Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tamwar Masood

I loved how he was with Amira today

But do you think EE are hinting at Tam/Amira in the future esp after the Chreyd reveal or even during the marriage, coz i think Amira finds out before the marriage and goes ahead and marries Syed, and then Tamwar will notice some distance between Syed and Amira seeing as Amira will move into the Masood house, and then i think Tamwar will find out and be their for Amira etc

Amira was nice when talking about Tam to Syed in the vic, about going easy on him etc

I get the feeling that Tam doesnt like how easy Syed gets things, and him being the golden boy and also Syed having Amira so i am pretty sure Tam has told her about how Syed nicked money from the family business in the past

Cool Tamwar Masood

As EastEnders' Masood family find themselves facing more trouble in the coming weeks, it's unlikely suspect Tamwar who's at the centre of the drama in a surprise storyline twist. After growing tired of the single life, things seem to be looking up for Tamwar when his old flame Afia gets in touch and they rekindle their relationship during a string of dates. However, when Tamwar introduces his parents to Afia and her father for the first time, he's stunned when Zainab and Masood recognise his girlfriend's dad as a face from their past. Furious, Masood kicks both of their visitors out of the house and it's not long until Tamwar has been banned from seeing his love interest.

What was your reaction when you heard that the producers were bringing back Meryl Fernandes and her role as Afia?
    "I was very happy! We filmed together for about three or four weeks when she first came into the show, which was about this time last year. We got on really, really well because she's such a lovely person and a great actress, so I was always asking people if she was going to come back. Then she dropped me a text to say that they'd got in touch with her and were bringing her back, which was fantastic."

It seems to have happened at the right time for Tamwar because he's been feeling a bit lonely - what would you say has brought that on?
    "I'd say it was the closing chapter of the Syed and Christian story, where Syed was finally happy and in love. Because of that, Tamwar was left at home with his parents and then Darren went and got a girlfriend, so Tamwar was completely left out in the cold. I think he just started feeling lonely because of that."

Can you remind us of Tamwar and Afia's story so far?
    "They were together briefly, but Tamwar made a wrong move and she dumped him. He'd lied about being at Oxford - it was just an impulse and he felt like he needed to do that to maintain her affection for him. But that wasn't the case and she ended it right there!"

Does Tamwar feel grateful to get this second chance with her?
    "He does - it's great and immediately when you see the scenes where they meet up and they're together, there's already a split-second change in Tamwar and his attitude. He's almost at home - he's got what he wants for the first time in a while, so it's quite lovely for him, really."

Doesn't their past history make things awkward at first?
    "It's sort of awkward - Tamwar's initially very terrified of her because of what happened and because he thinks that she's just going to destroy him, because she left him on a very angry note. In Tamwar's head, no time has elapsed between what happened and now, and he thinks that she's still angry at him for doing that, but she's calmed down and she's almost looked at it in a funny sort of light. There's a lot to think about, but they get over that very quickly and I think she even says at one point that she'd almost forgotten about it."

Tamwar gets a bit of a makeover before his meeting with Afia, doesn't he?
    "Yeah, you don't see the makeover happen on screen but you come back in and see that Tamwar has changed. It's mainly Jodie's work but Darren is there too. She gets him a new jacket and gives his hair a bit of a makeover. But it doesn't really work for him. He thinks that he's done the right thing, but in all honesty, it's not his character - because Tamwar's costume is part of his character and part of who he is. So when he tries to change that, it just doesn't work. He decides not to wear his glasses, but he doesn't have his contact lenses in, so he's just squinting all the time, which doesn't look right!"

Also, Afia doesn't like the makeover and preferred him the way he was - is that a confidence boost for Tamwar?
    "Yeah, it is, definitely - it's very much a confidence boost. It's not like everyone is always telling him that his appearance is wrong, but they don't tell him that it's right either. I think it is a confidence boost that he's met someone who likes him for who he is and doesn't want him to change. That's quite sweet."

What can you tell us about the twist that's coming up regarding the identity of Afia's father?
    "It's quite a shocker! In fact, it was a shocker when I read the scripts, as I had no idea that it was coming. It's a clever little twist, really. It's just something that Tamwar couldn't possibly have prepared himself for - he wouldn't have thought about it at all, and there's just no way that he could have asked any questions to find out it was the case. It's not until the last minute that anyone realises, so it's quite a twist!"

Would you say this storyline is new territory for Tamwar, as normally he's keeping his head down rather than being at the centre of a family drama?
    "It is new territory for Tamwar, because he's never been part of the problem. Initially, the first problem that the Masoods encountered as a family was the financial issues that they were having and the loan shark that Zainab went to. Then it was Shabnam being a bit rebellious and that was a problem, and then obviously it was Syed's issue. So Tamwar's always been either stuck in the middle of it all, or outside looking in. Now he's almost feeling a sense of guilt for having brought this problem to the family. It's a tough decision to make on whether to continue the relationship or not…"

Would you say this storyline also mirrors Syed and Christian's storyline in some ways, as Masood and Zainab ban Tamwar from seeing Afia?
    "Yeah it does, and it's a shame really that they haven't learned from the Syed situation. They're obviously completely different issues, but there is a similarity there. From this, you hope that Tamwar will gain an even greater understanding of what his brother went through in having to conceal his relationship."

Do you think this storyline could tie in with Syed and Christian's one, or perhaps have an impact on it in the long-run?
    "It could have. It could almost be a reconciliatory storyline, because a lot of people could realise a lot of things. In Tamwar's storyline, perhaps if he's brave enough to make a sacrifice for love, Zainab won't hold it against him. That could be a surprise for the audience - if at some point she doesn't react in the way that they expect her to. It'll be interesting to see if that's what happens!"

You started having more scenes with Marc Elliott back in the summer, but they've been less frequent recently. Will there be any more Tamwar and Syed material ahead?
    "There will! I've just had a few weeks off filming, but the last scenes I filmed - which will be shown in a few weeks' time - were with Marc in Syed and Christian's flat. I'm hoping we get a few more scenes. We might even get a few more scenes if Tamwar decides to carry on the relationship behind his parents' backs, or if he does something else behind his parents' backs. He might need Syed's advice, because Syed has been in that boat and it's a similar situation. I think that'd be great, because I love working with Marc and I'm hoping it's something that I get to do more of."

Do you think that the Queen Vic fire showed that the Masoods will always pull together in a desperate situation?
    "Yeah, it's almost part of their culture to be that connected - it's that family bond that you can't really break. Zainab went back in for Syed because it's a motherly instinct that she just can't let go of, no matter what he's done in her eyes. It was lovely to see that, actually. But it was also lovely that it didn't go too far and they didn't make that the point where Zainab forgives Syed for everything. It was just a subtle touch - she went back in there for him and then she tended to him when they were sitting on the pavement outside. It was just a little touch, but it meant a lot and it was hopefully a sign that in the future, something is possible for them."

Is there anyone at EastEnders who you haven't really worked with but would like more scenes with?
    "I've never had any dialogue with Jake Wood - I've never done a scene with him, and he's one of the actors who I respect a lot on the show because he's just fantastic and clearly very dedicated to what he does, so it'd be fantastic to maybe get some scenes with Jake at some point. But it's all about what makes sense. I can't just go up and ask them to write a scene for me that doesn't make any sense whatsoever, so you leave it in the hands of the writers and you trust them to write what makes sense."

We've heard that you're a keen writer in your spare time - can you tell us a bit more about that?
    "Yes, I've had a wild imagination since I was young, and that's why I'm in this situation that I'm in today - living in someone else's shoes! For the last few years, I've enjoyed writing my own stuff since studying creative writing at school, and as I've grown up, I've realised how much I enjoy escaping into a world that I've created myself. So I've kept that up as a hobby. I keep a notebook of ideas and sometimes ideas form in your head that you just have to write down, or you'll forget them. I've got a few things on the go and hopefully one day it'll materialise into something. I'm good friends with Charlie G. Hawkins, who plays Darren, and we've recently talked about doing something together at some point. Perhaps we'll end up writing and directing a film - we'll see what happens."

Do you ever find yourself dreaming up storylines for Tamwar, or do you keep that separate?
    "I have a few ideas, but then I tend to step back and think, 'Does that make sense?' I think sometimes you can think up a story, but it's because you're comfortable doing that, but when you're an actor, one of the things that you have to do is take yourself out of your comfort zone. For me, the whole point of acting is to put yourself in someone else's shoes, so for me to think of things that I'm comfortable doing as Himesh would perhaps make me less of a character on screen. So perhaps I need to do things like the stand-up comedy - when I did that, it was terrifying for me because I thought I couldn't do it, but it's something that Tamwar would do. And the impressions as well - it's something that I would never dream of doing at this age, though I did do it when I was younger and that helped me to do it as Tamwar. I think that you've got to do things that you're not particularly comfortable with sometimes and that's what you get the most respect for. So I leave it to the writers to come up with the ideas - you can sometimes get a sense of fear, but then you've got to utilise that fear and use it in your performance."

We recently saw Kat and Tamwar have some screen time together - did you enjoy working with Jessie Wallace?
    "Yeah, it was great. It was fantastic because I'd had a few weeks off, and then when I came back, Kat and Alfie were quite established in the scripts and I'd walked into this new chapter of EastEnders. I wondered whether I'd get some scenes with them and then within a week, I had two scripts - one in which I had a scene with Shane, and one in which I had a scene with Jessie! They're both really lovely and it's great to work with them because they're two of the most memorable characters on EastEnders and they're from a time when I used to watch the show and wasn't in it! So to be working with them was fantastic and great fun."

Would you like Tamwar to have more scenes with Darren and Jodie?
    "I enjoy working with Charlie and we had a couple of scenes the other day in an episode and we've had a lot of compliments about it. I think it's because the friendship we have in real life reflects in the friendship that Tamwar and Darren have. It'll be interesting to see if we get a few more scenes and if Jodie becomes part of that."

Finally, what has working with Bryan Kirkwood been like?
    "It's been great. I've got a lot of respect for him - he's made some difficult decisions because he's had to deal with a lot since he came here, like Barbara and Lacey leaving and the whole Queen Vic fire. Having spoken to him in depth, I know that he's got some great ideas for the Masood family and for the show in general, so I'm just looking forward to whatever we've got next. Bryan seems like a really lovely guy - he asked for suggestions when I last spoke to him and I made a couple of suggestions that he took on board, so I think it's very important for an actor to be able to have that sort of relationship with their executive producer and the writers. I'm really looking forward to seeing whatever he does next!"

I've had a thought about Afia's dad. Maybe it's Amira's father?! would that make sense? I dont know if we have ever met any of her siblings and I know they kind of moved away but I got the picture she lived quite far out as well.

Also there have been rumours in mags lately that there is news about a birth from afar in Eastenders. That is one way everyone could find out that Amira has had Syed's baby.

Though thinking about it she was actually at the wedding, so we would most likely would have had idea before now. But maybe Tamwar didnt know?!
    Last edited by sean slater; 20-11-2010 at 16:18.

Himesh Patel has revealed that his EastEnders character Tamwar Masood will be plagued with worry in the coming weeks after finding himself at the centre of his family's financial problems.

Tonight's episode of the BBC soap will see Tamwar decide to marry his fiancée Afia Khan early, sneaking off for a secret wedding after becoming frustrated over his parents interfering in their relationship.

After tying the knot, Tamwar and Afia (Meryl Fernandes) will be reluctant to come clean over their surprise decision, but things get complicated as Zainab and Masood continue to spend money on the original wedding plans, despite the financial problems they are about to suffer in the wake of the Argee Bhajee roof collapse.

Speaking to We Love Telly about how the Masoods will react when they discover the wedding has already taken place, Patel commented: "With absolute fury! They will go absolutely insane."

Asked what is ahead for Tamwar as he wonders how to break the news, the actor replied: "A lot more guilt and a lot more worrying… The only reason his parents are having money problems is because they are paying for a wedding that doesn't need to happen anymore."

Patel recently admitted that Tamwar will be "disgusted" when Zainab and Masood ignore their estranged son Syed after he is injured in the roof collapse.

DS

EastEnders star Himesh Patel has confirmed that viewers will soon see the injuries that his character Tamwar Masood suffered in the Christmas B&B fire.

Tamwar suffered burns when he raced into the blaze last month, determined to save his wife Afia (Meryl Fernandes) as he thought she was inside.

Since then, Tamwar has been recovering in hospital - and an upcoming episode will see him show the scars that he now has on his back following his ordeal.

Patel told TV Times: "He doesn't want to show them to anyone and, when we do eventually see them, it won't be a sight for sore eyes."

Discussing his alter ego's current state of mind, the actor added: "He becomes more of the Tamwar we saw before [he married Afia] - the one that hardly ever smiles. He shuts himself off from everyone."

Tamwar and Afia's marriage has hit the rocks following the devastating events of Christmas, but next week's episodes see Zainab (Nina Wadia) desperately trying to reunite the pair.

EastEnders continues on Thursday at 7.30pm on BBC One.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (11-01-2012), Glen1 (11-01-2012)

EastEnders' Tamwar Masood receives a huge shock this week as his mother Zainab finally confesses the truth about last year's B&B blaze.

As Tamwar's troubled relationship with wife Afia (Meryl Fernandes) reaches breaking point, a concerned Zainab (Nina Wadia) tells her family that she's to blame for everything as she sent evil Yusef back into the burning building at Christmas.

The Masoods are rocked by Zainab's revelation as they realise that her actions didn't just cause Yusef's death, but also led to Tamwar's injuries on that fateful night.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Himesh Patel, who plays Tamwar, to hear about the aftermath of Zainab's confession.

Tamwar's had a tough couple of months in the aftermath of the B&B fire. How is he feeling?
    "The fire was just another one to add to the list of Tamwar's unfortunate events, really! It was particularly difficult as everything that happened with Yusef took place on one day - Tamwar found out that his wife had lied to him, then he ran into the fire and ended up in hospital.

"So Tamwar has started blaming the people around him for everything that's happened. I think he feels like everything's starting to fall apart a little bit, and he doesn't have anywhere to go or anywhere to escape to. He feels a bit trapped, betrayed and it's quite a dark time for him."

How are things between Tamwar and Afia?
    "Tamwar still blames Afia for not telling him what was happening between Yusef and Zainab. Tamwar feels that if he'd known, he could have stepped up to the plate, been the man of the house and dealt with Yusef himself.

"But he wasn't allowed to do that, because Afia lied to him, and that set in motion a terrible chain of events which led to him being hurt. So that's why a lot of Tamwar's anger and his hurt is directed towards Afia."

How much of the tension between them is due to Tamwar's insecurity over his scars?
    "That's probably factored into it a little bit, but it's always been that way with Tam. We've never really explored it too much, but he's never really been the kind of guy who's confident about the way he looks. He doesn't think he's good-looking and he's never been told that he is.

"I guess that got put by the wayside when he married Afia, as he'd found somebody who was willing to accept him for who he was. But now his old insecurities are being brought back to the surface."

Tamwar tries to leave Albert Square this week, doesn't he?
    "Yes. I think Tamwar's plan is to just get away from it all for a while - he isn't planning to walk away forever. But he feels like he needs to take a break from Walford.

"Tamwar only gets as far as the tube station, though, because Zainab finds out and she stops him from leaving. He then tries to explain to her what's going on, instead of just running away from his problems."

Zainab then tells the Masoods about how she sent Yusef back into the fire. How does Tamwar react?
    "It's a big confession to hear! It's pretty hurtful and it's just another slap in the face for Tam. He's had so much betrayal as it is, and this is yet another thing that someone's been hiding from him.

"The root cause of Tamwar's problems at the moment is people hiding things from him, and him not knowing quite why. Nobody seems to think that he's responsible enough to know what's going on, and that fuels his inferiority complex. He feels like people just treat him like a child, so this adds to his woes."

What does Afia think about Zainab's confession?
    "Afia is very angry to begin with. She decides to just walk out, but Tam persuades her to stay and they talk it through. In a way, their arguments cancel each other out. Afia's saying, 'Your mum sent my dad into a fire', but Tamwar's saying, 'Well, your dad set my mum on fire!'

"They end up coming to the conclusion that there's just no point dwelling on it now, as what's happened has happened and Yusef got his comeuppance in a way."

Is it important to you that Tamwar and Afia have a strong future together?
    "It'd be nice to see, but you just never know what's round the corner. It's difficult to mend a relationship when the foundations are so broken to begin with. It'll be tough for them, but they'll try to get through it. We'll just have to see whether they're successful or not. I hope they are, but you just never know!"

This week also sees Amira leave Walford. Were you sad to say goodbye to Preeya Kalidas?
    "I was, but I was sad to say goodbye to her last time and then she was back! Who knows whether she'll be back again? I didn't work with her very much, but whenever I did, it was very enjoyable and we'd have a laugh. Preeya's a lovely person and I'm sure she'll do well in her other ventures."

Zainab and Christian also make some big progress with a heart-to-heart this week, don't they?
    "Yes, it's the one big positive thing to come out of this situation. People have been waiting for it, and it comes out of nowhere - it happens naturally rather than anybody trying to force it. Hopefully it will last. We all know Zainab can flip her viewpoint at any time! I don't think anyone thinks it's set in stone, but it's nice to see it happening at all."

It feels a bit like a chapter is closing for the Masoods now. Can we expect another big year for them? How much have you heard?
    "I haven't heard an awful lot, but we had a huge Christmas and we're really grateful that we had that opportunity. We'll have to see what happens! One chapter is closing in a way, but there's still a lot of unanswered questions and loose ends to tie up. I'm sure there'll be excitement and a lot of interesting things happening to the family over the year."

After penning an episode of EastEnders: E20 last year, do you have any other writing projects on the go?
    "Charlie G Hawkins and I are working together on stuff at the moment. If they do another series of E20, which we hope they'll do, then fingers crossed they'll invite us back to write another episode of that, because we'd love to. We've also got ideas for a lot of other things, but we keep our cards quite close to our chests. You'll hear about it whenever it does happen!"

Where would you like Tamwar to go next? Is there anything you haven't explored with him so far that you'd like to?
    "I think we've seen a lot more of Tamwar's character over the last couple of years, because of Afia coming in and everything that's happened to him since then. It's been a dark time in his life, so we've seen his temper, the anger and the pain.

"It seems to be manifesting itself even more now, so I think it'd be interesting to see Tamwar go down an even darker path. But in doing that, I don't want to lose the essence of Tamwar, which is that he's a pretty decent human being at the end of the day. I don't think he'd go too dark, but it would be interesting to see another side to his character."

EastEnders star Himesh Patel has warned that the Masood clan's troubles are not yet over.

The family appear to reach a turning point in tonight's (March 8) episode, agreeing to a fresh start after their experiences with evil Yusef and the destructive B&B fire.

However, speaking on This Morning today, Patel - who plays Tamwar - revealed that scenes are still being filmed which explore the aftermath of the Masoods' difficult times.

"There's so many loose ends to tie up, so we're still exploring it," he explained. "But it does move on."

Tamwar is currently feeling insecure about the scars on his back after being caught up in last year's blaze. His wife Afia (Meryl Fernandes) was seen looking up plastic surgery websites in a bid to help him earlier this week.

© BBC

© BBC

Patel added: "He's a bit hurt. He thinks that his wife doesn't like the way he looks and she wants to change him. But I think she just wants him to feel better about himself, because she can see what it's doing to him."

Asked about taking off his shirt for the scenes showing Tamwar's scars, he replied: "When we filmed that, it was early morning and it was freezing. We were in the corner of the studio where the draught comes in. I didn't enjoy it at all!
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

EastEnders star Himesh Patel has revealed Tamwar Masood is to strike up a "bromance" with friend Fatboy after his wife leaves him.
    Tamwar is left broken-hearted when Afia quits Albert Square, insisting she's not happy settling in Walford. But Himesh told Inside Soap magazine his character's pal Fatboy will support him.
    Himesh said: "I think Tam and Fatboy are set to have a lot more scenes together, which is great. Fatboy is good at cheering people up."
    The 21-year-old actor is looking forward to working more with Ricky Norwood, who plays Fatboy, but admitted Tamwar will be heartbroken for some time to come.
    He said: "If I was Tamwar's friend, I'd be useless at helping him cope. We'd end up being depressed
    "We're not going to see Tamwar smiling for a long while. But he still has his sense of humour - it often comes out when he's having the worst time. The writers have always written really good lines for Tamwar in that vein, so I've got that to look forward to."

EastEnders star Himesh Patel has revealed that his character Tamwar Masood will be sharing more scenes with Nancy Carter over the coming months.

Tamwar has grown closer to Nancy (Maddy Hill) since she arrived in Walford earlier this year, leaving viewers to speculate over whether a romance could be on the cards.

Patel told Inside Soap: "I have been filming a lot with Maddy Hill, who plays Nancy.

"The two characters are having a lot more to do with one another right now, so who knows if their friendship might lead to something more in the future? You'll just have to wait and see."

Hill has also backed a potential romance between Nancy and Tamwar recently, saying: " I think they're just very good friends at the moment. I don't think that Nancy sees it that way, but maybe she hasn't grown up enough yet.

"Maybe she's not looking for a relationship, and if she's not looking for a relationship, she's not going to appreciate a good one that's there in her face.

"She'd have to be ready to enter into something with Tamwar as she'd only do it if she was very serious about him."

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-09-2014), Glen1 (04-09-2014), lizann (03-09-2014)

Thread Information