Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince William

Prince William

Prince William has become engaged to his partner Kate Middleton.

Clarence House has confirmed that the couple will marry next year. They will live in North Wales following a ceremony expected to be in the spring or summer.

According to BBC News, the couple became engaged last month during a private holiday in Kenya.

William, who is is second in the line of succession to the throne behind his father Prince Charles, met Middleton when they were studying at the University of St Andrews in Fife in 2001. Their relationship is believed to have begun in December 2003.

The pair were reported to have split up in 2007, but were later seen at public engagements together.

Prime Minister David Cameron has said that he is "delighted" at news of the Royal engagement and that he wishes the couple "all the best".

On Twitter, Labour leader Ed Miliband added: "Delighted for Prince William and Kate Middleton on their engagement. The whole country will be wishing them every happiness."

Showbiz magazine Heat tells BBC Radio 5 live they're not that bothered about the engagement because they believe young people these days are more interested in Katie Waissel from the X Factor than Kate Middleton.

I'm not fussed about the Royal Wedding to be honest. It's a complete waste of tax payers money. £30 Million for Charles/Diana's weddings so goodness knows how much this fiasco will cost. And if they divorce will the have to pay the money back.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I am not fussed about it either.. is it just another big wedding.. I wonder if they will appear on 4 weddings on Living to see if they can win the honeymoon... Her theme is a princess wedding costing 100 million
    Super Mod

Im not a big fan of Royal Weddings either and feel that in the tight financial times we are in that the Royal Family should pay towards the cost. That said however the amount of money generated by tourism and television rights will more than offset the cost.

Apart from that good luck to the two of them. They are a nice couple and I hope they are happier than Williams father was with his mother.

Kate Middleton will drop her nickname, and soon become Princess Catherine.

Well, not nearly as nice as the ring Prince William gave Kate upon his marriage proposal while vacationing last month in Africa. The ring once belonged to William’s mother, the late Princess Diana, and it’s an 18-carat, oval blue sapphire engulfed in diamonds.

“It’s my mother’s engagement ring. So I thought it was quite nice because obviously she’s not going to be around to share any of the fun and excitement of it all – this was my way of keeping her sort of close to it all,” William said.

Kate was sporting the ring with a matching blue dress when she and William sat down for their first on-camera interview since the proposal, and the two seemed to out-sparkle the diamonds.

William looked relaxed and charismatic as any prince should be, and Kate was sitting with the shoulders-back posture of a soon-to-be princess.

“We’re like ducks. So calm on the surface, but little feet going crazy underwater,” William said.

The two 28-year-olds had been dating since they met eight years ago at St. Andrews University, where they lived together with a couple friends. In 2007, the two famously broke up, but within months, were back together again.

“We went through a few stumbling blocks like any other relationship, but we picked ourselves up and carried on,” William said, later adding, “I’m obviously extremely funny and she loves that.” The two chuckled at this.

Kate will be the first commoner since the 1600s to marry a future British monarch. She came from a middle-class family – her father a pilot and her mother a flight attendant. Kate’s parents later started an online party supply company that’s now worth millions. Kate graduated from St. Andrews with a bachelor’s degree in art history, and has a keen interest in fashion, having done some modeling.

Even though the couple had been planning on getting married for at least a year, Kate said she wasn’t expecting William to ask the big question while in Kenya.

“It was a total shock when it came,” Kate said.

“I was really pleased when she said yes,” William said.

William is second in line to his father, Charles, for the British throne. If Kate and William do eventually decide to have children (William said he wants to take it one step at a time), the first child would move ahead of his younger brother Prince Harry to become third in line to the throne.

When asked if it was intimidating for Kate to be following in the footsteps of the “massively iconic” Princess Diana, William said, “There’s no pressure … No one is going to try to fill my mother’s shoes, what she did was fantastic. It’s about making your own future and your own destiny and Kate will do a very good job of that.”

The two are expecting to have their wedding sometime next year, and it promises to be as big as the sapphire wrapped around Kate’s finger.

Prince William and Kate Middleton will marry on April 29, it has been announced.

The couple confirmed their engagement last week.

They will wed at Westminster Abbey on the last Friday in April, Clarence House revealed.

Downing Street has also confirmed that the date will be a bank holiday.

Prince William and Kate Middleton are to marry at Westminster Abbey on April 29, 2011, it has been announced.

The couple, who revealed their engagement to the world last week, were described as "over the moon" about their forthcoming wedding.

Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, the prince's private secretary, said: "They’re on cloud nine like any other newly engaged couple and they’re now getting stuck into organising their wedding.

"They are completely over the moon – I’ve never seen two happier people which is fabulous."

April 29 falls on a Friday and seems certain to be a bank holiday.

Mr Lowther-Pinkerton said: "The couple have chosen to be married at Westminster Abbey on the Feast of St Catherine on Friday 29th April.

"The couple were moved to choose the venue because of its staggering beauty, its 1,000 years of royal history and its relative intimacy despite its size.

“They are very much in charge giving us firm direction about the arrangements."

The Royal family and the Middletons will bear the cost of the wedding, the reception and the honeymoon, although any associated costs such as security, policing and cleaning streets will be picked up by the taxpayer

“The details of who pays for what haven’t been worked through yet but the Middleton family are very, very keen to contribute,” said Mr Lowther-Pinkerton.

He added that the Prince and Miss Middleton want their wedding to be “a classic British occasion” and “a classic example of what Britain does best”.

He said the couple and the Royal family want the wedding to be an enjoyable event for the whole country while at the same time being “mindful” of the current economic situation.

An April wedding sees Prince William marrying in the same month as his father, the Prince of Wales, whose second marriage to the Duchess of Cornwall took place in Windsor on April 9, 2005.

As the date was finalised, it also emerged that Miss Middleton is to play a central role as a working member of the Royal family after her wedding.

It is understood she is already considering a request from the charity Starlight, which grants wishes to seriously and terminally ill children to work as their patron or ambassador.

At the weekend Royal aides contradicted widespread reports that Miss Middleton, 28, would not be a working princess and that she instead intended to start a family early in her marriage to Prince William.

"Catherine has made it clear that she wants to get stuck into work for the Royal family and that she wants to support her future husband," said a senior royal aide.

Miss Middleton's new role is certain to lead to comparisons with the late Diana, Princess of Wales, who supported many charities.

Party Pieces, the Middleton's family business, already has links with Starlight and some friends of Miss Middleton expect her to accept a formal role with the charity next year.

In September last year, Miss Middleton and her family attended a charity auction at the Saatchi Gallery in London to raise money for Starlight.

Miss Middleton hosted a table at the £100-a-night black tie event and her parents donated a party for 20 youngsters as a prize for the auction.

In 2008, Miss Middleton was also involved with organising the Boodles Boxing Ball in London, which was attended by Prince William and Prince Harry, and raised more than £100,000 for Starlight.

The charity was founded by the actress Emma Samms, who starred in Dynasty, and its current ambassadors include the actresses Keira Knightley and Sienna Miller and the fashion designer Matthew Williamson.

Another charity that Miss Middleton may consider adopting is Place2Be, which provides counselling to schoolchildren in need.

In 2008, she helped to organise a roller-disco charity event in London for Place2Be, during which she was photographed wearing yellow hot pants lying on the floor after taking a tumble in her roller-skates.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Prince William and Kate Middleton will marry on April 29, it has been announced.

The couple confirmed their engagement last week.

They will wed at Westminster Abbey on the last Friday in April, Clarence House revealed.

Downing Street has also confirmed that the date will be a bank holiday.
    I hope I get an invite
    Last edited by lizann; 23-11-2010 at 13:15.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I hope I get an invite
    Lizann we could arrange the Hen night.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information