Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Silent Witness

Brilliant!!!!!!
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

WILLIAM GAMINARA says he’s “grieving” after quitting Silent Witness – but admits he is relieved he no longer has to root around in bodies.
    The actor, who starred for 11 years as Professor Leo Dalton in the BBC1 forensic thriller series, says he’s ready for a new challenge after the grisly role.
    He told TV Biz: “It’s been a huge part of my life but I couldn’t keep the level of enthusiasm up.”
    And he added: “It is like a minor form of grieving. I think I will miss doing the post-mortems in some strange way and it was sad to think I was never going to speak the words of my character again.”
    But he feels some relief at not having to learn complicated medical jargon or face the sickening stench of the pigs’ organs used for the on-screen corpses.
    He said: “Thankfully, we often had a pathologist on site who advises on technique and pronunciation — and if there wasn’t I would call my sister, who is a consultant and she would set me straight. What I won’t mind missing is when we stopped using prosthetics made out of plastic and we started using pigs’ organs for hearts and livers. That was really unpleasant.
    “It was the first time I started to feel squeamish as they really smelt.
    “The worst moment was probably when I had to pick maggots out of a dead man’s eye socket.
    “I was wearing white, stretchy gloves and every time I picked up a handful of maggots they seemed to get inside.
    “For some reason I had to do this take several times — putting my hand into this real skull which had been filled up with gunk. It was a pretty horrific experience.”

Last Night viewers of the concluding episode of a two-parter saw a return to Afghanistan where Leo, along with Nikki played by Emilia Fox, and Jack played by David Caves, are identifying human remains.
    William said his time on the BBC1 show hadn’t all been about guts and gore and he has some special memories.
    He said: “Once I had to do a post-mortem on a dog. The Labrador was supposed to keep still on the slab but obviously it wasn’t actually dead and it kept wagging its tail.
    “Filming in Spain for my final episodes was filled with gunfire and explosions, that’s just fun.”
    And he said he leaves the role with a better knowledge of the human body.
    He said: “I think I could have been a pathologist in a different life.”
    William is not letting his working pace slow. He is appearing in the touring play Less Than Kind and opening a self-penned show, The Three Lions, at the Edinburgh Fringe later this year.
    He said: “I left to do different things, I haven’t been on the stage for 12 years so I wanted to see if it is something I still want.
    “But it was really nerve-racking after doing Silent Witness for 11 years.”
    The new series of Silent Witness will begin next year.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-02-2013), JustJodi (09-02-2013)

WILLIAM GAMINARA says he’s “grieving” after quitting Silent Witness – but admits he is relieved he no longer has to root around in bodies.
    The actor, who starred for 11 years as Professor Leo Dalton in the BBC1 forensic thriller series, says he’s ready for a new challenge after the grisly role.
    He told TV Biz: “It’s been a huge part of my life but I couldn’t keep the level of enthusiasm up.”
    And he added: “It is like a minor form of grieving. I think I will miss doing the post-mortems in some strange way and it was sad to think I was never going to speak the words of my character again.”
    But he feels some relief at not having to learn complicated medical jargon or face the sickening stench of the pigs’ organs used for the on-screen corpses.
    He said: “Thankfully, we often had a pathologist on site who advises on technique and pronunciation — and if there wasn’t I would call my sister, who is a consultant and she would set me straight. What I won’t mind missing is when we stopped using prosthetics made out of plastic and we started using pigs’ organs for hearts and livers. That was really unpleasant.
    “It was the first time I started to feel squeamish as they really smelt.
    “The worst moment was probably when I had to pick maggots out of a dead man’s eye socket.
    “I was wearing white, stretchy gloves and every time I picked up a handful of maggots they seemed to get inside.
    “For some reason I had to do this take several times — putting my hand into this real skull which had been filled up with gunk. It was a pretty horrific experience.”

Last Night viewers of the concluding episode of a two-parter saw a return to Afghanistan where Leo, along with Nikki played by Emilia Fox, and Jack played by David Caves, are identifying human remains.
    William said his time on the BBC1 show hadn’t all been about guts and gore and he has some special memories.
    He said: “Once I had to do a post-mortem on a dog. The Labrador was supposed to keep still on the slab but obviously it wasn’t actually dead and it kept wagging its tail.
    “Filming in Spain for my final episodes was filled with gunfire and explosions, that’s just fun.”
    And he said he leaves the role with a better knowledge of the human body.
    He said: “I think I could have been a pathologist in a different life.”
    William is not letting his working pace slow. He is appearing in the touring play Less Than Kind and opening a self-penned show, The Three Lions, at the Edinburgh Fringe later this year.
    He said: “I left to do different things, I haven’t been on the stage for 12 years so I wanted to see if it is something I still want.
    “But it was really nerve-racking after doing Silent Witness for 11 years.”
    The new series of Silent Witness will begin next year.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Brilliant!!!!!!

Now that was what I call a FANTASTIC episode... and my gosh yes BRILLIANT

I haven't seen any of these episodes!! When does the box set come out? It's on my pre-order list. I don't want to read the spoilers but you guys are tempting me
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    I haven't seen any of these episodes!! When does the box set come out? It's on my pre-order list. I don't want to read the spoilers but you guys are tempting me
    March 25th!! I can't wait
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    March 25th!! I can't wait
    Thanks CrazyLea

It was a very good series, too, with a shocker of an ending!

It was a brilliant series! My favourite story was 'True Love Waits', which I believe was written by Ed Whitmore. I always enjoy the scripts that he writes. I love the new guy Jack and the ending to the series was amazing! Also, I have a massive straight crush on Emelia Fox. Isn't she gorgeous?

I have bought Series 9 and 10 on DVD (the first series with Emelia Fox in) and I'm currently working my way through them. I've only seen this current series and the one last year.

Thread Information