Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love Triangle (Carl/Mercedes/Riley)

Love Triangle (Carl/Mercedes/Riley)

Mercedes Fisher wont be grieving for dead husband Malachy too long as she embarks on a new romance with Riley Costello and also his father Carl.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (25-11-2010)

Hollyoaks star Jennifer Metcalfe has explained why her character Mercedes Fisher begins a romance with Riley Costello in a forthcoming storyline.

As revealed over the weekend, Mercedes will soon share a kiss with Riley (Rob Norbury) in The Dog - just days after the tragic death of her husband Malachy.

Speaking to Soaplife about her character's surprise decision, Metcalfe explained: "Mercedes is just being Mercedes. She figures there's nothing she can do, there's no point moping. She has to just get on with her life."

She continued: "He's giving her attention when she needs it most."

In a further twist, sexual tension will also develop between Mercedes and Carl Costello (Paul Opacic) after he warns her to stay away from his son.

Metcalfe added: "Mercedes asks Carl what he'll do if she doesn't stay away from Riley - sleep with her himself? She really says it to wind him up but it turns out she's hit a nerve. It's obvious he's tempted."

Reports suggest that subsequent scenes involving the trio will see a love triangle storyline develop on the soap.

Rob Norbury has admitted that he is eager for his Hollyoaks character Riley Costello to discover the truth about his father Carl's betrayal.

Carl (Paul Opacic) has enjoyed an on-off affair with Riley's fiancée Mercedes Fisher (Jennifer Metcalfe) in recent months, always managing to keep their secret liaisons under wraps.

However, Norbury told Soaplife that he is looking forward to the fireworks that would occur in the village if Riley ever found out about the pair's infidelity.

Asked how Riley would feel, Norbury replied: "Devastated! A father shouldn't do that to his son. He'd blame his dad."

He continued: "Riley is too nice for his own good and I can see him forgiving both of them in the long run. I can't wait for the truth to come out. It's going to be explosive when it happens."

In the meantime, Riley will soon have an infidelity plotline of his own when villain Warren Fox (Jamie Lomas) plots to destroy his romance with Mercedes by setting him up with a glamorous blonde named Alex. However, how far the pair will go is currently unclear.

Norbury said: "She catches him off-guard. She's gorgeous and very forward. She puts herself on a plate for Riley and they kiss. He has no idea Warren's paid her to spend the night with him."

Mercedes tells Seth she is pregnant but is she really and if so is it Riley or Carl who is the daddy

Whaaaa?!

Rob Norbury interview

© Lime Pictures
    After a year on Hollyoaks, naïve footballer Riley Costello is currently one of the soap's most central characters thanks to his family's ownership of The Dog In The Pond and his engagement to love cheat Mercedes McQueen, who has betrayed him in the most humiliating way possible by enjoying an on-off fling with his dad Carl. On set at the Hollyoaks Music Show, Digital Spy recently caught up with Rob Norbury, who plays Riley, for his thoughts on his current storylines.

How have you found your time at Hollyoaks so far?
    "It's been brilliant. The first few months were a bit tough because we did the late-night episodes, which took us away from set for about three months, and then after that things went quite quiet for a bit. So the first six months flew by without me feeling like I was here! But then the last six months have been brilliant. I've really been enjoying the stuff with Jen Metcalfe that I've been doing over the past six or seven months - it's all been brilliant. And now it's onwards and upwards - it's summertime and we're doing Hollyoaks Later again! You've got plenty of shocks coming, I can tell you that!"

Do you think Riley is the type of character who would forgive Mercedes even if he found out what she's been up to?
    "I hope not! I hope that when the truth comes out, he'll man up. When he finds out what's going on, it's going to be on a whole new level from anything else that we've done. What Mercedes has done isn't a one-night stand or something that could be forgiven as a mistake - it's been an ongoing thing, it's the ultimate betrayal and the fact that other people know means that it's total humiliation. I hoping that we see how Riley copes away from Mercedes, rather than them sticking together."

We've never seen Riley play football on screen - do you have any skills in real life?
    "I'm actually alright - I can hold my own. I play some charity football games with the lads here and I'm alright, but I don't think I was ever going pro! I reckon I could blag it if I needed to for a Hollyoaks scene."

A while back, Riley started to suspect that something was amiss with his killer grandfather Silas! Have his suspicions gone now?
    "I don't think they'd ever completely go! I think everything that happened shook him up a bit, so in the end, he apologised to appease the situation. Now it's probably at the back of his mind, because obviously there's the baby to think about, he's engaged to be married, and he's also concentrating on his football career. It hasn't affected him recently, but I don't think those suspicions will ever fully go away."

Out of the new families that have come into Hollyoaks in the past year, the Costellos have probably been the most successful. What do you think is the secret behind that?
    "I think it's been a good mix. Obviously Paul [Opacic] and Kim [Tiddy] have been there, done it and got all the T-shirts - they're amazing. Victoria [Atkin] has nailed it with her big storyline and done really well, and then I think me and Miles [Higson] bring a bit of northern humour to it! Well, we try! Miles isn't a bad-looking boy either and I think he's got a few fans out there. It can take a while in soaps for viewers to start liking new characters, but I think we've got quite a nice family set-up and we came in with a bang as we had a proper story."

We've seen quite a lot of Riley at the lads' flat recently, so are you enjoying that different dynamic?
    "Yeah! I was speaking to our producer Gareth recently and I told him that I'd love to do more of that. PJ Brennan, who plays Doug, is unbelievable - it's like watching film when you watch his scenes back. Craig Vye, who plays Ethan, also holds his own with a bit of southern banter! I've also done some good stuff with Sunny, who plays Jamil. I think it's a good dynamic - when we see Riley with characters like Mercedes and Warren, it's almost like they're above him, but he likes to think he's the top dog with the lads!"

Would you like to do more comedy scenes?
    "Yeah, I would. I was gutted when I heard that Alex Carter was leaving - I've worked here for a year and I've only ever done one scene with him. It would have been great to have done more with Alex. But I think there's enough characters there for him to have a laugh and be a bit more daft with. I certainly don't mind looking stupid!"

We also noticed a little spark between Riley and Lynsey during the Silas week - could that be explored further?
    "Well, Riley has got a lot of big storylines coming up as he's engaged, so I went up to talk to Gareth recently about the wedding. But we did also speak about how there was a connection with Lynsey! The stuff I did with Karen Hassan was amazing and I loved it. I spent three weeks working with Karen and Jeff, who plays Silas, and it was unbelievable. You can learn everything from Jeff - he's been there, done it and he knows everyone! I'm hoping there's some more stuff coming up with Riley and Lynsey, even if it's not in a romantic storyline. I've still only worked with a limited number of people, so it's always great to work with somebody new."
    Last edited by alan45; 15-07-2011 at 02:24.

Quote Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
    Whaaaa?!
    Mercedes really is pregnant now and dont who the daddy is?

Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe has revealed that she doesn't enjoy wearing a pretend baby bump on the show.

The star's character Mercedes Fisher is currently expecting her first child on the soap, but the actress insisted that she isn't feeling broody in real life with her French boyfriend Sylvain Longchambon.

"I do want kids one day, I absolutely love them, but playing a pregnant character doesn't make me broody," she told Reveal. "It just makes me sweaty having that bump on!

"It's very weird. I've got to wear this big ball around my tummy, and it's so hot and rubbery that it sticks to your skin.

"People catch me rubbing my tummy, but I'm not broody at all - it's just because it's so uncomfortable."

Metcalfe also recalled in the interview how she started her career as a child actor until opportunities dwindled. She returned to acting after working at a local gym.

"It was a nine to five job selling memberships and I just realised it wasn't doing anything for me. So I got an agent and decided to get back into acting," she said. "It was very difficult starting at 21 because I'd been out of the business for a while.

"Eventually I was put forward for Hollyoaks, but I had to go back eight times before they offered me the role. I'm proud I dug myself out of somewhere I wasn't happy."

Metcalfe recently revealed that she only now feels completely comfortable with her body.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe has revealed that she doesn't enjoy wearing a pretend baby bump on the show.

The star's character Mercedes Fisher is currently expecting her first child on the soap, but the actress insisted that she isn't feeling broody in real life with her French boyfriend Sylvain Longchambon.

"I do want kids one day, I absolutely love them, but playing a pregnant character doesn't make me broody," she told Reveal. "It just makes me sweaty having that bump on!

"It's very weird. I've got to wear this big ball around my tummy, and it's so hot and rubbery that it sticks to your skin.

"People catch me rubbing my tummy, but I'm not broody at all - it's just because it's so uncomfortable."

Metcalfe also recalled in the interview how she started her career as a child actor until opportunities dwindled. She returned to acting after working at a local gym.

"It was a nine to five job selling memberships and I just realised it wasn't doing anything for me. So I got an agent and decided to get back into acting," she said. "It was very difficult starting at 21 because I'd been out of the business for a while.

"Eventually I was put forward for Hollyoaks, but I had to go back eight times before they offered me the role. I'm proud I dug myself out of somewhere I wasn't happy."

Metcalfe recently revealed that she only now feels completely comfortable with her body.
    She was pregnant also by Tony but had an abortion

Hollyoaks stars Rob Norbury and Rachel Shenton have revealed that there are "fireworks" in store for their characters.

The actors, who play Riley and Mitzeee in the Channel 4 soap, said that the pair become closer when Mitzeee gatecrashes Riley's upcoming stag do in Wales after being kicked out of Mercedes's Ibiza hen party.

Norbury told OK! magazine: "Mercedes and Riley go on their stag and hen parties. Then Mitzeee turns up - she's going out with Warren, so she says it's to keep an eye on him - but she's got her eye on me! And I don't think Riley's too upset about that!"

Shenton said: "Mitzeee's had a bit of a falling out with Mercedes, she gets thrown off the Ibiza hen party. So she goes full steam ahead and crashes the stag party - with a full suitcase! There are a few fireworks between the two of us but nothing physical happens. There's a lot of tension - all up close and personal - but no actual contact.

"It builds up, and just as you think there's something going to happen, a few intervening factors start to find their way through - and we're left wondering, maybe there is a chance for it to be reconciled."

Norbury also revealed that Hollyoaks Later will be more risque than the regular show, saying: "You see too much of my backside! There's a scene where I'm wearing one of those green Borat-style, all-in-one swimming costumes. It's a dare. I wouldn't pick them out as my favourite scenes to do, but as long as you're not that bothered, they're okay!"

Shenton and Norbury recently revealed that they were "petrified" while filming stunt scenes in which Mitzeee almost drowns.
    Last edited by alan45; 31-08-2011 at 05:14.

Thread Information