Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Frank Foster

Well I watched it pretty silently while I was working, I couldn't hear it just see it and couldn't pay a huge amount of attention to it.
    But I thought Anne was actually going to hurt Sally, not Sally fall over Disappointment there for me haha!! I must have read the spoilers wrong!

I was very disappointed in the handling of this whole story line. It was poorly thought out, poorly written and so predictable everyone guessed it was Anne weeks ago. The only good thing is it's basically over, I HOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by shalagee View Post
    I was very disappointed in the handling of this whole story line. It was poorly thought out, poorly written and so predictable everyone guessed it was Anne weeks ago. The only good thing is it's basically over, I HOPE!
    Yes it was a load of cack from start to finish. They allegedly had help from detectives of Greater Manchester Police in checking the authenticity and accuracy of the storyline. Incredible. The only thing that surprised me was that St. Ella was not involved in the investigation along with Webster of the Yard
    Last edited by alan45; 20-03-2012 at 11:17.

Complete rubbish

Coronation Street star Gwen Taylor has admitted that she had no idea she was signing up to play a killer.

The actress's character Anne Foster was last night (March 19) unveiled as the culprit responsible for the death of villainous Frank, her own son.

However, speaking on Lorraine today, Taylor confessed that she only discovered the twist when co-star Andrew Lancel - who played Frank - tipped her off during filming.

Taylor explained: "It was strange, because I didn't know when I signed on that it was going to develop so brilliantly. But a little while after, Andrew was telling me that he was leaving at a certain point.

"I asked, 'What happens?' and he said, 'I get killed - and between you and me, you are very deeply involved!' So he slipped me the wink quite early, so I had the excitement of knowing that the scripts were working towards a wonderful denouement. It's just such a gift for an actress, and I've loved every moment of it."

The 73-year-old added that she "loved" filming her showdown scenes with Alison King, who plays Frank's ex-fiancée Carla Connor.

Discussing the plot climax, she continued: "I was helped very much by Noreen Kershaw who directed those episodes. It is exhausting, and you always pray that the sound and the cameras are on form when you are.

"The worst thing is if you have to do it again, because the lighting or the sound went wrong. Sometimes that's what gets you, because you have to dredge it up from somewhere.

"But in this case, it all went quite well. I'm quite pleased with it, which is quite naughty, to be pleased with your own work!"

Coronation Street continues on Thursday (March 22) at 8.30pm on ITV1.

Lol
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street star Helen Worth has defended the soap's darker storylines, insisting that they are proving popular with viewers.

The ITV1 show has tackled a number of gritty subject matters in recent months, including Carla Connor's tragic rape plot and Frank Foster's death.

Worth, who plays Gail McIntyre, has now praised Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson for coming up with "fantastic" plots since taking office in 2010.

Speaking to Radio Times, she commented: "He's remarkable. And he's done some amazing things in the past two years and written some fantastic storylines. And they just keep coming. I don't know how, but thank goodness they do."

Asked whether there is too much crime on Coronation Street, she replied: "People turn on to see it, so it can't be all wrong, can it? I'm not too worried about Gail ever finding happiness because being happy doesn't make for good stories."

Gail's current storylines are centring around her concern for mum Audrey (Sue Nicholls), as she will soon discover that the salon boss has let charmer Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers) back into her affections.

Worth said: "Sue and I have been working together since 1979 and to still be there and having so much fun - well, it couldn't be better."

Coronation Street pulled in 10.6m viewers earlier this week as Frank's killer was unmasked.

Heaven help your wit Helen if you think some of Collinsons recent plots are 'fantastic'.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Former Coronation Street star Andrew Lancel has said that he felt "a huge buzz" as he watched the dramatic conclusion of Frank Foster's storyline this week.

On Monday (March 19), over 10m viewers tuned in to see Frank's mother Anne (Gwen Taylor) exposed as his killer - with dangerous consequences for Sally Webster (Sally Dynevor) and Carla Connor (Alison King).

Although Lancel had known the identity of the culprit for some time, he watched on the night to see the drama play out on screen.

Lancel told PA: "I watched the episode doing the ironing. I'm very proud of it. I thought Gwen was amazing.

"As a Corrie fan, someone who has watched it my whole life - to see these iconic characters go to this dark place that Frank got them to was a huge buzz."

Discussing the secrecy surrounding the whodunit plot, he continued: "We lie - I lied to everyone. I spoke to Gwen this morning and she's hugely relieved that it's out there because we've been lying to everybody for so long.

"I knew what was going to happen with [Frank] - what he did, who he did it to, when he was going to go and how he was going to die. For me, it was just a matter of containing it, but people really got hold of it."

Lancel finished filming the role of Frank in early February.

"Worth, who plays Gail McIntyre, has now praised Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson for coming up with "fantastic" plots since taking office in 2010.

Speaking to Radio Times, she commented: "He's remarkable. And he's done some amazing things in the past two years and written some fantastic storylines. And they just keep coming. I don't know how, but thank goodness they do."

BOLLOCKS as in what a load of !!!!!

Thread Information