Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verrucae

Verrucae

Hi everyone,

I have three verrucae, two on the sole of one foot and one of the side of a toe on the other and they won't blummin' budge. I've tried Boots freeze spray stuff and gel and Scholl disc things, both of which worked to an extent but didn't get rid of them completely and they've since come back stronger. The one that is concerning me most is on the heel of my foot, about half a cm across and very black in the middle. There's a hole in my foot!

Every time I go to the doctors I keep meaning to ask if they do cryotherapy but I keep forgetting Is there an over the counter treatment that works as well as what the doctor uses? I'm not due to see the doctor until next month and I don't want to make an appointment for a verruca when its difficult enough to get an appointment.

I got the first one on holiday in June 2008, the one on my toe appeared some time in the last year and the third came a few months ago so they're quite established little buggers that don't want to leave.

Any advice would be welcome, I'm fed up of them now.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I've got no advice, sorry, Abigail, but just wanted to commiserate and say I hope you find the info you need.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Abigail (04-12-2010)

Abigail, I would see the doctor about this, if over the counter stuff has not helped, are they painful? Never had one yet, touch wood

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Abigail (06-12-2010)

They're not painful, just annoying. I keep meaning to mention it every time I go but I forget I guess it will have to wait until January as I was only there on Monday and it's not life threatening. I'm sure there are people in more need of seeing a doctor than me.
    Thanks CrazyLea

You can get stuff from the chemist Abigail. Berruca that verruca it's called. It's expensive around £7. Better going to the doctor they can prescribe more effective and cheaper medication.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Abigail (06-12-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    You can get stuff from the chemist Abigail. Berruca that verruca it's called. It's expensive around £7. Better going to the doctor they can prescribe more effective and cheaper medication.
    that stuff is good but scholl does a spray that is fantastic.. again about 7 quid and you just spray it on...
    Super Mod

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Abigail (06-12-2010)

The simplest and most effective remedy is baked onion. Bake a small onion, remove the centre and put the onion on the verruca. Allow the onion to foment to your tolerance limit. Leave it in place overnight. Repeat each day for 3-5 days.
    Another good remedy is tincture of thuja, which you can buy from any healthfood store or homoeopathic chemist. Apply before going to bed. It will help to increase the acidity of the skin. Remember that for a healthy balance the skin needs to be acidic and the inside of the body slightly alkaline.
    Verrucas on the feet are particularly difficult to deal with because pressure is applied to them constantly. The only solution is to have a chiropodist remove the root.
    Hope the above helps

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Abigail (06-12-2010)

yuk... you feet would smell like onions
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post

I hadn't thought of Bazuka, I'll give it a try. I did a google and they do extra strength bazuka which is probably what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    that stuff is good but scholl does a spray that is fantastic.. again about 7 quid and you just spray it on...
    Is that an aerosol spray? I've tried one like that before and it worked but the verruca came back

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Hope the above helps

I think I may give that one a miss... I can't afford a chiropodist either.

I read about some people scraping them off with a razor blade and then I remembered seeing a corn and verruca tool in Boots which is like a Stanley knife. So last night I scraped the top of them off. They bled quite a bit but the top couple of layers which came off had the black bits in. I'm going to get some bazuka and put that on now that there isn't so much skin on top of the core.
    Thanks CrazyLea

This reminds me of evenings spent screaming on the bathroom floor whilst my mum tried to get the buggers out for months on end! I hope never to get one again! Good luck with getting yours sorted.

Thread Information