Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tommy Duckworth

Post Tommy Duckworth

Former Hollyoaks star Chris Fountain has been cast in Coronation Street, taking on the role of Tommy Duckworth.

Tommy - grandson of the late Jack and Vera and son of Terry - will make a shock return to the cobbles next March, more than ten years after he was last seen on screen.

As he arrives in Weatherfield, Tommy is in for a sad surprise as he is unaware of the fact that Jack has passed away.

According to the ITV soap's official website, Tommy has an eye for the ladies and soon finds himself accepted by the local community thanks to his "quick wit and easy charm".

Speaking of his new role, Fountain commented: "I'm delighted to be joining Coronation Street, especially as I'm playing a Duckworth. I'm looking forward to upholding one of the most celebrated names in soap. I can't wait to start filming in the New Year."

Meanwhile, Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson said: "I have long admired Chris, right back to his first appearance on our screens as a young boy in Red Production Company's Bob and Rose. He has the perfect balance of looks and charm and will, I am sure, create a brilliant successor to Jack. The ladies of Weatherfield had better watch out!"

Fountain will be the third actor to play the role of Tommy, following in the footsteps of Darryl Edwards and Joseph Aston, who portrayed the younger versions of the character.

Best known for appearing as Hollyoaks bad boy Justin Burton between 2003 and 2009, Fountain's other screen credits include Where The Heart Is, The Royal and Five Days.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-11-2010), tammyy2j (27-11-2010)

The latest head to play The Duckworth Kid

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-11-2010)

I can't believe little Tommy's all grown up already!

Not keen on Chris Fountain. Looks a bit old too for Tommy, but not sure how old he's supposed to be now? Doesn't seem long since he was just a little boy!

Tommy Duckworth would be 18 yrs old now. Chris Fountain is 23 in real life. Personally I would prefer to see Terry return. He would make a great double act with Traceyluv

He was a great actor in Hollyoaks and he is easy on the peepers also

Alright Alan. How long do you think it will take Kym Marsh to voice her opinion on Chris and how much she would like him as a toy boy for Michelle.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I can only assume Tyrone will be staying for the long haul then. I was worried he might leave after Molly goes, cos he doesnt have any family left on the street. I really like Tyrone, so hope he doesnt go. He probs will be central to Tommy finding out about Jack and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Alright Alan. How long do you think it will take Kym Marsh to voice her opinion on Chris and how much she would like him as a toy boy for Michelle.
    Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has welcomed the news that Chris Fountain is to join the soap's cast in the New Year.

Last month, it was announced that Fountain had been cast in the role of Jack Duckworth's grandson Tommy, who will turn up on the cobbles in March.

Writing in her New magazine column, Marsh confirmed that she already knows the star because of the work he did on Hollyoaks with her fiancé Jamie Lomas.

The actress - who plays Michelle Connor - commented: "We're all pleased to welcome Chris Fountain to Corrie."

She added: "Chris was great as Justin Burton in Hollyoaks and I'm sure he'll be equally successful on Corrie. Jamie knows him well, so I've met him many times - he's a really nice guy."

Tommy will be unaware of Jack's recent passing when he arrives on screen in 2011.

More ravings from the unashamed self publicist that is Kym Marsh

oh shut up woman!!! seriously.. is there anything Kym doesn't have an opinion on?
    Super Mod

Thread Information