Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DAvid and Kylie!!!

DAvid and Kylie!!!

• What ever next, DAvid and Kylie to marry!!
    • Guess this won't be a love match then,
    • This girl is awful, she has nothing to like about her, oh so boring!!!!!!!!

But i guess there will be saddo's out there, who like the idea of double trouble

Quote Originally Posted by owenlee4me View Post
    But i guess there will be saddo's out there, who like the idea of double trouble
    Lol, count me out...I'm not looking forward to seeing Kylie and David as a couple.

oh so glad that there is someone else out there who does not want this "bonnie and Clyd" story
    but as Tracy is not planning on hanging around, guess they will need another villian or villians!!

Paula Lane has confirmed that she is thrilled by the news that her Coronation Street character Kylie Turner is to marry David Platt in a surprise new storyline.

The actress first announced the shock pairing in a TV interview last week, promising that Kylie and David will be "a really good combination" on screen.

Speaking on today's This Morning about the twist, Lane explained: "I am really, really chuffed about this storyline. When it came about, I couldn't believe it. What the writers can come up with now, the material - it could be explosive."

She continued: "I'm yet to read the scripts, but I do have sources who have told me that [Kylie is] very much the driver in the relationship, which is good."

Meanwhile, asked how David's mum Gail will react to the relationship, Lane replied: "I have no idea - but I can't wait to see her face!"

Earlier this month, it was confirmed that Lane is in the running for the 'Best Newcomer' prize at this year's National Television Awards.

I never thought I`d ever say this.... but David is way too good for Kylie.
    Add me as another who is not looking forward to this storyline one bit

Interview with Kylie on DS

s there a chance we could see a different side to Kylie as time goes on - as we have with Becky since her introduction?
    "Well, it's important for me to have Kylie as different to Becky in some ways, as otherwise the audience will feel that they've already seen it all before. So it's all about what you can bring to the table that's new, and I'm constantly sitting down and thinking about that. It's not that I'm totally opposed to Kylie being like Becky, because there are some slight similarities - but people are different and they make different choices. So the viewers are going to see Kylie driving the relationship with David and things like that. If you think about the Becky and Steve relationship, it's funny when you put them together as a duo and to see that different side of them where they're all loved-up, so you might see some similarities in that respect with Kylie and David."

Is it important for you to show that, despite everything, Kylie does love Max?
    "Yeah, I'm always saying that Kylie just does not fully understand the consequences of the choices that she's making. She's one of those people who just lives for the moment and doesn't think about what's going to happen in the future. She's just out for herself at the moment and she just doesn't understand the responsibility of motherhood. And I imagine that, as this storyline goes on, it's going to come back and bite her really hard. For instance, at some point in the future, Kylie could want Max back and he might say, 'Well where were you for me?' So I do think that it's going to come back to haunt her and it will play on her conscience. But, at the minute, I think she feels like he's safe with Becky and Steve and that it's all worked out well as they wanted a child, and she gets the life back that she's missed for the past four years. So in her immature mind, she feels like she's done something right!"

Do members of the public ever confuse you with your character?
    "I've been very lucky, actually! I think people just respect the fact that I'm acting and I'm playing a role. I've never really had the situation yet of someone thinking it's totally real. I've definitely not had any bad experiences. So hopefully everything will stay as it is, really!"

Was it quite nerve-racking to be involved in Corrie's live episode last month?
    "Yeah, it was - but I've trained at drama school so I said from the beginning that the live episode was going to be like theatre as you obviously do theatre live every night in front of an audience. However, actually getting to it and realising that there were 15 million people watching felt a little bit different, I have to say! (Laughs) So it was a really, really unique experience and I hope that I get the chance to do it again at some point in my career. I remember that, when we were doing it, I almost felt a bit shaky because of all the adrenaline, so it was a case of trying to conceal that in your lips and your eyes and making it look relaxed! Luckily, people said afterwards that they wouldn't have known we were nervous at all. It was thanks to the crew as well - we'd had so much practice and we couldn't have been in safer hands. I'm so chuffed that the live episode was a hit, as going live can always be a bit of a risk!"

How does it feel to be joining the Platt family now that Kylie is going to marry David?
    "It's great - it showed to me that our producer Phil must be quite pleased, as he's keeping me. I think it was the only way they could have brought me back, because I don't think they could have kept on with the whole Becky and Steve scenario - the viewers need something new. So it'll be really nice to explore this. And let me tell you, the scenes with Gail are going to be so funny. I've been reading the scripts and it's just pure class with the comedy - Kylie and Gail just clash! Then you've also got the mix of Audrey in there as well, so it's going to be brilliant and I can't wait."

Are you enjoying working with Jack P. Shepherd?
    "Oh, Jack's brilliant to work with. We've just done our first scene very recently and we're just totally at ease with each other and we have a laugh. I think it'll be a good partnership, and obviously when you're marrying someone in a soap, you're in it for the long haul so it's nice to have that amicable friendship."

Jack said in an interview last year that he was keen to work with you more, so it's funny how things have turned out!
    "I know! I've been talking to him about that - I didn't know anything about the wedding so when I found out, I thought that he must have found something out sooner than I had. But he said he hadn't, so it's a bit of a weird coincidence! It'll definitely be double trouble at first - Kylie and David will be going out for everything they can get. But it'll also be very funny - I've been itching to do some scenes with the family."

Had you auditioned for many other roles before being cast as Kylie?
    "I was quite lucky with Corrie - I was put straight through to the screen test because they'd already met me previously for a different part. I'd been doing some other things on screen so maybe they saw something in that and decided to invite me back in. And I've also been up for Emmerdale before. It's usually a long process - you can have two initial auditions, recall, a workshop and then the screen test. So you can have four or five different rounds before you get to the final stages. And when being turned down is due to something as trivial as your hair being too brown or slightly too long, or if your accent's slightly wrong, it is hard for your family to understand that. So I have had quite a few knock-backs, as any actor will experience."

How did it feel to get the Corrie job?
    "When you get something like Coronation Street, it is the ultimate high and I cannot tell you how elated I was when I got the job! It was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders after everything that I'd worked towards at drama school. But I did work for the two years after drama school and I had really good jobs. I filmed Going Postal in Budapest and I worked for the Army doing corporates that troops will watch before they go out to Afghanistan. So my roles have really been full of variety, but getting Coronation Street enabled me to have a bit of security and to come back up North. There was nothing like the feeling of getting this job."

Finally, are there any other highlights from your time at Corrie that you'd like to mention?
    "Oh, it's just been everything - we're all spoiled rotten, especially at photoshoots when we all get pampered! And I suppose it's just been meeting everyone - people like Bill Roache, who's been in it since the beginning. I came in a little bit starstruck and pinching myself - I couldn't believe that I was walking the cobbles of Weatherfield! Even now I can't quite believe that I'm filming on the Street. I've enjoyed it all and I'm really looking forward to the year ahead!"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Pussycat1one (10-12-2012)

Coronation Street star Jack P. Shepherd has confirmed that his character David Platt will be back to his mischievous ways after he embarks on a relationship with Kylie Turner in a forthcoming storyline.

Last month, it was revealed that David and Kylie (Paula Lane) are to tie the knot later this year in a shock plot twist, which begins when the pair get to know each other better in Tenerife.

The storyline kicks off next week when David tells Gail and Audrey about a cage dancer named Candy who he met while on holiday. However, unbeknown to his family, he is actually referring to Kylie - who has been working in a seedy club abroad.

Speaking about David and Kylie in an interview with All About Soap, Shepherd explained: "Each of them knows exactly who the other one is. However, David's getting a bit of a thrill by inventing this whole 'Candy' character for Gail and Audrey's benefit. He's really just waiting for Kylie to arrive in Weatherfield so they can cause a big stir - it's all extremely calculated."

David later proposes to Kylie by text message before she returns to the cobbles and they finally come clean.

Shepherd added: "She goes over to Gail's and that's when we get the big reveal. Gail's totally horrified when she realises David's engaged to Becky's sister - she thinks she's a commoner! Needless to say, Gail rapidly kicks them both out of the house."

Gail's discovery of David and Kylie's relationship will air early next month.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Pussycat1one (10-12-2012)

Well her return should get Tracyluv off of Steve and Beckys backs, for if Tracyluv says you bought the kid, they can say we were only looking after her until the sister got back.

Jack P. Shepherd has praised the decision to unite David Platt and Kylie Turner in Coronation Street.

The pair's surprise new storyline kicks off tomorrow evening as David returns from a holiday in Tenerife and reveals that he has fallen for 'Candy', a cage dancer he met during his time away.

After David proposes to his new girlfriend by text, a further twist takes place in next week's episodes when it emerges that the bad boy has not been entirely honest with his family - as 'Candy' is actually Kylie. The pair then start planning their wedding, to the horror of David's mum Gail.

In an interview with RTÉ Ten, Shepherd explained: "They're similar characters - just the opposite sex, really. They do anything to shock, they're always scheming, they're happy to blackmail anyone to get what they want - they're the perfect match."

The actor also discussed the moment that David and Kylie's unexpected relationship is revealed to the residents of Weatherfield.

He said: "Gail thinks she's trouble, she's Becky's sister and she knows her type. Becky gives her a bad reception too when they walk into The Rovers. Even Tina and Graeme are quite shocked!"

Coronation Street continues tomorrow at 8.30pm on ITV1.

DS

Coronation Street star Paula Lane has confirmed that Kylie and David's forthcoming wedding will be a low-key affair.

Fans of the ITV1 soap have only ever seen the Weatherfield duo meet briefly on screen, but the pair are set to cause a stir in next week's episodes when they announce their engagement.

Kylie and David (Jack P. Shepherd) have got to know each other better off-screen while both spending time in Tenerife. David is back on the cobbles without Kylie in tonight's episode but the troublemakers start planning their wedding once they are reunited next month.

Speaking to TV Choice about her character's nuptials, Lane commented: "The wedding's in a register office and none of Kylie's family are there, so it's not the big day she dreamt of. But being Kylie, she papers over the cracks and carries on as if everything's fine."

Asked about Kylie's dress, she replied: "It's a shocker! It's going to be very, er, minimal."

Meanwhile, the actress also dismissed rumours that Kylie is only getting involved with David because she has her sights set on his grandmother Audrey's salon.

She said: "Their relationship is genuine."

DS

Thread Information