Thread: Happy birthday 'Hollyoaks'!

Happy birthday 'Hollyoaks'!

If you didn't already know, today is a special day for Hollyoaks as it's now officially 15 years young!

Launched on October 23, 1995 as a weekly drama with just seven main cast members, the show has since undergone significant expansion to become the soap we know today - benefiting from a higher budget, airing five episodes per week and featuring around 50 regular characters.

Now regarded as one of the UK's 'Big Four' serials, there have certainly been times when the drama has given its rivals a run for their money in terms of awards and critical acclaim - partly thanks to its determination not to shy away from the big issues.

Of course, the programme has also maintained its unique blend of humour and fun over the years, as well as never being afraid to experiment when it comes to storytelling and filming styles.

Hollyoaks' milestone isn't being officially recognised on screen, as series producer Paul Marquess confirmed back in May that the show will instead be focusing on its 'Sweet 16' celebrations next year.

However, the achievement of reaching the 15-year mark is coinciding with an exciting time for the programme, with Hollyoaks Later returning to E4 on Monday, a shock fire storyline about to change life in the village forever, Ste and Brendan's new plot getting everyone talking in the past week - and of course one of Hollyoaks' most memorable characters making an unexpected return very soon…

After 15 years on the air, it's clear that Hollyoaks must be doing something right - so why not share some of your favourite memories with us? Which storylines and characters have you enjoyed most over the years? Why do you think the show has lasted so long? And are you excited about what the future holds for Hollyoaks?

Jezzo I remember the early days of Hollyoaks with Tony, Jambo, Lewis, Lucy and co. Happy days.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information