Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: X Factor 2011 (UK show)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

megan999 (12-12-2011)

Well done to Little Mix! They broke the curse. Here's to a long and successful career for them
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to megan999 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (12-12-2011)

Little chance of Xmas No1 for Little Mix

X FACTOR champs Little Mix face an uphill battle for the Christmas No1 - after Military Wives' single became the most pre-ordered music product of all time at Amazon.co.uk.

The charity offering has outstripped the previous record holder – Take That's Progress album – by a margin of three to one.

And while the quartet of Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards and Jesy Nelson are certain to top the charts this weekend with their cover of Damien Rice's Cannonball – it seems increasingly unlikely that they will hold on for the coveted festive top spot the following week.

The firm's Music And MP3 Manager Roger Greensmith said: "This is a tremendous achievement when you consider that Take That's album marked Robbie's return and was one of the most highly-anticipated music releases ever."

Profits from the track – masterminded by choirmaster Gareth Malone – will go to Royal British Legion and the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA) charities.

The song's lyrics are taken from emotional letters the choir wrote to their husbands and boyfriends serving in the war zone.

Champs Little Mix are set to earn a staggering £8million from massive deals after winning the show.

Simon Cowell plans to make Tulisa Contostavols' girl band global superstars.

But their £150,000 record deal advance will be dwarfed by lucrative contracts with major brands.
    Source: The Sun

They butchered Cannonball

X Factor’s Tulisa Contostavlos eyes Little Mix track

X FACTOR judge Tulisa Contostavlos revealed she wants to get back into the Mix with her triumphant girl group — on her forthcoming album.

The N-Dubz singer, 23, who performed with the foursome on Saturday's show, said she would love to do it again.

Tulisa sang a medley of Empire State Of Mind and If I Ain't Got You with Little Mix. She said: "There have been talks about us performing together again.

"When I release my album we might re-record the song we did together and put it on the album.

"I am here whenever they want me to be, they're my new best mates."

Jesy said: "She's like our big sister."

Meanwhile, some viewers have criticised Little Mix for using an autocue to sing winners' single Cannonball on Sunday.

During a close-up a screen briefly flashed up reading: "JADE: Stones taught me to fly, love it taught me to lie."

They are part of the lyrics to the Damien Rice song. PictureThisGuys tweeted: "Now it really is karaoke!"

MATT CARDLE was blown away by Tulisa's duet with Little Mix, but is "gutted" Marcus Collins lost out to the girl group.

Matt, who won last year's show against Rebecca Ferguson and One Direction, reckons Marcus didn't sing loudly enough in his duet with Gary Barlow.

He said: "Little Mix are lovely and deserving of their win but I'm absolutely gutted Marcus didn't win — he's the man!

"I hate to say it because I'm a massive Marcus fan but he was too quiet in his duet. It was a shame as he's amazing vocally."

WESTLIFE's X Factor performance was their last on telly Kian Egan has said. The ageing four-piece – which also includes Mark Feehily, Shane Filan and Nicky Byrne – sang their swansong What About Now on Sunday's final in front of former manager Louis Walsh.

Later Kian tweeted: "A great one to finish on. Love u all x #sad." The band, who have had 14 No1s in as many years, will limp out with a farewell tour next year.

---> they shouldn't of been allowed to use autocue

The X Factor could score a chart hat-trick this weekend with the potential top three singles all linked to the hit ITV1 talent show, according to the Official Charts Company.
    Midweek sales figures show winners Little Mix are on course for the top of the charts only a week after their triumph.
    The girlband's cover of Damien Rice's Cannonball is set for number one in the charts.
    The original version of the song peaked at number nine this September after it was performed in an audition for the show by another contestant and is back in the top 20 again now.
    Coldplay are on track to claim the number two spot with their song Paradise, which they performed on Sunday's X Factor final, if projected sales continue, and Leona Lewis, who won the show in 2006, is set to be at number three with her cover of Hurt.
    Michael Buble's Christmas album is expected to take top spot on the album chart from the Amy Winehouse collection Lioness - Hidden Treasures.

PA

Olly Murs wants a pants 2012

OLLY Murs has many aims in 2012... No1 singles, big gigs and perhaps buying more turtle-neck jumpers.

But his biggest is launching his own range of undercrackers.

He said: "I would love to do an underwear range at some point and I'd model them myself, 100 per cent.

"I'm not sure if I could put David Beckham and Harry Judd to shame – you'll just have to wait and see."

And he added: "You would definitely get a bit of a complex – you just hope the room is warm."

Frankie Cocozza ha claimed that The X Factor has ruined his life, telling other wannabe singers not to take part in the show.

Talking to the Daily Star Sunday, Frankie revealed he was glad to get away from the show and abuse from the public by appearing on Celebrity Big Brother this month.

He explained: “I don’t like the show and I don’t like what they did. I hate talking about it.

“It gave me a platform, which is fine. But the way they did it was horrible.

“I wish I hadn’t let them take control of me. I couldn’t understand how it turned out like that.”

And he added: “My advice to would-be singers is not to go on it.”

The teenager finished as runner up in the Channel 5 series of Celebrity Big Brother on Friday night.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the...#ixzz1l2wupX2Q

Thread Information