Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Foster

Cool Frank Foster

Andrew Lancel has joined the cast of Coronation Street, taking on the role of new character Frank Foster.

The actor - best known for playing DI Neil Manson in The Bill - will make his first appearance on the cobbles early next year when Frank is introduced as one of Carla Connor's (Alison King) business associates.

According to the ITV soap's official website, Frank goes on to become a new factory client before pursuing Carla's right hand woman Michelle (Kym Marsh) as he looks for love.

Speaking of his new part, Lancel commented: "I'm made up to be here. It's been a long time coming and I'm a big fan of the show so I'm thrilled."

He added: "Frank looks like he's going to be fun to play, there's more to him than meets the eye, he's definitely not one-sided."

As well as The Bill, Lancel's screen credits include roles in medical drama Cardiac Arrest, Bad Girls and Queer as Folk.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-11-2010), tammyy2j (24-11-2010)

Lancel, an Alan Shearer lookalike should have went to Emmerdale where he could have teamed up with his ex lover PC Dunbar

So he's gonna be Michelle's new squeeze. I take it Ciaran has a fight with a tram and looses.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    So he's gonna be Michelle's new squeeze. I take it Ciaran has a fight with a tram and looses.
    I read Keith signed a new contract to stay longer on the show

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Pity it isnt Michelle who loses the fight with a tram

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-11-2010), tammyy2j (24-11-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Pity it isnt Michelle who loses the fight with a tram
    Couldn't have put it better myself

9. The Following User Says Thank You to no1abbafan For This Useful Post:

alan45 (24-11-2010)

Andrew Lancel has spoken about his new role in Coronation Street, admitting that the part was impossible to resist.

Earlier this week, it was announced that the former Bill actor had been cast as new character Frank Foster, who will be introduced as one of Carla Connor (Alison King)'s business associates early next year.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, Lancel commented: "I'm a massive fan of Corrie so it's very exciting. My wife Louise is a big fan too, so she's thrilled.

"I was once an extra on Corrie when I was a teenager and I've always watched it. Coronation Street is a character in itself. You can't get much more high-profile than Corrie. For me it's always about the part and when I heard about this I couldn't resist it."

Lancel filmed his final scenes as DI Neil Manson on The Bill back in June as the ITV police drama bowed out after 27 years on the air.

The actor added: "I've had a great seven years on ITV and I wanted to stay with the network. The Bill was like a family and it will be like that on Corrie. I've met a lot of the cast and I've only ever known people to have fun in it."

Lancel's character Frank has been tipped to set his sights on Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh) after he makes his screen debut in the New Year.

More ravings from Kym Marsh

Andrew Lancel will "fit right in" on Coronation Street, Kym Marsh has said.

It was confirmed last week that the former Bill star is joining the ITV soap as Frank Foster - one of Carla Connor (Alison King)'s business associates.

It was revealed that Frank will pursue Marsh's character Michelle as he "looks for love" on the Street.

"We're all so happy he's joining us," the actress wrote in New magazine. "He's a really nice guy and will fit right in."

Lancel will make his debut in the soap early next year.

Bet he will be glad to have the backing of such a great actress and Corrie stalwart

I hope he gets to smile in Corrie.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I hope he gets to smile in Corrie.
    He would have smiled more if he had been able to team up with the former PC Dungbar in Emmerdale

Thread Information