Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Mitchell (Samantha Janus Womack)

But she still went through with filming the storyline. She could have point blank refused to do it if she felt that strongly about it. Sure she would have probably been sacked but why sell out on your principles for the sake of more money?
    Thanks CrazyLea

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (06-01-2011)

So Kat and Alfie won't get Tommy back till May then

Quote Originally Posted by matt1378 View Post
    So Kat and Alfie won't get Tommy back till May then
    its better than the 2 years that EE first planned

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph Lost in Nigeria at XMAS AGAIN! View Post
    But she still went through with filming the storyline. She could have point blank refused to do it if she felt that strongly about it. Sure she would have probably been sacked but why sell out on your principles for the sake of more money?
    100% agree! If she was going to leave because of her principles, then leave, why go ahead with the filming?? Honestly, I think this is all a publicity stunt and she will be presuaded to stay. Mind you this is raising her publicity profile in the media. Sorry for being so cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph Lost in Nigeria at XMAS AGAIN! View Post
    Yes that is true

I'm sorry to hear that Samantha Womack is leaving EE, but, as someone who isn't watching EE at the moment because of the harrowing baby death storyline, I can see her point of view.

As for refusing to act out the storyline, she might have trouble getting more work if she was fired, so I can understand why she felt obliged to do her job.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 06-01-2011 at 14:15.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (06-01-2011)

Considering all the complaints and apathy towards the storyline, I wouldn't blame her for standing by her principles and quitting with immediate effect or being fired. I'd have more respect for her if she was fired than going through with the storyline and complaining afterwards.
    Thanks CrazyLea

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

alan45 (06-01-2011)

Samantha Womack's agent has dismissed suggestions that the actress's decision to leave EastEnders was influenced by her current baby swap storyline.

Earlier today, a newspaper reported that the star had resigned in protest last November upon receiving the initial script for the plot, which has seen her character Ronnie Branning switch her dead son with Kat Moon's (Jessie Wallace) newborn baby.

However, Womack's representative Michael Wiggs has insisted that that the current speculation surrounding her decision is untrue.

In a statement, Wiggs explained: "There's no truth whatsoever in any suggestion that Sam is 'quitting' EastEnders over the current storyline. Sam's contract comes to a natural end later this year and she will be taking a break from the show - this has been agreed with the producers for several months.

"Sam has had an incredibly happy and fulfilling time on EastEnders over the last few years. She has huge respect for the show, writers and producers and has thoroughly enjoyed playing such a complex role that has been involved in so many tough and challenging storylines."

John Yorke, Controller of BBC Drama, added: "Sam is a much loved member of the cast, who has consistently given truthful and brilliant performances as Ronnie Branning. When she leaves at the end of this storyline, she'll be much missed - and the door will be open for her return."

Meanwhile, an EastEnders spokesperson said: "The current storyline allows an exit for Ronnie Branning. Samantha Womack has been a major part of the show's success in recent years and she will continue to work with us until her departure later this year."

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that Samantha Womack is leaving EE, but, as someone who isn't watching EE at the moment because of the harrowing baby death storyline, I can see her point of view.

As for refusing to act out the storyline, she might have trouble getting more work if she was fired, so I can understand why she felt obliged to do her job.
    I'm sorry she's leaving too, but don't blame her.

Would have been better if she hadn't acted the storyline, but I guess she would have been fired and that doesn't look good like you say Frosty. I think she'd have had a good case for unfair dismissal though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-01-2011)

Still don't think that it was wrong for her to resign after filming the storyline, if that was the reason for her to go. I think she acted like a professional in my opinion.
    Last edited by Perdita; 06-01-2011 at 16:59.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-01-2011)

Thread Information