Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2011 *** may contain spoiler*******

Zoe Ball is to take over from Claudia Winkleman as the host of BBC2's Strictly Come Dancing spin-off.

The former Strictly contestant and mother-of-two will take over fronting It Takes Two when the new series begins in the autumn.

Claudia, 39, had hosted the show - with behind the scenes interviews and gossip - since it began in 2004.

She is due to give birth to her third child weeks before the new series starts.

Zoe, 40, said: "I am quite literally beyond elation. There has been quite a hullabaloo at home with the news.

"I'm giddy with glee and I may even have slipped momentarily into a celebratory Cha Cha Cha, although technically not a very good one.

"Having been a contestant myself and having hosted the Strictly Come Dancing Tour, it would be fair to say I'm obsessed with the whole dance phenomenon.

"I love everything Strictly, from watching the partnerships blossom and bloom to the tricky footwork, the frocks and the shock exits, and of course the judges."

TV and radio presenter Zoe - who has two children with DJ husband Norman Cook, aka Fatboy Slim - competed in the show in 2005 with professional partner Ian Waite, coming third behind athlete Colin Jackson and cricketer Darren Gough.

totally the best choice
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

The final of this year's Strictly Come Dancing will air in 3D, it has been announced.

BBC bosses are hoping to beat The X Factor following its panel change by bringing the action from Blackpool Tower Ballroom "into" viewers' living rooms.

Wembley Arena has also been hired for one of the live shows, four weeks before The X Factor hosts its final there. Proceeds from the 6,500 tickets will go to Children In Need.

Host Sir Bruce Forsyth said: "I'm delighted that we will be going to Wembley for this year's Strictly. I've always said our live audiences should be bigger and you can't get bigger than Wembley.

"I'm a bit doubtful of being in 3D because I've never been in 3D before. I hope my chin doesn't knock people off their sofas at home."

Danny Cohen, controller of BBC One, added: "These two special moments will see the drama, excitement and tension both for our celebrities and our audience go up another level. I'm sure this year's celebrities and their partners will rise to the challenge and put on the show of their lives."

Pippa Middleton, Miriam O'Reilly and Nancy Dell'Olio have been linked to this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

Jason Donovan has reportedly signed up for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The singer, who recently welcomed his third child, will star in the dancing competition when it returns to BBC One next month.

An insider told The Sun: "Jason is a great signing for Strictly. He still has a lot of fans from his days on Neighbours and his pop career, as well as new fans from his stage shows."

The source added that he is also close friends with new X Factor judge Gary Barlow, "so it will be interesting to see how their rivalry plays out".

Meanwhile, it has been alleged that the celebrities signing up for the show will not be paid a set fee this year, but instead earn more the longer they stay on the show. Donovan will make up to £100,000 if he reaches the Strictly Come Dancing final.

Other stars expected to take part in this year's Strictly Come Dancing are Sven-Goran Eriksson's ex Nancy Dell'Olio, One Show host Alex Jones and TV astrologer Russell Grant - should he recover from his back injury in time.

Nice job if you can get it
    Last edited by Perdita; 13-08-2011 at 11:43.

I can't wait for Scrictly to come back,I miss Craig and Bruno.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

STRICTLY Come Dancing bosses are sexing up the show - by snaring Aussie stunner Holly Valance.
    The Kiss Kiss singer, 28, will perform on the BBC1 series next month.

And she could be paired with hot new Siberian pro dancer Pasha Kovalev - although billionaire property developer boyfriend Nick Candy may not be too happy. Her signing will set up a battle of ex-Neighbours stars, with fellow Aussie Jason Donovan, 43, also taking part.

Holly played Flick Scully from 1999 to 2002. Jason was in the soap as Scott Robinson between 1986 and 1989.

An insider said: "Producers are thrilled they have got Holly as she will really spice up the show.

"They are planning to pair her with a hot pro in the hope sparks will fly."

Holly's first single Kiss Kiss hit No 1 in the UK. She has appeared in big US dramas including CSI: Miami, Entourage and Prison Break.

Others set to feature on Strictly include Sven Goran Eriksson's ex Nancy Dell'Olio, former footballer Robbie Savage and astrologer Russell Grant. Ex-Deputy PM John Prescott had to say no because he was busy.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...e-Dancing.html

Strictly Come Dancing will not clash with The X Factor this year, Danny Cohen has said.

The BBC One controller has ruled out any overlap between the two Saturday night reality shows, reports The Guardian.

Cohen told this year's MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival: "I'm not massively interested whether we beat it or not."

There was an uproar from fans when the two shows went head-to-head in 2009 while Jay Hunt headed BBC One, with the ratings for both channels hurt in the process.

Following criticism from BBC Trust chairman Michael Lyons, BBC One aired Strictly in an earlier slot to avoid The X Factor.

However, until now, the BBC had refused to rule out any further clashes.

The reported lineup for this year's Strictly Come Dancing has been leaked to a newspaper.

Singer Lulu, Harry Judd from McFly and ex-Neighbours stars Jason Donovan and Holly Valance have all agreed to take part in the show, The Sun reports.

Other celebrities who have signed up for Strictly Come Dancing, which launches next Saturday, include Daybreak's sports presenter Dan Lobb, Waterloo Road actress Chelsee Healey and impressionist Rory Bremner.

Ex-EastEnders star Anita Dobson and Sven-Goran Eriksson's ex Nancy Dell'Olio have also joined the BBC One competition, as has astrologer Russell Grant after recovering from his back injury in time.

One Show presenter Alex Jones and former MP Edwina Currie complete the present lineup, with bosses still looking for two male stars to make the number of celebrities up to 14. Former boxer Audley Harrison is said to be one of the males in the running.

Judd won a Strictly Come Dancing Children In Need special last year with one of the show's professional dancers Ola Jordan. Producers are apparently considering pairing the couple again.

Speaking of the lineup, a source said: "Lulu is lots of fun and will bring in viewers who remember her from the Sixties - but also younger fans who know her from her duet with Take That on 'Relight My Fire'. Harry will tick the heartthrob box."

The BBC will officially confirm the Strictly Come Dancing lineup on The One Show on Tuesday.

Dolly Parton will perform on the series premiere of Strictly Come Dancing, which will not clash with The X Factor this year.

The list of stars taking part in the ninth series of Strictly Come Dancing has been confirmed by the BBC.

Lulu, Jason Donovan and Holly Valance are among the celebrities who will be taking to the dancefloor in the coming weeks.

They will be joined by Waterloo Road star Chelsee Healey, comedian Rory Bremner and McFly member Harry Judd.

Other stars taking part in the competition include actress Anita Dobson, Nancy Dell'Olio, astrologer Russell Grant, TV presenter Daniel Lobb, former MP Edwina Currie and boxer Audley Harrison.

Completing the lineup are One Show host Alex Jones and former footballer Robbie Savage.

Returning to host the show are Sir Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly, while Claudia Winkleman will be back for the Sunday night results programme.

Meanwhile, the judging panel remains the same, with Len Goodman, Alesha Dixon, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli all coming back to judge the celebrities.

This year's series of Strictly Come Dancing will include a live special from Wembley Arena in aid of Children In Need, while the finale will be broadcast in 3D from Blackpool's Tower Ballroom.

The Strictly Come Dancing hopefuls will find out who they'll be dancing with in the red carpet launch show, which will air on Saturday at 6.10pm on BBC One.

just to say, my SCD blog i write with my friend is back!
    Last edited by LostVoodoo; 07-09-2011 at 21:51.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information