Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DAvid and Kylie!!!

Katherine Kelly has praised the decision to pair up Kylie Turner and David Platt in Coronation Street.

The Weatherfield duo, played by Paula Lane and Jack P. Shepherd, became partners on screen earlier this month when Kylie returned from holiday and revealed herself as David's new fiancée.

In an interview with Hot TV, Kelly, who portrays Kylie's half-sister Becky on the soap, backed the pairing as a "genius" plot development.

She explained: "We were doing a scene the other day and they are just perfect together - they have the same sort of energy and similar build so they look great and really bounce off each other.

"It also opens up new opportunities for me as Becky has never had anything to do with the Platts before."

Becky and Kylie had a vicious catfight at the Platt house earlier this week as the tension between the warring siblings escalated. Kelly has admitted that she does not expect the pair to ever reunite.

Meanwhile, Kylie and David are currently planning to marry in early April.

© Rex Features / Ken McKay
    Paula Lane has discussed Coronation Street's upcoming bribe storyline, insisting that her character Kylie Turner will be unimpressed by Gail McIntyre's surprise scheme.

Next week's episodes of the Weatherfield soap see Gail (Helen Worth) resort to desperate measures to stop her son David (Jack P. Shepherd) from marrying Kylie, offering the troublemaker £1,000 to skip the wedding and leave town. She does so amid fears that Kylie is only with David to get her hands on Audrey's salon.

However, in an interview with Soaplife, Lane claimed that Kylie loves David too much to be swayed by Gail's money.

The actress explained: "Kylie has had troubles in her past which have contributed to the way she is now. She never thought anyone would ever ask her to marry them.

"Yes, David having the salon is a bit of a meal ticket but it's more of an added bonus to marry him. I think she really does love him too."

Of Gail's bribe, she added: "Put it this way, Kylie got £25,000 for Max, so £1,000 to give up a salon and someone she actually loves? No, definitely not."

Kylie and David's wedding day arrives in a double bill airing on Friday, April 8. However, whether the pair will make it down the aisle remains to be seen.

DS

Paula Lane as her screen alter-ego Kylie Turner has just had a massive cat-fight with her equally fiery half-sister Becky McDonald. Now Paula has revealed that the reason the fight looked so real was because it was.

"We are rough, we do really kick each other to bits, but when it's on-screen everything is so in detail that if you don't it doesn't work," said Paula.

"In theatre you can cheat punches and for TV you can to a degree, but it has to look as real as possible."

In real life the pair are actually great pals and Paula believes this is the secret to their success.

"We are very similar and have been on the same journey. We get on really well," she said.

"Kate and I are fortunate that we're comfortable enough with each other that we can go the extra mile and do that, but it hurts and I'm always on the receiving end of it."

With more trouble expected between the warring siblings it looks like Paula will have to put-up with bruises for a while yet - Ouch!

David Platt's wedding dream starts to crumble around him on Coronation Street this Friday when his fiancée Kylie Turner fails to turn up for their planned nuptials. David is deeply confused about her absence, unaware that his scheming mum Gail has offered Kylie a £1,000 bribe to skip the ceremony. As David desperately tries to make contact with his partner, Gail is grimly satisfied that her plan has worked. Has she managed to ruin the wedding or could David and Kylie defy the odds and exchange their vows after all? Jack P. Shepherd, who plays David, recently chatted to Digital Spy about the wedding episodes and more.

Have you enjoyed playing David's new relationship with Kylie?
    "Yeah! I did think that they were going to put us together when Kylie first came into Corrie. I didn't ask them to do it, but I thought that David and Kylie were the same type of character but just the opposite sex, and so they'd be a really good match. I think they waited a while but I'm glad that they're together now. Myself and Paula Lane get on well and I think the storyline has been looking good so far."

In an interview last year, before the storyline was announced, you said that you were hoping to work more with Paula. Did you already know the plot was on the way at that point?
    "No, I'd been asked in the interview who I would put David with next, and I think Kylie had been in it for a month or two at that point. I didn't know that they would put us together but I said that I thought they'd make a really good match. I suppose I was kind of giving away a future storyline without knowing!"

Were you surprised when you were told about how quickly David and Kylie would get engaged?
    "Yeah, I was actually. That was our producer Phil's idea. He wanted them to start planning the wedding straight away so that Gail wouldn't really have a choice in the situation, and so it would really peeve her off to have Kylie moving straight into the Platt house."

Having David fall in love with Kylie off screen was quite an unusual way to tell the story, wasn't it?
    "Yeah, obviously they met in Tenerife in some cage-dancing bar. Why he would go to Tenerife on his own and then go to a cage-dancing bar is beyond me! But anyhow, he's come back to the street and said that he's met the love of his life. I'm glad, though, because it's given me a chance to work with Kate Kelly and Simon Gregson and I've not really had many scenes with them before. It's nice that it's opened the door for that because hopefully I can now do some comedy with Simon in The Rovers sometimes. Also, the recent fighting scene that I had with Kate was good fun. The storyline has added a new dimension to my character and given me the chance to work with different actors, which is great."

How is David coping with the feud between Kylie and Gail?
    "Well, it's that old thing of telling someone, 'No, you can't do it' and that making them do it even more. David has that sort of personality, really - if you say no to him, then he knows that he'll get a reaction from you if he carries on and does it anyway! So there's an element of that when Gail is disapproving of Kylie. I think he does genuinely love Kylie, though, and he does have a sort of obsessive personality once he goes out with someone - he'll only think of that person and they'll be the centre of his life. We've seen that before with Tina. If the wedding goes ahead, we'll have to see where they are a year down the line and if it'll be any different."

David does enjoy a good row, so is there a part of him that's enjoying the tension between Gail and Kylie?
    "I don't think so, because he's not been bad for a while, really. He really does wish that they would get along but he does understand that Gail is going to need time to accept the situation. The way David sees it is that it's Gail's problem and she's just going to have to deal with it. He loves Kylie and she's not going anywhere as far as David is concerned."

In the build-up to the wedding, Gail bribes Kylie to stay away from the ceremony. Could David ever forgive his mum if he found this out?
    "I don't know. There's definitely a lot that's gone on between the two characters over the years, so it's difficult to consider what it would actually take for one of them not to forgive the other. David's pushed Gail down the stairs, she made sure that his child with Tina was aborted, so there's been all of these stories where they've still been together as son and mother at the end. So I don't know whether he'll forgive her at the moment, but it could be the straw that broke the camel's back."

Do you think Gail has David's best interests at heart?
    "She likes to think that! She's said that she's just seeing Kylie for what she really is - calling her scum and just a gold-digger. But with Gail, it's one of those situations where nobody is ever going to be good enough for her sons. I think it was the same with Leanne when she was marrying Nick, and Gail didn't like Natasha either. I don't think she was too keen on Tina either, to begin with."

How does the wedding day play out?
    "Kylie is nowhere to be seen - that's a turn up for the books and David's quite shocked! In the lead-up to the wedding, Kylie seemed really excited, they were both really pleased to be getting married, they were all over each other and they were kissing in every single scene. So when Kylie doesn't turn up for the wedding, David's really confused and he doesn't understand why. We'll see him question his gran about where she could be, but Audrey assures him that everything will be alright."

What happens next?
    "He tries ringing Kylie and he tries texting her. So it's a case of will she turn up and will she marry him? Also, as it's a double wedding, Graeme and Xin have a lot of drama going on too. They're billing it as 'Double Wedding, Double Jeopardy', so it'll be interesting to see what happens on the day!"

After filming other Corrie weddings as a spectator, was it exciting to have your own one at last?
    "I didn't really think of it like that, as weddings are usually quite dreadful to film. They're very long, they take hours to do, and so normally you're very depressed when you're supposed to look really happy! Funerals are the easiest because at least you can look depressed when you actually are! Being the bad boy of the street, I usually get out of a lot of wedding ceremonies - no-one tends to invite me so I've not actually been to many. But having it as a double wedding was good and a bit different."

Does David get involved in any of Graeme and Xin's drama on the day?
    "He's got his own worries, I think, so it's all quite separate on the day. Graeme just wants everything to run smoothly and go without a hitch for him, but there's some drama because Norris turns up, finds out the truth and then it's the question of whether Norris will spill the beans about Xin and the fake wedding. David and Graeme are in their own different worlds on the day as Graeme is distracted by his own worries, while David just wants his bride to turn up!"

Would you like David and Kylie to stay together for the long haul and become known as one of Corrie's big couples?
    "I don't know at the moment. If the wedding goes ahead, maybe a few years down the line if it's not going well, David could try to do her in - or she could try to do him in! But I think some of the best Corrie couples are Jack and Vera, Roy and Hayley, and I also really like Sally and Kevin together - I always have done and I think they're a great couple. So if David and Kylie got up the ranks and reached their level, that would definitely be an achievement."

Now that David is taking ownership of the salon, would you like him to set his sights on any other Corrie businesses?
    "Well, I figured that he'd take over the salon a while ago. It's not officially his yet, though - it's only his when Audrey dies or retires. But he has been promoted to a 'creative director' there. But in the future, maybe he could be like the Weatherfield mafia! (laughs) Maybe he could take over The Rovers and do Steve McDonald out of some money, and annoy the local residents by changing the name of the pub!"

Finally, are you sad that Craig Gazey is bowing out as Graeme?
    "Yeah, we've had some good times. It was great when he came into it for the prison storyline and it was also great when they asked him to come back when David was released from jail. We share a dressing room together at the moment - I've always had the same dressing room but I've had about five different people that have come in and shared it with me. I suppose it'll be someone else after he leaves - I think Chris Fountain wants to get in next!"

DS

The old saying goes that the course of true love never did run smooth - and never is the epithet more pertinent than in soap operas.
    So Coronation Street fans have been girding their loins for some time with the news that there was to be a double wedding - and just as feared, it doesn't seem that anything is going to go to plan.
    However, while not-so-blushing bride-to-be Kylie Turner does her best 'will she, won't she' act before finally turning up late at the wedding, it appears it's her choice of outfit rather than her tardiness that shocks mother of the groom Gail McIntyre.

Here comes the bride: Kylie Turner, well, turns heads when she arrives at the Coronation Street double wedding this week

Shock: None are more surprised than Gail McIntyre, mother of groom David Platt, who'd offered Kylie money to stay away

Badboy David Platt spends ages on the phone trying to locate his bride-to-be while other couple Graeme and Xin wait patiently.

Meanwhile, Graeme is having serious doubts about the whole thing. Will he go through with marrying Xin so she can stay in the country?

Worry: David tries to get hold of his bride-to-be to find out where she is

...leaving Xin and Graeme wondering if their marriage of convenience is about to be rumbled

Conniving Kylie eventually turns up for the ceremony and shocks the congregation by looking for all the world like a burlesque artist in a red and black basque.
    Whether or not the cage-dancer & David Platt will actually make it to the altar however is anyone's guess...

Waiting game: Tina wonders whether she should explain to Norris about Graeme and Xin's sham marriage before they reach the altar

Will they or won't they? Corrie viewers will be on tenterhooks this Friday...
    After all, is Kylie there to go through with the wedding, or to tell David about his mother's bribery scheme?
    As the pressure mounts, Graeme and Xin wait nervously.
    However, as they wait for the service to start, Tina tries to explain to Norris why he saw her and Graeme kissing...
    Coronation Street's double wedding is on ITV1 this Friday at 7.30pm and 8.30pm.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1InAKYpVB
    Last edited by alan45; 07-04-2011 at 01:27.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-04-2011)

Was on This Morning, looks like Norris is going to be the one speaking up when the question is being asked: "If anyone objects to this union, let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

You go Norris. Him and Gail together stop the wedding

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    You go Norris. Him and Gail together stop the wedding
    Maybe the start of a beautiful relationship
    Super Mod

Interview in Daily Star

SHE’S lied, cheated, blackmailed and stolen. So what will Corrie wild child Kylie Turner do next?

Tonight’s explosive episode of Coronation Street sees the conniving cage-dancer wed fellow wrongdoer David Platt after a whirlwind holiday romance, leaving both families fuming.

So when we met up with actress Paula Lane in Manchester, she couldn’t wait to spill the beans on her character’s must-see big day.

Getting ready in her sumptuous hotel room in a look inspired by Madonna’s Like A Virgin video, Paula laughs: “This is right up Kylie’s street. She’d love this.”

Paula admits she loves being wrapped up in the crazy world of Kylie. And along with actor Jack P Shepherd, 23, who plays mummy’s boy David, she is perfect in the latest storyline.

The 25-year-old star explains: “Kylie is volatile and you never know what she’ll do next. It’s difficult because you can’t imagine how she will react to things. But boy, is it fun to play!”

We’ve already seen David’s over-protective mum Gail give Kylie £100 for a wedding dress and the bride-to-be blow the lot on a boozy night out.

Paula says: “Like David, she flies by the seat of her pants. Gail’s made it clear she doesn’t think Kylie is good enough for her son. But she’s a chancer and wants to have fun.

“Kylie and David are so full of lust. She ends up picking a saucy red and black Moulin Rouge-style tutu just to wind Gail up. She’s got the bottle for anything.”

Paula, who grew up in the small West Yorkshire town of Hebden Bridge, is happily settled with her boyfriend of seven years, actor Tom Shaw, 24, and admits her wedding would be nothing like Kylie’s. “No, definitely not!” she
    laughs.

But despite her character’s conniving ways, viewers have a big soft spot for the troubled sister of barmaid Becky MacDonald (Katherine Kelly, 31).

Paula explains: “She’s vulnerable because of her tough upbringing and people want her to do well.”

We’ve seen Kylie sell her three-year-old son Max to Becky, only to blackmail her for more cash.

“She wasn’t ready to be a mum and is money obsessed because she never had any growing up,” says Paula. “She is a wild child but she’s also a businesswoman. She wants the best things in life and is angry that others have had it given to them on a plate.”

One of the reasons Kylie is so obsessed with David is that he is set to take over Audrey’s hair salon.

“She’s very money-orientated and will do anything if the price is right. She thinks that by marrying salon owner David Platt, it will be ker-ching for her!”

Paula takes like a duck to water with our trashy Like A Virgin themed shoot. Laughing as she plays around in her lacy outfit, the slinky size eight star tells us: “Who doesn’t love Madonna? Madonna is so sexy and a total icon.”

But Paula admits Kylie’s bad-girl personality is very different to hers.

“I’m much more sensitive and emotional. I’d cry at anything. She’s a lot tougher than me.”

So surely we shouldn’t expect the big day to go without a hitch. The omens aren’t good.

Gail is trying to put a stop to the wedding by joining forces with son Nick to pay Kylie £1,000 to disappear.

“I hope she doesn’t break David’s heart,” Paula teases. “But the writers can come up with anything they want.”

I hope we get to see a softer side of her personality soon. We had a glimpse of it when she came out with the stuff about her dad abusing her, and him being Max's father, but I don't know if this was made up or not. Think they should explore her background a bit more, give us some empathy for the character.

Thread Information