Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2011 *** may contain spoiler*******

Strictly Come Dancing 2011 *** may contain spoiler*******

Barbara Windsor has admitted that she would consider an offer to appear on Strictly Come Dancing next year.

The former EastEnders actress, who is preparing to appear in panto this Christmas, told BBC's Breakfast programme that she had been invited to compete in the dancing series before.

"They've asked me several times," the 73-year-old revealed.

On whether she would follow her former co-stars including Scott Maslen and Kara Tointon onto the dancefloor, she added: "Maybe next year."

Alan get your tickets booked for next year.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (26-11-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Alan get your tickets booked for next year.
    He could be her dance partner and drag her around like Anton and Anne

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (27-11-2010)

I'lll give 10 for a Tango.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

THE One Show's Alex Jones is the first celebrity booked to appear on this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Welsh lass, 33, has wowed BBC bigwigs after replacing Christine Bleakley.

Now they want Alex to follow in her footsteps by raising her profile on Strictly.

A source said Alex's handling of co-host Jason Manford's sex-scandal resignation had won her admirers.

The insider said: "Alex has been a dream come true for The One Show.

"She held the whole thing together and everyone's grateful.

"Bosses think it's her time to shine."

The Sun

Anita Dobson has revealed that she has been approached to star on Strictly Come Dancing.

The actress, who portrayed EastEnders character Angie Watts, told the PA that she has not taken up the offer due to a fear of facing the judges.

Dobson explained: "I've been asked twice, but I don't want to go in front of the judges.

"I love dancing and I'd never say never, but I don't want all the pressure of being told that you're not doing very well and people don't like you! It becomes too personal."

She added: "If I could do it as a character, I'd do it in a nanosecond, but with Strictly, it's you under the spotlight, and I'm very private."

We usually get an Eastenders and ex Corrie star. Will be exciting to see who come out the woodwork this year.

QUIZ show host Chris Tarrant is being head-hunted for this year's Strictly Come Dancing.
    BBC1 producers would love to see the 64-year-old spray-tanned and poured into pink lycra in time for the September launch.

A source told TV Biz that the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? star would be "absolutely fabulous".

The source added: "He loves a laugh but he's full of opinions. He's top of the wish list and he's keen. Bosses want pretty actresses like last year's champion Kara Tointon, but it's characters like Chris who really make it."

Gorgeous Brit skier Chemmy Alcott, 28, is also on the verge of signing up after her Strictly dancer pal Brendan Cole put in a good word.

Chemmy is still on crutches after an 80mph skiing accident in December. But she's keen to get fit for Strictly and is eyeing a TV career.

Robbie Savage is rumoured to have been approached to be a contestant in this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Welsh ex-footballer is reportedly a big fan of the series, and is hoping to be the first footballer to be crowned champion, according to the News of the World.

A source close to Savage said: "He wants to be the first footballer to win Strictly and nothing is going to stop him."

A BBC insider added: "Robbie is exactly what we want for Strictly – someone who will make waves.

"Every football fan in the country is going to want to see how ridiculous he looks wearing tight lycra and sequined outfits."

Savage co-hosts BBC Radio 5 Live's 606 show, and was awarded the Sony Radio Academy 'Rising Star' Award for his work in May. The award was chosen by members of the public.

Sir Geoff Hurst is another former footballer who has been tipped to appear in this year's series on BBC One.

Pippa Middleton is reportedly being targeted by Strictly Come Dancing bosses who want to sign her up for the next series.

The younger sister of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge hit the headlines around the world when she served as maid of honour at the royal wedding in April.

According to The Sun, the BBC believe Middleton could help the show take on ITV's The X Factor in the ratings battle between the two.

"Pippa has become almost as famous as Kate since the wedding. It would be a huge coup to get her and give the show global appeal," a source told the paper.

A friend of the 27-year-old commented: "She's a bit overwhelmed by all the attention and considering her next move very carefully.

"She is conscious that her sister is going to be Queen one day and is determined not to do anything embarrassing."

The insider added: "But she loves Strictly and if she was sure her appearance would be handled correctly she'd be keen to slip into sequins."

Anita Dobson, Sir Geoff Hurst and Welsh footballer Robbie Savage are among the celebrities who have been tipped to compete in the new series.

Thread Information