Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Leyla/David/Alicia/Justin

metro.co.uk published on 31-08-15:
    >
    Emmerdale spoilers: Natalie Anderson reveals Alicia Metcalfe exit drama

Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    Monday 31 Aug 2015 11:59 pm

© ITV

Since Natalie Anderson announced her departure from Emmerdale (*sad face*) speculation has been rife surrounding what could possibly cause her to go. In the run up to the dramatic disaster episodes, it seemed a given that she would breathe her last during the explosive events.

But as she lives on, it seems that the aftermath of the tragedy will be what Alicia, and her marriage to David, becomes a casualty of.

Despite her love for David, it becomes clear that the pair are at a significant crossroads. With David showing no signs of being able to leave the village that has so many bad memories for Alicia, the once bubbly barmaid is faced with a dilemma as her dream of a new life in Portugal starts to fade.

Here, the talented star opens up about the latest heart-wrenching dramas for the once solid pair and reveals what it has been like to wave goodbye to her popular alter ego.

© ITV

Admitting that she will miss everyone, especially ‘her girls’ in the cast, Natalie reflected on her favourite Alicia moments, saying: ‘Theres been so many. I feel so fortunate. What was fun to play was the whole David and Alicia and Priya love triangle. It was written in so many ways like an American sitcom and you don’t get to play that often in soap.

‘There were a lot of incredibly funny scenes. There was a lot of fun in that storyline and I had some fantastic scenes with Fiona (Wade, who plays Priya) who I adore. I also loved the return of my sister. I loved that Christmas storyline so much. We had such a scream filming that.’

And fans are very sad at the prospect of saying goodbye to Alicia, with Natalie commenting on the viewers who adore her character. She revealed: ‘I’ve had lots of messages on Twitter. Prior to this, there was speculation that Alicia would die in the disaster so I had lots of people contacting me around that time. The support people have shown has been amazing and I am overwhelmed and humbled. The fans have been fantastic.’

So what does eventually drive Alicia away? She is keen to return to Portugal but with Eric’s grief getting steadily worse, David realises he is needed more than ever back home. And, when he reaches the decision to buy his shop back, Alicia realises that he could well want to stay in Emmerdale forever.

Natalie explained: ‘David never wanted to go in the first place anyway and his dad is in a really bad way so he feels very responsible. There is kind of an excuse there but he also gets to stay around for Amba and his life is very much still in the village.

‘The longer he stays, the more he’ll settle so when he buys the shop, her heart sinks. It confirms he does wants the old life back and she is not ready for that.’

Revealing that the village simply holds too many bad memories for her character, Natalie shared: ‘It’s quite a dark place for her while Portugal is sunny and bright and she felt she had a future.

‘She feels like a failure and that she let Lachlan beat her. Everything she wanted was here and now it’s not and she feels disappointed with herself for not being stronger. I’m sad for her, it was a place she loved very much. At this moment, the village just holds dark memories. Not just Lachlan but with Cameron and now Val’s death.’

Alicia does try to speed up Eric’s recovery process in a last ditch attempt to get her and David’s life back on track. Getting Ashley’s assistance, she sets up a counselling session for him but, when Ashley forgets to attend, the whole situation backfires, leaving David and Alicia further apart than ever.

So could this finally be the end for the couple? Natalie said: ‘The relationship is becoming really strained. She adores him and loves him deeply and she wants him to have the courage to say he doesn’t want to go back rather than maybe using his dad as an excuse.

‘I think shed have a bit more respect for him if he just came out and said it. But when he does that stresses her out quite a lot. She does love David but she isn’t feeling well herself.’

© ITV

How things are left between David and Alicia and what decision Alicia finally reaches remain to be seen but the emotional scenes unfold in the village in coming episodes that will see Natalie wave goodbye to her alter ego for good. And she is very firm on what she plans to do post-Emmerdale!

She smiled: ‘Err, holidays! I’m trying to get a holiday in and trying to spend some time with my family.’

We reckon after the drama Alicia has been through of late that Natalie has certainly earned a break!
    >

Read more at:
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/31/emmerd...drama-5367949/
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 01-09-2015 at 09:58.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (01-09-2015)

Next week (looks like Thursday September 10th) Alicia leaves Emmerdale to go to Portugal (to work with Paul?).

Natalie Anderson has played Alicia for about 5 years now and has decided to leave but has no clear plan for what to do next other take holidays for now. Her Twitter account presently says she is on holiday in Barbados.

Twitter account at:
    https://twitter.com/AndersonNatalie

wikipedia biography at:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Anderson

Breaking point for Alicia and David

Emmerdale 04 Sep 2015

Alicia and David Metcalfe's relationship is at breaking point on Emmerdale when the couple are forced to admit they want different things.

Story by Jackie Bell @Jackie_utv

The pair returned from their new life in Portugal in the wake of Val’s death, and while it is clear David is happy to be home as he didn’t want to leave the village and his daughter Amba to begin with, Alicia is finding it difficult being back as Emmerdale holds a lot of bad memories for her.

But as Eric is spiralling more and more out of control following Val’s death, it seems the couple will have to stay in the village to look after him – something which David appears to be ok with.

“There’s kind of an excuse there having his dad being in such a bad way,” said actress Natalie Anderson, who plays Alicia. “Then he gets to stay around for Amba and for his dad and he is thinking of buying the shop back.

“His life is very much still in the village, he didn’t really want to go (to Portugal) in the first place. He is definitely wanting their old life back and Alicia is just not ready for that.

“The village is quite a dark place for her, she felt like she had a future again in Portugal.”

Alicia admits her worries to her sister Leyla, who then comes up with a plan to not only help Eric, but make sure Alicia and David can leave the village.

Natalie explained: “She tries to get him to speak to Ashley. Leyla comes up with this plan thinking if they get Eric some proper help then he could potentially get better quicker and so they will be able to get back to Portugal.

“Alicia listens to her sister and tries to get Ashley to intervene. She is left on her own with Eric and David walks in. At this point David and his dad aren’t speaking, so it all looks like a bit of a set-up, which I suppose it kind of is.

“She does care deeply about Eric, but it does completely backfire on her.”

This puts even more pressure on Alicia and David’s relationship as it is clear they are heading in different directions.

“Her relationship with David is becoming incredibly strained,” continued Natalie. “She loves him deeply but she is becoming frustrated with him. She wants him to have to courage to say ‘I don’t want to go back’ and she feels like he is using his dad as an excuse.

“I think she would have a bit more respect for him if he just came out and said it. But then when he does admit it that stresses her out even more. She does love David but equally she is feeling incredibly vulnerable.”

The storyline marks Natalie’s exit from Emmerdale and the actress says she has been overwhelmed by the support she has received from the soap’s fans.

“The support people have shown myself and my onscreen family have been amazing and it’s something that I’m overwhelmed by and obviously very humbled by. The fans have been fantastic and amazingly kind to Alicia,” she said.

Source:
    http://www.u.tv/Entertainment/2015/0...nd-David-44347

Natalie Anderson on leaving Emmerdale: I don't think Alicia is done completely

AFTER five fabulous years, actress Natalie Anderson is saying an emotional goodbye to Emmerdale…

By Vicki Power
    PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sat, Sep 5, 2015

When Alicia Gallagher (Natalie Anderson) arrived in Emmerdale five years ago, she was less a breath of fresh air than a stiff North Sea gale blowing into the village.

The brassy personality, flesh-baring outfits and ability to make us laugh quickly established Alicia as a feisty, flawed newcomer who was sure to make waves.

And when she found happiness with the love of her life, David Metcalfe (Matthew Wolfenden), fans were overjoyed.

But love in the Dales rarely lasts long and this week Alicia leaves Emmerdale for Portugal, taking her son Jacob (actually he’s her nephew, but that’s a different story) and leaving her beloved husband behind.

Actress Natalie Anderson made the difficult decision to leave because she felt she was missing out on being a mum to Freddie, her three-year-old son with husband James Shepherd.

When we meet to chat about her exit, Natalie – pretty, bubbly and talkative – explains that she first tried leaving the soap a year ago.

“I’d been really, really busy and it was coming up to Freddie’s second birthday and I just felt I’d not seen him at all and that I was missing out a little bit,” explains Natalie, 33.

But Emmerdale producer Kate Oates enticed her to stay on with the promise of a juicy storyline – the shocking and controversial plot in which Alicia was sexually assaulted by troubled 14-year-old schoolboy Lachlan White (Thomas Atkinson).

The storyline this year gave Natalie some of the most dramatic scenes of her Emmerdale career and saw her shortlisted for Best Actress and Best Dramatic Performance at the British Soap Awards.

For Alicia, the assault was the final straw and she wanted to get out of the village. In June she convinced David to move to Portugal with her and set up a bar, but after the helicopter crash at Debbie and Pete’s wedding earlier this month, David, Alicia and Jacob returned to console David’s father, Eric Pollard (Chris Chittell), over the death of his wife, Val (Charlie Hardwick).

“David wants to be there for his dad, and he’s already missing home, so that seed is planted,” explains Natalie. “They’re helping Eric through the grieving process, and then Alicia sees cracks within David – him not wanting to go back to Portugal at all.”

The return to Yorkshire has taken its toll on Alicia because of the trauma she suffered at the hands of young Lachlan.

“She’s trying to be brave, but she’s becoming anxious, subdued and snappy,” explains Natalie. The couple’s fate is sealed once David buys back his shop in the village and Alicia returns to Portugal without him.

“It is cruel to separate them in that they love each other,” concedes Natalie. “But something’s got to give.”

Natalie confirms there’s always a chance Alicia could return. “I think there’s still a long way to go with her,” she muses. “I don’t think she’s done completely.”

Source:
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...erdale-leaving

Sad that they're splitting up.

Natalie Anderson (Alicia) updated her Hello! Magazine blog this week to talk about leaving Emmerdale, appearing on ITV's This Morning show and going on travel filming in Barbados.

Read full blog at:
    http://blog.hellomagazine.com/natalieanderson/

Twitter account at:
    https://twitter.com/andersonnatalie

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    Natalie Anderson (Alicia) updated her Hello! Magazine blog this week to talk about leaving Emmerdale, appearing on ITV's This Morning show and going on travel filming in Barbados.

Read full blog at:

Twitter account at:
    thought she left to be with her kid

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post

Read full blog at:

Twitter account at:
    thought she left to be with her kid

cant believe they broke up, didn't even try long distance

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-09-2015), tammyy2j (10-09-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    cant believe they broke up, didn't even try long distance
    I know but sometimes I thins the scriptwriters are trying to indicate that the character is not going to return in a hurry .. I prefer this to having her die in the accident

Thread Information