Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Emmerdale' announces shock arson plot

Cool 'Emmerdale' announces shock arson plot

Lives will be lost in Emmerdale in the New Year when a massive fire causes terror and tragedy, it has been announced.

The shock new storyline will see a blaze rip through a row of cottages in the heart of the village in some of the soap's most spectacular scenes ever.

Show bosses have confirmed that at least two characters will perish in the inferno, although the identities of the casualties will be kept closely under wraps until transmission.

Betty Eagleton (Paula Tilbrook), Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter) and Gennie Walker (Sian Reese-Williams) are just three of the villagers who have been named as possible victims of the flames.

Brenda Walker (Lesley Dunlop) and Terry Woods (Billy Hartman) will also be in danger when the fire spreads to their home, while Viv Hope (Deena Payne) is another show favourite whose life may be left on the line.

In a further twist, the aftermath of the blaze will see the distressing discovery that the fire was no accident. As the survivors mourn the dead, they must deal with the disturbing realisation that an arsonist has struck and could be among them.

Speaking of the storyline, Emmerdale's series producer Gavin Blyth commented: "This is going to be one of the most dramatic and tragic events ever to rock Emmerdale and no-one will be untouched by the fire's devastating consequences.

"The whole village will be thrown together for these gripping and heart-wrenching episodes which will launch us into an unmissable 2011."

Emmerdale's arson plot will air in the middle of January.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-11-2010), tammyy2j (24-11-2010)

TWO Emmerdale favourites are set to die in an arson attack.
    An inferno will hit the village, leaving at least two other characters with devastating injuries.
    Viv Hope, the soap's longest-serving female character, looks certain to perish.

Actress Deena Payne was axed earlier this year after playing the gossipy postmistress since 1993.

Paula Tilbrook ... as Betty Eagleton
    Others who could die include Betty Eagleton (Paula Tilbrook), Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter), Gennie Walker (Sian Reese-Williams), Brenda Walker (Lesley Dunlop) and Terry Woods' (Billy Hartman).
    Also in the frame is Katie Sugden (Sammy Winward) after arguing with angry ex Andy, who has a history of arson.
    Soap bosses are refusing to reveal who dies until the scenes are screened in the New Year.
    Series producer Gavin Blyth said: "This is going to be one of the most dramatic events ever to rock Emmerdale."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz169gL3dfT
    Last edited by alan45; 24-11-2010 at 00:34.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-11-2010), swatson (02-01-2011)

I hope Jackson isn't a contender??? His contract ends around that time!!!

I think Viv and Gennie will go. Viv is leaving we know and Gennie hasn't really gelled as a Dingle.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Hollyoaks did a similar storyline just recently

I think Viv and Gennie will die

Quote Originally Posted by nb200878 View Post
    I hope Jackson isn't a contender??? His contract ends around that time!!!
    He has signed another contract until the end of 2011

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (01-12-2010)

Gennie, Eve, Andy, Katie, Rhona, Holly, Brenda, Jai, Nikhill, Leyla I could go on there is loads of crap characters they could clear out at once

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

swatson (02-01-2011)

there are loads that they could get rid of for my liking!

I think its definltly viv cause that would tie in with kellys return and the fact that she is defintly leaving.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

swatson (02-01-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    He has signed another contract until the end of 2011
    That's good news!

A HUGE fire is set to kill at least two of Emmerdale's best-loved characters.
    Victoria Cottage is the target of a mystery arsonist - but the inferno soon spreads through neighbouring properties with devastating results.

Things look particularly bleak for poor Betty Eagleton who gets trapped in Keepers Cottage - while Brenda Walker and Terry Woods find themselves in trouble as their home goes up in flames.

And then there is Viv Hope, who is humiliated and busy drowning her sorrows at her flat after being rejected by her ex Terry. Katie Sugden, Gennie Walker and Chas Dingle are also in peril.

An Emmerdale source said last night: "The number of residents caught up in this disaster is shocking, and it will be nail-biting to see who can fight their way to safety.

"Then there is the revelation that this tragedy was caused by someone within the community. Plenty of people have motives - but can the investigation root out the true culprit?"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

swatson (02-01-2011)

Thread Information