Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Kelly Windsor (Adele Silva)

Former Emmerdale star Adele Silva turned down the chance to return to the soap after discovering she was pregnant.

The Kelly Windsor actress revealed how she decided against returning to the ITV show after discovering she was expecting her first child following a string of miscarriages.

Adele Silva
    © Getty Images / Ben Pruchnie
    Adele Silva

Silva revealed that she turned down the chance to return to the soap for her on-screen sister Donna's funeral in order to focus on the pregnancy.

Speaking to Hello! magazine, she said: "I want this to be a success story. It sounds awful but I wasn't remotely excited before my five-month scan.

"I didn't want to think about it just in case it was bad news. Now I'm excited but I always touch wood. I know I'm extremely lucky to get this far."

Silva has played Kelly intermittently since 1993 and last appeared in the soap in 2011.

Viewers saw a terminally-ill Donna fall to her death in a multi-storey car park over the summer following a showdown with villain Gary North.

Shame, I have always liked her character but wish her all the best for her pregnancy
    Last edited by Perdita; 24-11-2014 at 11:52.

After seven years away from the village, ex-Emmerdale star Adele Silva is eyeing a comeback.

Adele was last seen as bad girl Kelly Windsor in 2011, when she left the Dales to start a new life in America with her son Elliot.

But after a couple of back and forths, Elliot has resided with his dad Jimmy King and family since 2016 – but Kelly is still yet to visit.

Speaking to the Daily Star at Mecca Bingo's Celebrity Stories, Adele joked that it's "disgusting" Kelly hasn't returned to see her son yet.

The actress previously missed out on a chance to return to the show in 2014, when her on-screen sister Donna tragically died.

At the time she was filming a guest role on Casualty for the BBC.

Kelly Windsor (Adele Silva), Bob Hope (Tony Audenshaw), Marlon Dingle (Marc Charnock)
    © ITV

Speaking about her time in Emmerdale, which began way back in 1993, Adele said: "I was 14 when I first joined and was quiet for those first couple of years as I was still at school.

"When I got to 16 I had an affair with a school teacher and that was it, Kelly was unleashed. After that she pretty much went through most of the men in the village.

"There were vicars, my step-brother and of course Jimmy."

Since leaving Emmerdale in 2011, Adele had a guest role in Hollyoaks – as Angela Brown, a woman who tried to adopt Peri Lomax's baby.

Adele Silva as Angela Brown in Hollyoaks
    © LIME PICTURES

But Kelly was by far the actress's favourite role.

"Kelly really is the best character to play. I used to get to say and do things that you wouldn't dream of saying or doing in real life," she said.

"She's not been killed off and her son is still in the village being looked after by Jimmy, so we always say never say never."

Digital Spy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (16-04-2018)

is kelly working with juliette, helping?

on line rumours of her returning

Thread Information