Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Love Triangle (Carl/Mercedes/Riley)

FOOTBALL star Riley Costello leaves little to the imagination on his stag do.

Here’s a peek at next week’s saucy Hollyoaks spin-off show which follows Riley and his pals as he celebrates his last days as a single man.

As this picture shows, Riley (Rob Norbury, 28) seems happy to get into the spirit of things by wearing a Borat-style mankini.

But we reckon his sexy bride-to-be Mercedes McQueen (Jennifer Metcalfe, 27) won’t be too happy.

Daily Star
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hollyoaks bosses have released a brilliant new trailer promoting Mercedes and Riley's forthcoming wedding.

The big day is sure to be a nerve-wracking one for Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) as so many guests know the secret of her affair with Riley's (Rob Norbury) dad Carl - and the truth will be revealed if scheming couple Mitzeee and Warren have anything to do with it…

Serial killer Silas (Jeff Rawle) will also be present for the ceremony and plays his own sinister role in the advert. Could he be planning his next murderous move?

Hollyoaks' wedding week begins on Monday, October 17 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Hollyoaks bosses have released a brilliant new trailer promoting Mercedes and Riley's forthcoming wedding.

The big day is sure to be a nerve-wracking one for Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) as so many guests know the secret of her affair with Riley's (Rob Norbury) dad Carl - and the truth will be revealed if scheming couple Mitzeee and Warren have anything to do with it…

Serial killer Silas (Jeff Rawle) will also be present for the ceremony and plays his own sinister role in the advert. Could he be planning his next murderous move?

Hollyoaks' wedding week begins on Monday, October 17 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Hollyoaks bosses have today released a new promotional shot for Mercedes and Riley's forthcoming wedding, which arrives on screen later this month.

Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) has a turbulent time ahead in the build-up to the ceremony as scheming couple Warren (Jamie Lomas) and Mitzeee (Rachel Shenton) start blackmailing her and Carl over their affair, threatening to reveal all on the big day unless they hand over £50,000.

Riley's brother Seth (Miles Higson) and Mercedes's sister Jacqui (Claire Cooper) are also aware of the pair's secret and may have their own reasons for wanting the truth to come out over Carl's betrayal of his son.

Doug (PJ Brennan) is also keen to reveal all to Riley (Rob Norbury) in a bid to put a stop to Warren's vengeful blackmail, but with the village bad boy threatening him, he faces a difficult decision over what to do next.

From left to right: Jacqui (Claire Cooper), Seth (Miles Higson), Carl (Paul Opacic), Riley (Rob Norbury), Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe), Warren (Jamie Lomas), Mitzeee (Rachel Shenton), Doug (PJ Brennan).

With so many guests knowing Mercedes and Carl's dirty secret, the atmosphere will be tense as their affair storyline reaches its climax.

Will Carl (Paul Opacic) find the guilt too much and spill the beans? Could Mitzeee and Warren get their revenge and publicly destroy the Costello clan? Might Seth, Doug or Jacqui reveal the truth? Or will Mercedes and Riley defy the odds and actually get a happy ending?

Hollyoaks airs the compelling build-up to the ceremony in next week's episodes, while the ceremony itself airs on Monday, October 17 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

In the meantime, fans of the soap are currently discussing the upcoming event on Twitter with the hashtag #WAGWedding.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hollyoaks star Jennifer Metcalfe has promised that viewers will be impressed by the drama surrounding her character's wedding day.

Mercedes prepares to tie the knot with Riley Costello (Rob Norbury) next week, but the wannabe WAG could have trouble ahead as she continues to harbour the secret that she cheated on the young footballer with his dad Carl (Paul Opacic).

Warren, Mitzeee, Seth, Jacqui and Doug are among the show regulars who know the truth, and all have their own reasons for wanting to reveal all. However, Hollyoaks bosses are currently keeping tight-lipped over exactly what happens at the ceremony.

Metcalfe told All About Soap of the storyline: "There are six or seven people who know the whole truth and any one of them could spill the beans at any time. She's really walking on eggshells - she loves Riley and wants to marry him."

She continued: "When the wedding day finally arrives, it definitely doesn't run smoothly at all. There are going to be huge repercussions from the day - in fact, my next few months of storylines all stem from the wedding.

"I can't say too much, but it's about to get even more exciting. The writers have definitely come up with the goods."

Hollyoaks airs its WAG wedding on Monday, October 17 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Hollyoaks is about to air one of its most highly-anticipated episodes of the year as Riley Costello and Mercedes McQueen's wedding day finally arrives.

In the build-up to the big event, viewers have seen lies, deceit and blackmail revolving around Mercedes's affair with Riley's dad Carl, and with a number of characters threatening to expose the shocking secret at the ceremony, there could be fireworks ahead.

Here, actor Rob Norbury - who plays Riley - chats to Digital Spy about the wedding drama in store.

What was it like to film the big wedding episode?
    "It was really good. It sounds odd, but sometimes we don't get many scenes where it's all of the Costellos together - there's often scenes where we're split up, or there's just two or three of us together. So for the wedding, it was nice for us to all come together and enjoy the big day!"

In the build-up to the wedding, we've seen lots of lies and secrecy involving many of Riley's loved ones. Does he have any suspicions that something isn't quite right?
    "To be honest, I think Riley is wrapped up in his own issues at the moment. He's focusing on whether Jason will go to the wedding, he's had a showdown with Mitzeee, as well as all of the organisation and plans involved. Riley's excited, he's trying to enjoy it and be an adult about it. He's a bit too busy to spot anything suspicious!"

As Riley is only 19, how strong do you think his feelings for Mercedes are?
    "I think while he's been caught up in all of this, his feelings have been very strong. He loves her to bits and he thinks that she's everything. But at the same time, with Riley being so young, there may be a degree of it just being puppy love.

"If the truth did come out about Mercedes and Carl, when all's said and done, the hurt would probably stem more from the deceit and the fact that his dad was involved, rather than Mercedes being the love of his life."

Hollyoaks fans have been looking forward to the wedding for some time. Do you think it'll be worth the wait?
    "In my eyes, it was definitely worth the wait. Being part of a soap wedding is a big thing, and everyone at work has been really excited and positive about these episodes. Hopefully they should be good!"

We've always seen Riley as a nice guy. Could that change if the truth comes out at the wedding?
    "Yeah, I think if anyone ever found out a secret like this, it would be very difficult for them to stay calm, nice and quiet! On the whole, Riley has been quite a nice, calm and laid-back guy - he's very relaxed and just happy to go with the flow most of the time. But if he does find out the truth, I think it could be one of the first times that we see Riley really lose it."

Do you think the fact that so many people know the secret is worse than the betrayal itself?
    "Well, the fact that so many people know is really embarrassing. That would have to be a real sore point for anybody in a situation like this! It's hard to deal with this kind of thing at the best of times, but with everybody knowing about it, that makes it a lot more embarrassing."

You've said in the past that you really enjoy working with Jen Metcalfe, so whatever happens, are you hoping you'll continue to share scenes together?
    "Working with Jen has definitely been great because she's just spot on. It's great to work with somebody who cares about the job and wants to do their best. After so many years here, she definitely knows what she's doing and she's amazing.

"It'd be nice to keep working with Jen, but at the same time, it's always great to keep things fresh and work with new people. That can often bring out new sides in a character. Sometimes if you work too much with one person, it can become a bit stagnant, but if things get mixed up it can make it more exciting for the viewers."

There's a great advert airing on Channel 4 and E4 at the moment for the wedding. What was that like to film?
    "It was really good! If you look at the spoiler pictures, you'll see that the real wedding is quite a light and bright affair, so then to film that advert in pitch black with everything so dark and moody was a bit mental but really fun. We all had to try hard to keep happy, because it all felt a bit miserable!"

In Hollyoaks Later, we saw that there's a spark between Riley and Mitzeee. What do you think their feelings are for each other?
    "I don't think either of them know, to be honest! We'll have to wait and see. Maybe there is something there between them, but I don't think either of them are ready to admit it at the moment and I don't know what circumstances would arise where they would ever admit it! Who knows?"

Warren Fox has caused a lot of trouble for Riley, but in real life, will you be sad to see Jamie Lomas leave the show?
    "Oh yeah, I'll be gutted to see Jay go. We've done quite a lot of scenes together, especially recently with the late-night episodes. We've got quite similar interests, too. Jamie has obviously made Warren into a big character - they brought him back from the dead, so he must have been doing something right!

"With Victoria Atkin leaving too, that's two people who I've worked with quite closely who are leaving. But they both want to go on and do different things, which I can completely understand."

Are you excited about what's in store for the Silas storyline over the next few weeks?
    "Definitely. Watching Jeff Rawle is great at any time, so it'll be interesting to see what's in store. Hopefully I'll have a little part in it at some point. Whenever that storyline comes to a head, I'm sure it'll be amazing."

Miles Higson, who plays Seth, had a lot of praise for his scenes in Hollyoaks Later this year. Were you proud of him?
    "Definitely. For me, Miles was the stand-out in the late-night episodes this year. He was unbelievable. I told him at the time, when we were filming it, that he was killing it and then I sent him a little text to tell him again when I saw it on screen. Especially because he's a young lad, I thought it was important to make sure he knew how good it was.

"The storyline Miles did was a really tough one to film because when you're 18 years old, you haven't been through the traumas that were happening there. I thought Miles did an absolutely fantastic job."

Is it nice to have some more new faces on set at the moment?
    "It is, and they've all settled in really well. We've all been out for a few drinks and a few meals together. I've been watching the new characters' scenes on telly and it all looks really good. I think the public will love them and it's always nice when new people come in because it keeps the show fresh and exciting."

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s13/h...s-big-day.html

Hollyoaks star Rob Norbury has admitted that he is often affected by his dark storylines.

The actor, who plays footballer Riley Costello in the Channel 4 soap, has filmed several emotional storylines since joining the show, including those with unfaithful Mercedes and his killer grandfather Silas.

"It does affect you a little bit and you feel like, 'Flippin' eck, I feel a bit morbid', but then you see your mates and have a bit of a laugh and you're fine about it," he told MSN. "They're usually the ones to give you a ribbing about it. I take a lot of abuse for crying on telly, but I can deal with it."

Norbury revealed that Riley's break-up scenes after discovering Mercedes had slept with his dad Carl were the most difficult to film.

"The relationship breaking down and it coming out about the affair and stuff was probably a bit tough because obviously everyone's been in the situation where they've probably been on the end of something like that and obviously you have to use your own experiences to draw on," he said. "That was quite tough at times."

However, he added that he is good friends with Jennifer Metcalfe, who plays Mercedes, in real life.

"We have a laugh in between it all," he confessed. "She's usually messing around somewhere or half asleep! I'm the geek one, I'll be like, 'What are we going to do about this?' And she's like, 'Don't worry about it Rob, I've got it sorted'."

Hollyoaks star Rob Norbury has claimed that his on-screen grandfather Jeff Rawle is a hit with the ladies.

Rawle joined his former soap colleagues on a night out recently and was apparently surrounded by women who wanted to meet the man behind evil Silas Blissett.

Norbury, who plays footballer Riley Costello, told PA: "He came out for a night out with us in Liverpool and he got mobbed. I was getting a bit jealous. All these hot blondes were coming up to him. I was like, 'I'm not happy here'.

"He's a bit of a pin-up, forget all those Dirty Dens and all that."

He continued: "He'll be up for a sexiest male nomination. He can have my longlist nomination because I won't be getting on it, you can put Jeff Rawle up. I think he'll win it!"

Hollyoaks brought the Silas storyline to a close earlier this month after he was finally exposed as the village's serial killer.

Silas was caught after accidentally killing his own daughter Heidi Costello (Kim Tiddy), his fourth murder since joining the show.

Hollyoaks star Jennifer Metcalfe has admitted that she is glad to see Mercedes McQueen sticking to her wild ways following the tumultuous events of 2011.

Mercedes was jilted by fiancé Riley Costello (Rob Norbury) last year after she confessed to her affair with his dad Carl (Paul Opacic). She was then held captive by serial killer Silas Blissett (Jeff Rawle).

Since letting Riley leave the village with their baby son Bobby, Mercedes has faced temptation after Doctor Browning offered her money to sleep with him.

Metcalfe told OK Extra of the new storyline: "It was refreshing and brilliant to go back to how Mercedes was when I first joined the show. It was good to put the Silas kidnap storyline and everything else that's happened behind her, but there are still moments where she flicks back to being quite depressed."

"The sky's the limit for her," she continued. "Whatever she does that's bad, she manages to justify in her head. She doesn't have much self-worth and she knows what she's like."

The 28-year-old added that she is pleased Mercedes did not secure a stable future with Riley and their young son.

Metcalfe said: "She's tried but it's just not her. She's at her best when she's free and single, so I wish she would be happy just doing that. It would have been nice if she'd settled down with Riley, but being nice is really boring! I like her the way she is."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4 with a first look screening at 7pm on E4

Hollyoaks star Rob Norbury has revealed that his character Riley Costello does not rule out a reunion with ex-fiancée Mercedes McQueen when he returns to the village.

Riley has been away in Leeds since New Year's Eve, when he left Chester for a fresh start with his baby son Bobby and brother Seth.

However, Riley makes a comeback later this month after Mercy's sister Jacqui (Claire Cooper) gets in touch with him, revealing how much his ex has been struggling in his absence.

Mercy (Jennifer Metcalfe) is delighted by Riley's return and later begs him to take her back, wanting him to forgive her affair with his dad Carl.

Norbury told All About Soap of Riley's reaction: "It's tough - this is someone he gave up his life for and wanted to marry. He's fathered a child with her, but things have changed. He's definitely got a lot of thinking to do.

"It's a big ask - he could maybe forgive, but he'll never forget. He's doing okay on his own, he's come back stronger, but he isn't totally against getting back with Mercedes. He just wonders if he's actually considering it for the right reasons."

Discussing how Riley has changed, the actor said: "Taking care of a baby on his own isn't easy, but it's been rewarding. It's made him grow up a bit and helped take his mind off things. It's probably a blessing in disguise."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4 with a first look screening at 7pm on E4.

Thread Information