Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Foster

NEW Underworld knicker factory client Frank Foster (The Bill's Andrew Lancel) has his head turned by Michelle Connor, whose boyfriend Ciaran McCarthy has left the Street for a new job.

An insider said: "Michelle and Ciaran have promised each other they'll keep their relationship going. But with a lot of lonely nights ahead of her, will Michelle, payed by Kym Marsh, succumb to Frank's charms?"

Meanwhile, Maria is about to fall for another bad boy as she and Chris get closer. But is he over his ex Cheryl - or is Maria heading for heartbreak?

Tracy is keen to make up lost time and bag a fella. Nick is in the firing line - but does Tracy really want Steve?

VULNERABLE Corrie crimper Maria Connor will be sexually attacked by newcomer Frank Foster in a shocking storyline.
    Single mum Maria - actress Samia Smith - faces the terrifying ordeal after Frank corners her when she goes to his home.

It comes after Maria lands a job in the Underworld factory as sister-in-law Carla's personal assistant.

The factory has lost business in the wake of the Weatherfield tram crash and faces financial ruin unless Carla finds more work.

So Maria's first job is to help Carla sweet-talk her biggest client businessman Frank - played by The Bill star Andrew Lancel - into placing a huge order. Carla sends Maria to his home after noticing he fancies her, but the evening is soured when he says: "If you want this deal you'll have to be nice to me."

As the cameras stop rolling, viewers of the ITV soap will be left wondering whether Frank rapes her.

An insider said: "Viewers will be on the edge of their seats."

A Street source said: "Time will tell how bad Frank's character will be - but he's a ladies' man and no Weatherfield woman will be safe from his interest."

The Sun

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (17-01-2011)

So a rape storyline for Corrie just like Emmerdale have at present and are doing great with

Andrew Lancel has teased that Coronation Street viewers will see different sides to his character Frank Foster.

The former Bill actor makes his debut as Frank - one of Carla Connor's business associates - tonight. It was recently reported that due to Kym Marsh's early maternity leave, the newcomer will become involved with Maria Connor (Samia Smith).

"He appears tonight for the first time and he's going to be around for a bit, infiltrating business and women on Coronation Street," Lancel said during an appearance on Loose Women. "I'll be there for a while - we'll see many sides of him.

Speaking about taking on the role of his "mysterious" character, he continued: "I've been working with some amazing and beautiful women as well - Alison King, Kym Marsh and Samia Smith. [But] above the show and above anything else, is a great character. Every script I get, I'm loving."

He added: "It's very surreal going into Coronation Street because I've been a fan. It's been brilliant, I've loved every second of it. I was a bit nervous when I went in but I was really welcomed by some amazing actors and actresses. It's been a blast."

DS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (20-01-2011)

It seems to me that this storyline was intended for Michelle Conner. But since Kym is on early maternity leave, the writers did a hasty re-write and changed it to have Maria work at Underwood instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    It seems to me that this storyline was intended for Michelle Conner. But since Kym is on early maternity leave, the writers did a hasty re-write and changed it to have Maria work at Underwood instead.
    Why not use Carla instead?

Because they need to give Maria a storyline. Since she has been back she has hardly featured

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Because they need to give Maria a storyline. Since she has been back she has hardly featured
    That is a good thing

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

alan45 (21-01-2011)

Coronation Street newcomer Andrew Lancel has admitted that it was uncomfortable to film the ITV1 soap's recent sexual assault scenes.

The actor plays Frank Foster, who attacked Maria Connor (Samia Smith) when she visited his house to discuss a business deal for Underworld.

Lancel also confessed that he is worried about the viewer reaction to the storyline.

"I'd want to knock him out, he's a predator and, as a man, I felt hugely uncomfortable filming it," he told The People. "We're on the sofa and Frank tries to force himself on her. It's not an easy scene for a man. I'd never behave like that and don't know anyone who would.

"Samia was wonderful about it but I am slightly worried about the reaction of viewers - Maria is a popular character. Maybe it will start a debate on whether she led him on but what he does was not nice. Even if there is a reason for it that's still no excuse."

He added that he used to work on the Street as an extra when he was younger, saying: "I'd chat to the cast and ask their advice - they were lovely. William Roache who plays Ken Barlow said to me, 'Well, you never know, stick with it and you might end up here'."

Andrew Lancel has admitted that Coronation Street's Frank Foster is "a bad man".

Speaking to Soaplife, the actor said that the businessman is intent on smoothing things over with Maria Connor following his assault on her earlier this month.

"He admits he went too far," Lancel said. "But accusing him of rape is way off the deep end for Frank. He knows he messed up and now he wants to smooth things over."

He continued: "Don't mess with Frank. He doesn't worry about using force of a different kind to keep her quiet. He turns things around and says he could take her to court over what she is saying. That takes some ego. I'm not trying to justify what he did... He's a bad man."

Asked if Frank could be dangerous towards the single mother again, he responded: "Yes... But I don't know how far he would go."

Admitting that he enjoys playing the bad guy, Lancel added: "I hope Frank is one of the villains people love to hate. He's charismatic, charming and you're never quite sure what he'll do next. I hope people love watching him to find out."

DS

Thread Information