Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPlayer abroad?

iPlayer abroad?

I will be going to Morocco for this Christmas and one thing I do pretty much every year is watch the EastEnders 'specials' and other good old Christmas TV/movies!

I will be taking a laptop out there but as far as I am aware iPlayer only works in the UK.. Do you guys have any solutions on how I can catch up on my Xmas TV while I am away?

Many thanks! xx

If you have a twin tuner or sky box I guess you could put programmes on series record?
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StarsOfCCTV For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (22-12-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post
    I will be going to Morocco for this Christmas and one thing I do pretty much every year is watch the EastEnders 'specials' and other good old Christmas TV/movies!

I will be taking a laptop out there but as far as I am aware iPlayer only works in the UK.. Do you guys have any solutions on how I can catch up on my Xmas TV while I am away?

Many thanks! xx

Unless you are getting free wifi it will cost a fortune in data charges to watch the BBC iplayer.

This article might help
    The Best Option to watch BBC iPlayer Abroad
    Firstly should you pick substitute or VPN options, well the neatest thing is to have BOTH! The software I use is Identity Cloaker which gives you a premium high speed United Kingdom proxy and United Kingdom VPN option. This will enable you to view iPlayer live and download programs to view when you want.
    The software wasn't originally made for television viewing, it is just a byproduct of what it does. As such they do not even state this use on their website!

There is a ten day trial available for a few euros (the free version is of no use if you'd like to watch iplayer abroad {as it is too restrictive|ass it only works for certain sites, as it does not work for TV sites). After that the software costs less than seven euros a month, so it is reallly a bargain for those among us who need to watch iPlayer abroad!

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/cable-an...#ixzz18OCXAKmT
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

http://www.tvproxy.co.uk/bbc_iplayer_abroad.tpl
    Last edited by alan45; 17-12-2010 at 17:03.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

If all fails, could you get somebody else to record it for you for you to watch on your return?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Or you could watch it on iplayer when you get back, if you're coming back before the 1st Jan. If not, you should be able to download it, ahem, somewhere.
    Thanks CrazyLea

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Spicy, if you want to jump on the ferry to Gibraltar, 20 mins away, your more than welcome to watch it at ours!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

I use a proxy through my uni whilst I'm out here in Germany, so if you're at uni they might have one available for you to use?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tori For This Useful Post:

Many thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I will just have to record it on Sky + or watch it on iPlayer when I get back. May try and Youtube the Christmas special.. Hopefully someone will put it up bit by bit or something haha!

I don't think I have a proxy through uni Tori

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Stockings View Post
    Many thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I will just have to record it on Sky + or watch it on iPlayer when I get back. May try and Youtube the Christmas special.. Hopefully someone will put it up bit by bit or something haha!

I don't think I have a proxy through uni Tori
    Have a look on your library website - may be called a VPN; it might say use this to access journals off campus or something!

you can use VPN services to watch the channels and you can also use the proxy servers also to watch the channels in the bbc-iplayer

Thread Information