Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DAvid and Kylie!!!

Perhaps David Bratt is suffering from sunstroke after his holiday in Tenerife. For what else could explain his bizarre behaviour and his talk of a holiday romance?

Back only a couple of days, he has promoted himself to "Creative Director" in gran Audrey's hair salon and stolen Maria's clients, forcing her to quit.

Meanwhile, he's wearing out his fingers texting a cage dancer called Candy who he met on his first night away.

"And did your eyes meet through the bars of this cage?" Audrey teases.

"You can say what you like," smitten David claims. "I've never met anyone like her before in me life. I reckon she's The One."

So much so that on Monday he reveals to a shocked Gail that her mummy's boy has got engaged to Candy - by text obviously - she's moving in with them and they plan to get married in three weeks' time.

But when the mysterious Candy arrives on Friday there's an even bigger surprise for Gail... not to mention Becky and Steve.

Because she is Kylie, Becky's chav sister. The gobby girl who sold her son Max for 20 grand and then came back for £5,000 last December, forcing a desperate Becky to loot from Dev's shop - "practically steppin' over dead bodies fer yer own selfish interest", as Lloyd puts it.

Heralding the return of the excellent Paula Lane as Kylie, this is a brilliant pairing of the Street's bad boy and the ultimate chav.

And it can mean only one thing - double trouble. Brace yourselves...

The Mirror

Coronation Street star Jack P. Shepherd has admitted that his character David Platt will be like a "puppy dog" around new fiancée Kylie Turner.

As announced at the beginning of the year, the Weatherfield duo are to tie the knot in the coming weeks - to the surprise and horror of their respective families.

The storyline begins in earnest tomorrow evening when Kylie is revealed as the true identity of 'Candy', the mystery girl who David met in Tenerife.

In an interview with Holy Soap, Shepherd explained: "It's a perfect match. As far as who's gonna wear the pants in the relationship, I think it'll be Kylie.

"Only because whenever I've had a relationship with another character, I don't know why I do it, but I always walk around like a puppy dog, like a lap dog, around whoever. He would always do anything for Kylie so because of that she'd wear the pants."

He added: "I particularly like him at the minute because he's all loved up with Kylie and he's like a puppy dog around her - I like that side of him at the minute."

Paula Lane - who plays Kylie - recently said that she is looking forward to exploring her character's "fun" side in her scenes with David.

DS

'Coronation Street's Kylie Turner thinks David Platt is her "meal ticket" to a better life.

The couple - played by Paula Lane and Jack P. Shepherd - are set to stun the rest of Weatherfield when they announce their engagement following a holiday romance, and while Paula admits there is a "real connection" between the pair, one of her alter ego's major motivations is believing the bad boy crimper owns his own salon.

Paula said: "There's a real connection there. They're quite similar and, of course, Kylie thinks David might be a bit of a meal ticket as he's told hr he owns a hairdressing salon in Weatherfield.

"I don't think Kylie has ever imagined any man would ever ask her to marry him. She sees this as a chance to better herself."

Though Kylie is furious when she finds out David actually works for his gran Audrey (Sue Nicholls), she still has hopes that her lover will one day inherit the business, particularly after a client dies in the hairdressing chair.

Paula added: "She slaps David and calls him 'Phony and Guy'. She's angry but she still sees an opportunity for herself. She's got big idea for the salon and can see one day it will be David's.

"Kylie isn't there when the client dies, but she knows Audrey starts thinking about the future of the business. Kylie wants it to go to David so she can make her mark on the place."

(C) BANG Media International

Last edited by alan45; 04-03-2011 at 11:48.

Jack P Shepherd has revealed his kissing scenes with Paula Lane in Coronation Street are challenging - because their castmates keep trying to put them off.

The 23-year-old is currently hotting up screens as David Platt, who is loved up with Kylie Turner (Paula), but admitted Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald) and Sean Tully (Antony Cotton) try to mess up the scenes when they have to lock lips.

"We're filming lots of kissing scenes with me and Kylie, lots of them, and it was difficult - we had a three-and-a-half minute scene the other day, which was quite long and quite wordy and we had to be in the foreground snogging all the way through it," he said.

"It was one shot, so we were in the foreground and Si Gregson and Sean Tully were in the background. They had all the dialogue watching us snog and they kept getting their lines wrong on purpose so we had to keep going again and again and again."

He added: "So, it was like a three minute snog basically. It was a bit difficult. Massive!"

David has recently popped the question to Kylie, but Jack is keeping quiet about the forthcoming wedding.

"At the minute they're engaged and it's going towards a wedding but whether or not that'll happen, we'll have to wait and see," he teased.

PA
    Last edited by Perdita; 04-03-2011 at 17:46.

Corrie's Paula Lane has revealed she wants Kylie and David to have a "Big Fat Gypsy wedding".

The 24-year-old actress plays Becky McDonald's feisty, mischievous sister, who David Platt has just revealed is his new fiancee, and she thinks the pair deserve the kind of lavish, over-the-top wedding featured in the Channel 4 documentary.

Paula told Reveal magazine: "We've not filmed the wedding yet, but in my mind I want it to be a Big Fat Gypsy Wedding."

She went on: "We're still discussing some ideas, but that's what Kylie would like. It would be so much fun to play. Would it put me off getting married in real life though? Never!"

Paula has been dating actor Tom Shaw for seven years.

She revealed: "I definitely want to have kids and get married. I've wanted to since I was younger and I've always vowed never to put my career before that. But that's changed a bit now, because I love this job, so I don't want to change anything for the next few years."

PA

Coronation Street's Gail Platt could be prepared to go to extreme lengths to prevent her son David's shock wedding.

The meddling mum - played by Helen Worth - will do anything to put the breaks on the upcoming nuptials of her troubled teen son and mouthy single mother Kylie Turner (Paula Lane), will the entire Platt family thinking deceptive David (Jack P. Shepherd) is making a huge mistake by committing so quickly.

A 'Corrie' insider revealed: "Who knows what Gail will do in order to save David? She and the rest of the family think he's making a big mistake - and they want to stop this wedding!"

However, David isn't the only future groom who is facing a complicated wedding day.

His best friend Graeme Proctor (Craig Gazey) - who staged a fake split with gorgeous girlfriend Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) so he can marry her pal Xin Chiang (Elizabeth Tan) in the hope of securing her a visa to stay in the UK - is terrified his sham nuptials will end in the disaster if people find out about his false relationship.

The source added to Inside Soap magazine: "Graeme has put himself in a dangerous position by doing this favour for Xin. He's already got a criminal record, and another conviction could land him back inside for a long time!"

(C) BANG Media International

Posted twice

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Posted twice
    Was too quick for you.. I deleted the second one
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Was too quick for you.. I deleted the second one
    Lol

Thread Information