Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bianca Jackson Butcher (Patsy Palmer)

Sorry Lizann, looks like she's not going anywhere:-

Palmer: 'I have not quit EastEnders'

EastEnders star Patsy Palmer has denied reports that she has quit the soap, confirming that she has "every intention" of returning to Walford.

The actress - who plays Albert Square favourite Bianca Jackson - is currently on maternity leave after welcoming the arrival of her fourth child Bertie last month.

In a new interview with Hello magazine published today, Palmer revealed that her EastEnders contract recently expired and that she wishes to "enjoy every minute" with her newborn son for the time being.

The star's comments have since led to suggestions that she has decided to leave her role on the programme due to the controversial baby swap storyline currently airing on screen.

However, in a statement released this morning, Palmer insisted: "I have not quit EastEnders over the current storyline as reports suggest. My contract came to an end soon after I gave birth to Bertie and as I have already said, I just want to spend every minute with him.

"I love EastEnders and have every intention of returning when the time is right for me and the show."

Bianca's departure storyline airs this week as she ends up in prison for attacking Connor Stanley (Arinze Kene), the secret lover of her mum Carol.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-01-2011), lizann (18-01-2011), tammyy2j (18-01-2011)

Palmer exit sparks 'Enders scene changes

EastEnders bosses were forced to think of an "inventive" way to continue Bianca Jackson's current storyline after Patsy Palmer gave birth early, Digital Spy can reveal.

Producers at the BBC soap faced a problem in December after Palmer welcomed the arrival of her fourth child Bertie almost a month before he was due.

Bertie's early arrival came as Palmer was about to film explosive scenes focusing on a showdown between Bianca and her loved ones, sparked by the revelation of her mum Carol's secret relationship with Connor Stanley.

Speaking in a new interview with Hello magazine, Palmer admitted: "I wasn't planning to go on leave for another three weeks so they will have to explain my sudden absence - maybe aliens will abduct Bianca! But they were very supportive and told me their only concern was for me and my baby's health."

A Walford source told DS today: "Everyone was thrilled for Patsy when she gave birth to a healthy baby boy, but his early arrival did create a big challenge because some key scenes showing Bianca becoming involved in the Carol and Connor storyline had yet to be filmed.

"We had all the build-up shot as well as the aftermath, but there were some important scenes in the middle that hadn't been done. In the end, we had to be quite inventive in the way that we proceeded with the storyline.

"As a result, one of the affected scenes from the storyline will play out in a special way, showing events unfold through the eyes of Bianca's daughter Tiffany. It worked out quite well as we had already been showing how Carol's secret was having a big effect on Tiffany and causing her to behave strangely. But the viewers will have to wait and see exactly how it all happens when the episodes air."

The scenes in question - which lead to Bianca's temporary departure from the Square - will be screened this week. Show bosses also brought back Natalie Cassidy's character Sonia Fowler for a one-off episode to help with the conclusion of the storyline.

Well I suppose that explains Sonia??

Bianca has to come back. She belongs in EE now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchgirl For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (19-01-2011)

Yeh, the whole Bianca storyline was ridiculous, but I guess Eastenders didnt have a lot to work with so i will try and let that go lol. Natalie Cassidy's acting was appauling, I dont know what was going on there, because she used to be brilliant. 'Bianca couldnt call because her battery went dead and she couldnt find her phone charger ha'. Ricky is surprisingly calm about his wife going to prison for a few months. Did he not even want to see her before she went? they hadnt filmed the scenes I guess.

I thought Natalie's acting was pretty good.

Patsy Palmer confirms 'EastEnders' return, teases Bianca future

The actress made an abrupt departure from her role as Bianca Butcher in late 2010 when she gave birth to her fourth child Bertie weeks before he was due. Her contract with the Walford serial subsequently expired, leaving fans to wonder if and when she would return.

However, in an interview with The Mirror today, Palmer revealed that she has signed a special "working mums" contract which will allow her to return to EastEnders while continuing to spend time with her family.

Palmer explained: "I honestly thought I wouldn't go back. I wanted to make sure Bertie was 100% healthy and EastEnders is relentless. Even now I don't know how I'm going to do it. I'm a mother of four wonderful kids and they come first. Like most working parents, juggling everything can be difficult but my new contract will give me more time with my family.

"The trade-off is less money as we only get paid for what we do but the most important thing is that I will be there for all their important dates like sports and parents days, school holidays and things like that. And viewers won't notice because of the way they will schedule filming."

She continued: "I start filming in the autumn and will be on screen before Christmas and I'm really excited as I've got some great storylines coming up."

Bianca is currently in prison for attacking ladies' man Connor Stanley. Palmer has predicted that the feisty mum will be a changed woman once she returns home to Albert Square.

"I love playing Bianca but she was always miserable," she said. "But after her experience in prison I think we'll see a different softer side to Bianca which will be a new challenge for me."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (19-07-2011), tammyy2j (19-07-2011)

Should she be released from prison soon?

I thought she was back around Xmas
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 15-11-2011 at 15:16.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Should she be released from prison soon?

I thought she was back around Xmas
    She is back for Pat's funeral

Patsy Palmer does seem to have been gone for a very long time!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information