Thread: Paul O'Grady Live

Paul O'Grady Live

I've never been a great fan of Paul O'Grady but I could be persuaded: www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE88U5CocpM

CAMP comic Paul O'Grady's primetime chat show has been axed — as ITV bosses line him up for a judge's role on Britain's Got Talent.

The broadcaster had originally ordered a third series of Paul O'Grady Live to air on Friday nights, but have since changed their minds.

The move comes after ratings were lower than both Wirral-born Paul and ITV expected.

The first series averaged 3.7million in 2010 but this year's run pulled in a disappointing 3.4million.

However, there is space on the ITV1 summer juggernaut's judging panel alongside Amanda Holden after funnyman Michael McIntyre quit and bosses decided not to ask David Hasselhoff back.

Speaking of O'Grady's series, a source told TV Biz: "The show was good and they were pleased with it but it just didn't pull its weight in the ratings. Paul isn't upset, it was a joint decision.

Lily Savage creator O'Grady, 56, is said to be a big fan of Britain's Got Talent.

The source added: "Bosses have never made a secret of wanting him on that show. It could turn out to be a perfect fit for him."

Remaining BGT judge Amanda is pregnant and due to give birth in the new year, when filming takes place. But she has vowed not to quit and plans to work the schedule around her baby.

Amanda, who has a five-year-old daughter, Lexi, said: "I've been that told my seat is safe but the dates may clash.

"But we'll work something out. I've been told by all the right people I'm safe on it."

And she joked that show boss Simon Cowell wouldn't dare sack her now that she's expecting.

She added: "They'll work round me.

"But what kind of man would he have to be to sack a pregnant woman? I could probably sue him!"

That's a shame I like Paul 's show but he would make a great judge on BGT

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information