Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Stape - The Grim Reaper

Cool John Stape - The Grim Reaper

CORRIE killer John Stape is set to claim his THIRD victim in the New Year when Joy Fishwick dies mysteriously.
    Joy (Doreen Mantle) suffers a suspected heart attack as she tries to find out what happened to her son Colin.
    But it later emerges that disgraced teacher John is connected with the death.
    Viewers saw John (Graeme Hawley) burying Colin Fishwick in the soap's factory earlier this year.
    He collapsed and died during a row over John illegally stealing his identity so he could return to teaching - despite previously kidnapping pupil Rosie Webster.

Next month viewers will see him attack accomplice Charlotte Hoyle (Becky Hindley) with a hammer before telling doctors she was injured in the forthcoming tram crash.
    He will later try and turn off her life support machine to finish the job.
    A Corrie source told TV Biz: "John didn't start out by deliberately killing Colin.
    "But now as his life threatens to unravel he goes to unbelievable lengths to stop his body being found. Viewers will see him murder Charlotte during the show's 50th anniversary week. When Joy asks questions, she is the next on his list. John makes it look like natural causes again. It's a while before anyone links him to the deaths."
    John's wife Fiz gives birth to daughter Hope next month.
    The source added: "John is more determined than ever not to let his family down and get caught."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz169kvEhlv
    Last edited by alan45; 24-11-2010 at 00:52.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (24-11-2010), Dazzle (24-11-2010), tammyy2j (24-11-2010)

We need Inspector Norris Cole on the case to rumble him.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

FFS another Hillman/Gordon for the Street only this fella cant act

I'm in the minority on these boards in that I like John and am intrigued at what he'll get up to next.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm in the minority on these boards in that I like John and am intrigued at what he'll get up to next.
    He's not the usual soap killer. He's just thick as mince, everytime he tries to make things better it goes wrong.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (24-11-2010), Dazzle (24-11-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    He's not the usual soap killer. He's just thick as mince, everytime he tries to make things better it goes wrong.
    Poor John is a victim of circumstance. All he wants to do is protect Fizz. It's a pity that they have ruined his character with all these deaths. I would have like to see them develop his character a bit more. Too late now

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-11-2010), LostVoodoo (07-12-2010), parkerman (28-11-2010), Ruffed_lemur (27-11-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Poor John is a victim of circumstance. All he wants to do is protect Fizz. It's a pity that they have ruined his character with all these deaths. I would have like to see them develop his character a bit more. Too late now
    I agree. I think making him a killer is just OTT. Hope there aren't many more deaths after the tram, it's getting like a farce.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

alan45 (27-11-2010)

Coronation Street star Graeme Hawley has said that he believes his character John Stape has the potential for more storylines beyond the forthcoming tram crash.

John is currently at the centre of a huge crisis as his desire to keep the truth about the late Colin Fishwick under wraps is coming under threat due to twisted Charlotte Hoyle, played by Becky Hindley.

However, as a tram disaster will cause tragedy on the cobbles next month, the future of many characters remains uncertain as show bosses aim to deliver a 50th anniversary week full of surprises.

Speaking to Soaplife, Hawley commented: "I hope John isn't one of the dead because I think there's still more fun to be had with him.

"But if he doesn't survive, I'll be glad to spend some time with my 18-month-old daughter. Either way I'll be happy."

Meanwhile, discussing John's current problems, the actor said: "He's angry and scared. It's dawned on him that Charlotte is potty. He now knows she's capable of anything… Charlotte is never going to let this go."

Hawley has played the role of John since 2007.

She is indeed crazy. Im glad he kills her off. I couldnt stand anymore of her! lol. But I suppose she does play the part well, cos I find my self laughing in disbelief every time she speaks. I hope John can settle down to family life for a little bit after his daughter is born. But obviously it is a soap, it will have to come out sooner or later.

Coronation Street producer Phil Collinson has praised Becky Hindley for her "amazing" performance in the role of bunny boiler Charlotte Hoyle.

Charlotte has been at the forefront of the soap for several months as she has made John Stape's life hell following their involvement in Colin Fishwick's death.

Earlier this week, it appeared that Charlotte had been killed off after John furiously attacked her with a hammer, but last night's 50th anniversary live episode contained the surprise revelation that she still had a weak pulse.

Collinson commented: "I think that Becky Hindley has done an amazing job. They're always great parts to play, the bunny boilers, and Becky has really embraced that. I think she's just played it brilliantly.

"I think what she's done so brilliantly is make us feel Charlotte's pain. She isn't just a bunny boiler - she's a really lonely, heartbroken person. Colin Fishwick dying in front of her eyes was probably the most perversely exciting thing that's ever happened to her!

"She became desperate to hang onto the drama that came from that night. I think it's been great telly: you take people like John and Fiz - who are really loved characters - and then you do something this extraordinary to them. I think you just want to watch it!"

Thread Information