Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2011 *** may contain spoiler*******

Anita Dobson has returned to the set of EastEnders with her Strictly Come Dancing partner Robin Windsor.

Dobson headed back to Albert Square, where she famously played Angie Watts between 1985 and 1988, to try and find a "steeliness" that her soap character used to display regularly.

The actress and Windsor were in the bottom two last week, despite a strong Argentine tango performance, and are the bookmakers' favourites for the chop at this weekend's Wembley shows.

Speaking about her return to the EastEnders set, Dobson said: "It was such a nice experience. Very comforting... it felt a bit like going back to a place where I used to live!"

Strictly airs on Saturday (November 19) at 6.55pm on BBC One.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Perdita; 20-11-2011 at 20:12.

Russell Grant has become the seventh celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

The celebrity astrologer and his professional partner Flavia Cacace were eliminated following yesterday's live Wembley Arena special.

Grant landed in the bottom two alongside Holly Valance and a returning Artem Chigvintsev, who was absent from the show last week after suffering a spinal injury in training.

Speaking to hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman following his axing, Grant commented: "Every show I've done has been a highlight, it's been fantastic. The public have been great, the audiences have been great. I've learnt from the judges, I've listened to the judges… but most of all I've had the most fantastic partner in Flavia."

Cacace added: "I completely agree with everyone out there who absolutely loves you because you are a true inspiration. It has been an absolute pleasure and joy partnering you."

60-year-old Grant has been plagued with injury during his appearance on the show and recently underwent keyhole surgery to correct a knee issue.

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday (November 26) at 7pm on BBC One.

EastEnders star Charlie Brooks has reportedly signed up for this year's Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special.

The actress, who plays Janine Butcher in the BBC soap, is said to be progressing well in rehearsals with her mystery professional partner.

According to sources, Brooks has always been interested in participating in Strictly, but could not find time for a regular series.

"She loves Strictly but hasn't been able to commit to a full series as she's had such great storylines in EastEnders," an insider told The Sun. "So this is just perfect for her."

Torchwood actor John Barrowman won the 2010 Strictly Christmas special with his partner Kristina Rihanoff.

Fern Britton and EastEnders legend June Brown (Dot Cotton) were among the other celebrities competing in the festive edition.

Strictly’s Brendan Cole to Anita Dobson’s rescue

BRENDAN COLE will be a Strictly supersub again this weekend — as partner for Anita Dobson.

The Kiwi — who recently filled in for Artem Chigvintsev with Holly Valance after the Russian hurt his back — will replace crocked Robin Windsor.

The dancer has pulled out after his foot became infected and he was prescribed antibiotics and told to rest.

A source said: "Robin is not exactly at death's door but he has got a dodgy foot so it's only fair that Anita has a fully functioning partner this weekend.

"He's on antibiotics and should be as right as rain for the week after — assuming Anita stays in."

Brendan has been at a loose end since his own celebrity partner, Lulu, was given the shove.

He said: "I'm chuffed that Artem, and now Robin, trust me enough to ask me to step in.

"I'm excited to be working with Anita and I will be doing my utmost to get her through to next week." source: The Sun
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Strictly Come Dancing's Christmas lineup has been revealed.

EastEnders actress Charlie Brooks, who plays Janine Butcher in the Albert Square soap, is to partner Vincent Simone, while Hi-De-Hi star Su Pollard will pair up with professional dancer Anton Du Beke.

Brooks commented: "I'm a massive fan of the series and there's no way my daughter would have let me turn down such an amazing opportunity to be on the show. I love to be challenged and I'm really looking forward to taking to the dance floor with Vincent."

Pollard said: "Strictly Come Dancing is strictly must-see Christmas Day television. I'm hoping to wow the judges and the viewers with my utter exuberance and prowess!"

Debra Stephenson, formerly of Bad Girls, will take to the floor with Ian Waite, while Blue's Simon Webbe teams up with Katya Virshilas, and former boxer Barry McGuigan joins Erin Boag.

Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly host the festive special, which is expected to air on Christmas Day on BBC One.

Torchwood actor John Barrowman won the 2010 Strictly Christmas special with his partner Kristina Rihanoff.

Yes Iain Waite is back looking forward to seeing Barry McGugan as well.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Anita Dobson has become the eighth celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

The EastEnders actress lost out on a place in the semi-finals of the BBC contest after falling into the bottom two with Holly Valance and Artem Chigvintsev.

Dobson danced the cha cha cha with Strictly professional Brendan Cole after her regular partner Robin Windsor was forced out with a foot infection.

On her absent companion, Dobson said: "He made this the most humourous, enjoyable, fun, wonderful learning experience you could ever imagine. Thank you so much."

She added to hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman: "Can I just say thank you to Brendan too, because without him I wouldn't have done this week… thank you."

Before taking her final dance, Dobson was surprised by a phone call from Windsor himself, who described the 62-year-old as "absolutely incredible".

"It has been a pleasure to work with you," he continued. "You have been one of the most enthusiastic and hard-working people I've ever, ever, ever met. I'm going to miss you dearly."

It has been announced that next week's semi-final will have a 'movie night' theme.

Strictly Come Dancing returns Saturday, December 3 at 7pm on BBC One.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (27-11-2011)

I though she had a chance of winning. I adored her!

I liked Anita. She was very good for her age.
    Robbie should have gone, he is funny but useless, He should have improved a bit more by now.
    Weak links now for me, are Robbie, and her off the one show,
    Finalist Chelsee and Judd.
    M C F C

I agree, Layla, Robbie is the weakest dancer now.
    A final with Chelsee and Harry would be great, I like both of them
    I am watching both SCD and X Factor now.
    SCD is great because it makes you smile.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Thread Information