Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Katherine Kelly (Becky) quits Coronation Street

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Sorry, posted something that had already been posted.....

Can't we have a delete function? Now everyone can see how stupid I am!!!
    We already knew

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    We already knew
    Oh yes, I forgot. That's all right then!

Feel really sorry now for Becky after last night's episode as now its like shes got no one

Quote Originally Posted by xcarlyx View Post
    Feel really sorry now for Becky after last night's episode as now its like shes got no one
    Last nights episode showed just what a fine actress Katherine Kelly is. Compare her to the plank that is Kate Ford. Lets hope her return involves attending the funeral of Traceyluv
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (25-12-2011), tammyy2j (25-12-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Last nights episode showed just what a fine actress Katherine Kelly is. Compare her to the plank that is Kate Ford. Lets hope her return involves attending the funeral of Traceyluv
    She is a great actress. I cannot stand Kate Ford at all

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xcarlyx For This Useful Post:

Perdita (26-12-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    The actress, who announced her decision to leave the show earlier this year, shot her final scenes as Becky McDonald today (December 9).

Kelly took to Twitter this morning to tell fans: "Last day filming on the cobbles..."

She returned to the microblogging site in the evening to announce: "It is done. Becky has left the Street! I hope you enjoy the departure Corrie viewers. Final eps on screen Mid Jan. Enjoy! It's all for you x"

Fellow Corrie star Paula Lane, who plays Becky's half-sister Kylie Platt, expressed her sadness at Kelly's departure from the soap.

"Filming some very emotional scenes today with my on screen big sis @katherine_kelly," she tweeted. "Everyone is gonna miss her so much :-("

Earlier this week, details were revealed of an emotional scene outside a hotel between Becky and Steve (Simon Gregson), which forms part of the final chapter in the ongoing love triangle between the two characters and Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford).

Becky is also rumoured to be involved in dramatic scenes in this year's Christmas Day episode.

Speaking of her choice to leave the show, Kelly previously said: "It's been one of the hardest decisions of my life.

"I love Coronation Street and everyone here. I have had the most blissful five years, I wouldn't change one moment of it - but it feels like the time is right to say goodbye to Becky."
    When does she leave on screen?

It's sometime in January, The cops and Steve have still to find out that Tracy lied.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    It's sometime in January, The cops and Steve have still to find out that Tracy lied.
    Steve makes a last minute dash to the airport to beg Beckys to stay after he finds out the truth about Traceyluv
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street's Gail McIntyre has never had much of a chance to get revenge after Tracy Barlow told lies about her in court, but could the opportunity be about to present itself?

According to All About Soap, Becky McDonald (Katherine Kelly) will soon beg Gail (Helen Worth) for help as she battles to prove that Tracy is telling lies about her miscarriage.

Tracy (Kate Ford) recently managed to turn Steve (Simon Gregson) against Becky for good by claiming that the feisty blonde killed her babies by pushing her down the stairs. However, viewers know that Tracy fell - and that she actually lost the twins the night before the accident.

While the exact nature of Becky's request to Gail hasn't been revealed, we all know that the Weatherfield mum used to work at the medical centre - and reports have suggested that Becky will try to steal Tracy's records to prove that she's lying.

Could Gail's history at the medical centre provide an opportunity to clear Becky's name and settle the old score with Tracy? Or will she decide that she doesn't want to be a part of it?

Coronation Street star Katherine Kelly has confirmed that her character Becky McDonald will be going all-out to clear her name in the build-up to her departure from Weatherfield.

Becky was recently left devastated when scheming Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) accused her of causing her miscarriage by pushing her down a set of stairs.

Viewers are aware that Tracy is lying as she slipped rather than being pushed - and she actually lost her babies the night before. However, Steve (Simon Gregson) has been fooled by Tracy's claims.

Kelly told This Morning today: "Becky's got to clear her name now - that's the thing. She's worked really hard, it's been this lovely redemption story and the Croppers have trained her to be a good woman.

"And now not only has she lost the love of her life, it looks like she might lose her good name - which is what she's worked so hard to achieve. The last couple of weeks, which is all it is now on screen, really is for Becky to prove that she is not the evil person that Tracy is making her out to be."

Kelly also admitted that bowing out from Coronation Street was an emotional experience. She departed the soap in December.

"My last day on set - I actually filmed my final scenes with the Croppers, when she does say goodbye to them," the actress explained. "Myself and Julie [Hesmondhalgh] who plays Hayley - well, she was beside herself! She didn't stop crying in between the takes!

"And then with Simon, it wasn't quite the last scene but it was a very emotional scene. Because we film out of order, I actually filmed my final scenes three weeks before I left. But I'm really looking forward to watching it all, with the rest of the nation!"

Kelly is currently in rehearsals for comedy play She Stoops To Conquer, which begins a run at the National Theatre in London later this month.

Thread Information