maslen stated that although he is "sad" to see the actress move on, he has no plans to leave his role as Jack Branning.

"I'm not waltzing off anywhere!" he said.

Discussing Womack's decision, he commented: "We've been an item on the show for four years now and she's one of my best mates - a friend of the family.

"It is sad, but she's had a very hectic year or so," he added. "And it's about time she had a little break to see what else she wants to do."

Womack will make her departure when the storyline comes to a conclusion in April.

DS
    I bet he gets with Vanessa or Roxy or both once Ronnie is gone

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (02-02-2011)

EastEnders star Samantha Womack is reportedly planning to return to the soap.

The actress, who plays Ronnie Mitchell, announced that she would be leaving after the controversial baby swap storyline concludes, but the News of the World claims that her character will only be written out of the show for 12 months.

A source said: "Sam went through a very difficult few weeks during the filming and airing of the baby swap plot. Everything got a bit too much for her and she said things that, on reflection, she now doesn't agree with.

"Sam stood up to speak at a meeting of the cast and producers to make it clear she is committed to the soap in the long-term and doesn't harbour any grudges. She has a lot going on in her life and wants to focus on other priorities for a year, then she'll return."

A BBC spokesperson today told DS that it was too early to discuss any rumoured 'plans' for 2012. However, they added: "As we've always said, the door is being left open for the character of Ronnie Branning to return at a later date."

Scott Maslen, who plays Jack Branning, is said to have encouraged her to return.

DS

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-02-2011), tammyy2j (06-02-2011)

I still like Ronnie, not what they did to her with this storyline, so if she returns I wouldn't mind.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I'm glad to hear Ronnie's returning.

Thread Information