Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    Can someone explain if Anne's the killer why would she steal Frank's watch, she's his next of kin so would get it anyway ,returned by the police pretty much straight away?
    I think that's a very good point, but why would anyone else take it? I sure hope they tell us who it is on Monday. This whole story line is very poorly written.

Anne may have snatched the watch off Frank just before she killed him, feeling that he no longer deserved his father's watch (or off his body for the same reason). The watch was obviously precious to her given the fuss she made about it.

It's thin, I know, but as shalagee says, why would anyone else take it?

I would assume Anne took the watch because if you murder your son you're not exactly in the most stable frame of mind!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LostVoodoo For This Useful Post:

alan45 (18-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    I would assume Anne took the watch because if you murder your son you're not exactly in the most stable frame of mind!
    I agree, actually most prople who commit murder aren't all that together. I imagine that killing a son would be especially hideous. I think they dropped the ball seriously in this story line. They kept Frank on, as some have said for the dramatic possibilities, then they kill him off and give us a couple of weeks before revealing the murderer. They try to make it obvious that it's Anne. If someone else is indeed the murderer, they have pulled them out of thin air. They try and develop some drama between Carla and Peter that falls flat. The scenes between Carla and Peter show no love between, then out of nowhere Peter confesses. Really! They have some clueless police asking pointless questions and leaping to obvious conclusions about Carla.
    If they are going to have police issues be such a part of so many story lines why haven't they developed any ongoing police characters that we care about so that when an investigation is necessary we can at least care? In the short time I have been watching this show I see that they have lots of characters that have very limited air time. How hard would that be? Of course we have the fruitcake Kristi. Not someone I care about, other than to get her story line over. Why can't we have some hunky police guy that we see now and again at those all to frequent times they decide that the only solution to a problem is to kill it?
    The UK is home to some of the greatest mystery writers of all time. I can't believe the producers of this show can't find someone who knows how to write a mystery story line.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shalagee For This Useful Post:

parkerman (18-03-2012)

Mourners are gathering for Frank's funeral. Sally accompanies Anne. DC Nash is also there and extends his condolences. Anne notes mostly family is in attendance but there are some business aquaintances, too.

They are horrified when Carla, Michelle and Maria turn up in a taxi. Sally confronts them as Anne scampers into the crem. Sally can't understand why Carla is there and Carla turns it around on Sally because Frank didn't treat her very well either. Sally righteously explains she's there to support Anne while Carla insists she's there to bury a few ghosts.
    Last edited by alan45; 19-03-2012 at 09:22.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

shalagee (19-03-2012)

Coronation Street's Anne Foster has been officially revealed as the killer of her son Frank - as predicted by thousands of Digital Spy readers.

Anne, played by Gwen Taylor, found herself backed into a corner in dramatic circumstances on the day of Frank's funeral in this evening's (March 19) episodes.

After bidding a final farewell to her son at the crematorium and heading back to the late businessman's home in an emotional state, Anne was unable to hide her crime for any longer as Sally Webster (Sally Dynevor) paid a visit. Sally found Anne clutching Frank's watch, which had mysteriously disappeared following his death.

When Anne confessed that she had been in possession of the watch the whole time, Sally finally figured out that she was the culprit responsible for Frank's violent passing. However, as she tried to flee from Frank's house in her shock, Sally slipped and fell down the stairs.

Unable to get help without revealing her secret, Anne left Sally lying unconscious and prepared to go on the run. However, she was stopped in her tracks when Carla (Alison King) turned up at the house - wanting answers over how much Anne knew about Frank's evil nature.

Carla soon realised that all was not right, and found herself threatened with a knife as Anne desperately tried to stay in control of the escalating situation.

Confessing all, Anne explained that she had overheard Frank taunting Carla at the factory on the night of his death, finally discovering that the businesswoman's rape allegation had been true.

In a subsequent argument with Frank, Anne had lashed out at her son by hitting him over the head with a whisky bottle - before fleeing from the scene in horror upon realising that she had killed him.

Kevin (Michael Le Vell) eventually arrived to rescue Sally and Carla from the clutches of Anne, whose fate will now be left in the hands of the authorities.

Digital Spy readers had long predicted Anne as Frank's killer, as she received over 60% of the 38,000 votes cast in our 'Who killed Frank Foster?' poll despite never being named as an official suspect.

However, fans were kept guessing until tonight's episodes as show bosses ensured that the culprit's identity was not revealed in the press before transmission.

Coronation Street's Frank plot has proved a ratings hit in recent weeks, taking the soap well above the 10m mark earlier this month.

Quote Originally Posted by annette_tr9 View Post
    i reckon it's his mum, just because she isnt really a main character and could be leaving.............

none of the other suspects are leaving??
    My middle name is Sherlock you know ;)

Well what a load of cack that was

Coronation Street actress Gwen Taylor has spoken of her relief at her character Anne Foster finally being unmasked as son Frank's killer.

Anne's dark crime was revealed during tonight's (March 19) episodes, where viewers saw Sally Webster (Sally Dynevor) figure out the mystery of businessman Frank's (Andrew Lancel) murder.

"It has been wonderful to be part of such a fantastic storyline but so difficult trying to keep the secret for so long," she told the official Coronation Street website.

"It is weeks since we filmed the scenes where Anne confessed to Sally and I haven't told a soul. The morning after Frank was murdered I arrived back at the airport from a trip to Ireland and suddenly everyone was asking me who killed him."

Taylor went on to say that she is now intrigued to discover how the public will act towards her following the dramatic revelation.

"It is such a relief that it is all finally out in the open now and I am not worried that I will give the game away," she added. "It will be interesting to see how people will react now they know it was me!"

Taylor will now be interviewed by Lancel on Liverpool station Radio City on March 29.
    Last edited by alan45; 20-03-2012 at 02:02.

CORONATION Street fans were left gobsmacked ( I DONT think so) last night when twisted Frank Foster's murderer turned out to be his doting mum Anne.

An estimated 12million viewers tuned in to see Frank's fiancée, Carla Connor, unmask Anne as the killer as she was about to leave wrongly accused Sally Webster for dead.

Actress Gwen Taylor, who joined the ITV1 soap as Frank's overbearing mother last summer, had already been getting stick off fans just for being the rapist's parent.

But after yesterday's revelation, she fears more of the show's army of followers will turn against her in real life.

In an exclusive interview, Gwen told TV Biz: "Anne has been the nastiest character I've ever played. I might have to get a bodyguard!

"I've had a bit of a hard ride from fans up until now and they'll be upset that I've attacked Sally. Anne's been awful.

"She's been very unkind and cruel and the way she's turned on Sally is terrible.

"But at the end, Anne's on the verge of madness. I'm a criminal!"

But Gwen admits she has enjoyed playing such a ruthless character.

ITV She said: "I hoped I'd get to play a character this evil one day. They are always more interesting and I'd like to do it again. It's nice to play someone with no redeeming features. You have to find out why people are like this."
    As well as getting flak from fans, Gwen has been shocked by some viewers' refusal to accept Frank (Andrew Lancel) raped Carla (Alison King) — because they were engaged.

Gwen said: "There are a lot of people who don't think he can have raped her.

"I don't believe this but a lot of people have said, 'Don't be silly — he can't have raped her, they were having a relationship'.

"So there will be people who think, how dare Anne? And that he was innocent."

However, Gwen is confident the majority of fans, especially women and mums, will understand how events led Frank's mum to commit her terrible crime.

Since joining Corrie, Gwen — who played Amy Pearce role in Eighties sitcom Duty Free — has been stunned by how much attention she attracts when she is out and about.

She said: "It's the first time I've felt this incredible interest from Corrie.

"Even people I wouldn't have thought would watch it have been approaching me — upper middle-class people telling me they're enjoying the storylines. I think it appeals to everyone."

Corrie bosses have gone to great lengths over the past few months to protect the identity of Frank's killer.

ITV Producers and storyline writers did not even tell Gwen the identity of the killer.
    But co-star Andrew left the cat out of the bag after persuading bosses to tell him who would kill his rapist character.

Gwen said: "I was absolutely shattered when I found out Anne was the killer. Andrew told me on the quiet some time ago.

"He knew before me because he was leaving first, he wheedled it out of them and spilled the beans. It's been dreadful keeping the secret, especially from family."

Gwen also struggled to keep the twist from fans, with people begging her for clues wherever she went. She said: "I was talking to people in the airport in Belfast in Ireland and they were saying, 'I bet it's such and such but, oh, you're nasty, you're horrible, it could be you'.

"I thought, 'Oh my goodness, I've got this name for being a horrible woman.' "

Anne is the latest in a string of villains who have terrorised Weatherfield, including Alan Bradley (Mark Eden), Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) and Richard Hillman (Brian Capron).

The latest storyline has been criticised for being too violent, but charities have praised the soap for tackling the issue of rape sensitively. Police advisers were involved to ensure scenes was realistic.

ITV Gwen insists serious issues should be tackled by the soaps — as long as they are balanced with lighter plots and humour.
    In the months between Carla's rape and Frank's court case and murder, viewers also enjoyed frothier storylines such as Owen Armstrong (Ian Puleston-Davies) and David Platt (Jack P Shepherd) feuding over a fish pond, plus Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) warring with housemate from hell Beth Tinker (Lisa George).

Gwen doesn't believe BBC1 rival EastEnders has the same gentle touch, branding it humourless.

She said: "EastEnders has more nasty people in it who destroy more lives than anywhere else! They seem to have one after another of people who just destroy other people.

"You start to think, 'I can't take another one'. You need to be choosy about putting characters like that in. The fact that Anne is leaving is good."

Praising her bosses, she continued: "EastEnders could learn a thing or two because gentle comedy is important.

Real people being in situations that make you laugh, not always getting on at each other, throwing things and sniping. It's too much."

Gwen admits she does watch Enders — but only for professional purposes.

ITV She said: "I watch from the point of view of an actress watching actors because there are some very good ones in it.
    "I'm interested in that and people developing their careers. However, for reality and for good stories, I'm a Corrie person."

Gwen's emotional final scenes, when Anne is stricken by grief and guilt, left her drained and exhausted.

She said: "A lot has happened to the poor woman, she's lost her husband then her son and stuck to her guns about his innocence. Then she begins to realise something is very wrong. The humiliation of that, and the fact she has been so horrible to people, is too much for her to live with. It turns her funny."

Gwen credits director Noreen Kershaw for helping her calm down between takes.

She said: "For the last pivotal scenes, I had Noreen directing. She was very understanding about Anne and what was at stake, and very good at reining me in so I wasn't screaming throughout all three episodes. She made me calm down and vary it, otherwise I'd have been in high hysteria the whole time."

Playing someone whose life has been so devastated was a big challenge and Gwen admits she had to focus on her grief at her own dad's death to maximise the emotion.

She said: "I never thought I'd use this but it's to do with my father. It's to do with his death and the fact that I was there and I held him. I only use it when I need it and I don't think he would mind."

Gwen wrapped up her final scenes as Anne weeks ago.

She is now rehearsing a theatre role in a new children's play, The Butterfly Lion, which opens at Leicester's Curve Theatre, next month.

She said: "I'm appearing in a play which is a children's story, and I play a sweet old lady. I'm hoping it will be a nice change.

"I'm glad of the change, it does take over your life being in Corrie. I did find it draining — but brilliant too."

Thread Information