Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: DAvid and Kylie!!!

Coronation Street's David Platt decides to hand himself in to the police next week as his family continue to shun him.

Fearing that the Platts will never forgive him for what he did to Nick (Ben Price), an emotional David heads to the police station and prepares to accept his fate. Will anyone stop him before it's too late?

Here, Jack P Shepherd - who plays David - reveals why his character has reached this desperate point.

How does David feel about the way his family is shutting him out?
    "He's feeling really depressed. He's tried to make amends with Kylie and Gail, and all he can say is how sorry he is, but they're having none of it."

How does David react when Nick orders him to leave the street or he'll tell everyone David tried to kill him?
    "When Nick pins David up against the wall telling him to leave the family alone, he feels completely alone in the world. He goes to drown his sorrows in The Rovers, and then Kylie comes in and tells him to leave as no-one wants him around. At this point, David is feeling so down and unwanted and thinks his only option is to confess all to the police."

What is more important to David - winning back Kylie or seeing Max and Lily?
    "Seeing Max and Lily. I think he has almost given up hope of getting back with Kylie. He doesn't even ask that anymore. I think all he wants to do now is see his kids and get some sort of relationship back with them."

David tells Kylie that he was suicidal when he first found out that she'd slept with Nick. How does she react?
    "She almost gets back with him at this point. David pours his heart out to her and tells Kylie how he found out about her and Nick when he was listening on the stairs. He tells her he just wanted to die because he was in so much pain. David bares all to Kylie, which makes her emotional. David tries to win her round, but all of a sudden Kylie flips and starts shouting at him again."

Could those suicidal thoughts return?
    "If Kylie stops him from seeing the kids and if his family continues to shun him, then I think he could be driven to having suicidal thoughts again."

Things look up for a moment when Gail lets David see Lily and Max, but then Nick arrives and chucks him out…
    "Yeah, David is so over the moon when Gail lets him see the kids so when Nick comes in and starts yelling at David to get out, it's heartbreaking for him. He tells Nick he doesn't want any trouble and leaves."

Nick then gives Gail an ultimatum and forces her to choose between the two brothers. When does David find out about Gail's decision?
    "Gail texts David and tells him to come round to put the kids to bed. At first, this is a pleasant surprise for David because he knows Gail was there when Nick chucked him out and he didn't think he'd be called round again so soon.

"David goes over and puts the kids to bed, and then Gail tells him he can't see the kids again. David's really confused and shocked. He thought he was making progress with his family and now he feels like he's gone right back to the beginning."

Why does David think handing himself in to the police will help the situation?
    "Because it just seems to be what everybody wants and he doesn't feel like he has any other alternative. Everyone seems to be closing doors on him and he just doesn't see any other way out of it. He thinks that if he does this, then at least people will know he's sorry for his actions."

Why does Nick not want David to do this?
    "Nick and Kylie put two and two together and Nick heads to the police station. He doesn't really know what he's going to say to David. I think half of Nick wants him to go down for what he did, but the other half knows what effect it will have on Gail, Max and Lily. So he goes to the station and tells David he can't hand himself him because of what it will do to his mum."

If David's family don't want him to go to the police, what do they want?
    "I think they just want him to stay away and go into a corner where they know that he's still alive but they don't have any interference from him. Right now, I think he's definitely given up on Kylie. He's accepted that she doesn't want to be married to him anymore, but he still really loves her…"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (03-12-2013)

They are living in his house and taking liberties. Kylie needs to leave

Coronation Street star Paula Lane has announced that she is pregnant with her first child.

The 28-year-old actress, who married her long-term partner Tom Shaw last month, revealed the news on her Twitter page this afternoon (June 5).

She told fans: "@SirTomShaw and I are thrilled to announce we have a Christmas pud in the oven! SURPRISE!"

Lane was immediately flooded with messages from fans who congratulated her on the news.

"@hannahjulia27: @lane_paula @SirTomShaw congratulations. You will both make fantastic parents. Xx" thanks Hannah! Very excited! Xx

— Paula_Lane (@lane_paula) June 5, 2014

Lane first started dating fellow actor Shaw when she was 17. The couple announced their engagement in December 2011 and tied the knot at Leeds Cathedral three weeks ago with friends and family in attendance.

On screen in Coronation Street, Lane's character Kylie Platt is mum to two children, Max and Lily.

Lane's co-star Jennie McAlpine, who plays Fiz Stape, also recently announced that she is expecting her first child.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (08-06-2014), maidmarian (05-06-2014)

Kyle and David have a new story-line coming up in Corrie over the summer concerning Max's health

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

lizann (08-06-2014)

Maybe thats where Max's dad comes in they may need his bone marrow or something

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    is he coming in

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    is he coming in

Coronation Street star Paula Lane has discussed her upcoming break from the show, revealing that she is hoping for a "dramatic" new storyline for her character Kylie Platt.

The actress is currently pregnant with her first child and will be taking maternity leave towards the end of the year, forcing show bosses to create a temporary exit storyline for Kylie.

Lane broke the news to Corrie's producer Stuart Blackburn in a meeting a few weeks ago and was pleased when he soon came up with an idea for how to write Kylie out.

She told The Sun's TV Magazine: "It had to sink in, but then I saw this light bulb go off in his head. I hope it's only going to improve what they already had in mind for Kylie and give them scope to do something quite dramatic.

"I am apprehensive because I love David and Kylie together and I was worried that I might have jeopardised that. Jack P Shepherd [who plays David] was a little bit shocked when I told him about the baby, but then he gave me a cuddle and was like, 'Well done'.

"He's been through it twice so he'll be on hand to give me advice. Now he says he thinks David needs to go off and have a little dabble!"

Kylie is furious with David.
    © ITV
    David and Kylie in Coronation Street

Lane, who is currently contracted with Corrie until next May, also insisted that she doesn't want to tone down Kylie's behaviour just because she is filming while pregnant.

She said: "I think Kylie's going to stay quite wild. I said to Stuart I'm ready for that because I've had a very quiet past six months, so I'm not going to let how well I'm feeling hinder me. Obviously any fighting would have to be adapted, but her personality is not going to suddenly mellow."

Lane's co-star Jennie McAlpine (Fiz Stape) is also expecting a baby and show bosses are bringing back her on-screen mother Cilla Battersby-Brown for a guest stint to facilitate her temporary departure.

Will be good to see Cilla back.

Coronation Street's Kylie Platt will lie to her husband David after taking her son Max's ADHD medication.

Show bosses announced in July that Kylie will hit rock bottom as she struggles to cope with Max's condition, which leads to her taking some of his pills in a moment of desperation.

Kylie struggles with the salon accounts
    © ITV
    Kylie struggles with the salon accounts

Kylie reaches breaking point
    © ITV
    Kylie reaches breaking point

The scenes in question air next week, as Kylie is mentally and physically exhausted while looking after her young daughter Lily, dealing with Max's problems and also working on the salon accounts.

Kylie immediately regrets her terrible decision, but is then left in a panic as she wonders how to explain the missing pills to David.

Paula Lane, who plays Kylie, commented: "She is at her wits' end when she takes the pills - she is tired and frustrated. She needs a moment of calm to get her accounts done and Lily is screaming.

"Afterwards she feels distraught and disgusted with herself. She's in panic mode and doesn't know how to tell David."

Needing a friend, Kylie confides in Eva Price (Catherine Tyldelsey) about what she has done, but ultimately ignores her when she suggests coming clean to David.

Eva offers Kylie some advice
    © ITV
    Eva offers Kylie some advice

Lane continued: "She attempts to follow Eva's advice but caves in and lies to David. She tells him she's misplaced Max's pills. In her mind, she's adamant that she'll never take them again - she doesn't want to put herself in that predicament again."

In real life, Lane has been researching the issue of ADHD to ensure that the Platt family's experiences with Max's condition are portrayed accurately on screen.

She explained: "I feel I owe it to the viewers to get it right, and people who live with ADHD. Hopefully we can help raise awareness - it's not a disease and can be dealt with, with the right help and support."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (02-09-2014), tammyy2j (03-09-2014)

Thread Information