Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard)

Coronation Street star Beverley Callard has married her partner Jon McEwan.

The actress, who plays Liz McDonald in the ITV1 soap, wed McEwan at the Hazelwood Castle Hotel near Leeds yesterday, the Daily Mail reports. The couple confirmed their engagement in June.

Guests at the ceremony included Alison King, who plays Carla Connor, Charles Lawson (Jim MCDonald) and Ryan Thomas (Jason Grimshaw).

Callard announced earlier this month that she will be leaving Coronation Street in the New Year.

She may be leaving Coronation Street, but Beverley Callard has assured fans that she won't be disappearing off the face of the earth.

The actress, who plays pub landlady Liz McDonald, will be saying goodbye to the famous cobbles next year so she can focus on her new marriage to Jon McEwan - but promises not to desert viewers.

"I bet everybody thinks I'll be going into a panto, but I have bigger plans than that - I am definitely not doing that," she told OK! magazine.

"I have a couple of projects which are very exciting. I do want to go back on stage and I will definitely do that. I want a live audience again."

She added: "I just feel like I've got to give this special relationship with Jon and my marriage a chance. I'm not saying I'll never go back though, but it will be so lovely just spending time together - going away and not having to learn lines all the time."

Bev is thrilled about her forthcoming exit, although she doesn't know how bosses will write her off.

"There are some really exciting plans in the pipeline and I can't wait to read the scripts to find out what they have in store for me," she said.

"But it won't be a tram on my head - unless they've decided to do that and they've not told me!"

Liz McDonald will exit 'Coronation Street' as part of a "massive" storyline.

Actress Beverley Callard - who has played the bolshie barmaid on and off for over 20 years - won't rule out playing Liz again, and teased that her alter-ego may not be the only character saying goodbye to the ITV1 soap in the new year.

She exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "I'm not saying I'll never play Liz again, they're not killing her off and they do want her to come back.

"It's a fantastic exit and it's absolutely massive, but Liz may not be leaving on her own!"

Despite being pleased to leave behind the show's "relentless schedule", Beverley admitted choosing whether to leave 'Coronation Street' was an "agonising decision" because she gets on so well with her fellow cast members.

She explained: "It really was an agonising decision to leave. I gave my notice in the summer and my exit will be at the start of next year. I've just got married, I want more time at home because it's such a relentless schedule.

"It was a massive decision because you know you've got a regular paycheque and you're working with all your best friends. Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald), Katherine Kelly (Becky McDonald), Kym Marsh (Michelle Connor) and I work together every day - I'll be very emotional saying goodbye to them. The tears will most certainly be flowing."

I would like to see her with Jim
    Last edited by Perdita; 14-12-2010 at 16:54.

Coronation Street star Beverley Callard has admitted that she would not be able to resist the opportunity to join rival soap EastEnders.

The actress - set to bow out as Rovers Return landlady Liz McDonald in the New Year - recently filmed scenes in Albert Square's Queen Vic for Children In Need special East Street, which saw the residents of Weatherfield descend on Walford and vice versa.

Among the humorous moments featured in East Street was the surprise 'revelation' that Liz is the biological mother of Walford favourite Kat Moon (Jessie Wallace).

Speaking to The Mirror, Callard explained: "I loved working with Jessie Wallace - I adore her. It was hard not to get the giggles. We were shooting a piece of history. I felt honoured."

Asked whether she would sign up for a Walford stint for real, she replied: "I could not say no. I'd give it a go - just for a while. I'd love to go back and play Kat's mum."

Callard announced her decision to leave Coronation Street in October, and Liz's departure is expected to air in the early part of 2011.

Discussing what is in store, Callard said: "My exit is fantastic. I don't die so Liz will be back. After I handed my notice in, I didn't know if they were going to kill Liz off or not, but they said they would like me to come back. I agonised over leaving because I love Coronation Street. But I want to go on stage and I have exciting plans."

Beverley Callard has admitted that she "agonised" over her decision to quit Coronation Street.

The actress, who plays Rovers Return landlady Liz McDonald, announced that she was leaving the ITV soap in October.

Speaking on Lorraine, Callard told guest-host Fiona Phillips: "Well, as you know I've just got married a few weeks ago and I agonised about it long and hard, because in this business it is difficult to get a regular paycheque."

"I love [Corrie] and I will always be loyal to it," she said. "I just needed to have a break from that relentless schedule, really. I want to spend a bit more time with John and a bit more time babysitting my grandsons and everything.

Callard, who recently revealed that her exit plot will be "massive", added: "I go back in the New Year to film my exit. I can't tell you what it is - I'm not allowed! It's really exciting.

"I want everyone to miss me. I'm not saying I'll never play Liz again... I don't think they are going to kill her!"

Liz McDonald

What has happened to Liz? She was "in the back" "at the hairdressers" "gone to Spain". Has she just not turned up for work and upset the storylines?
    What has happened about Jim coming to see her and getting a beating from Owens cronies, it seems to have been forgotten about.
    Why has she now "gone to Spain", I don't remember any reason in the story for this?

I'm not sure, I've been wondering the same. Does anyone know what's happened to Liz McDonald?

Is she in Spain with Andy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizziexmas View Post
    Is she in Spain with Andy?
    I think she's supposed to be, yes.

I have heard Steve mention his mother was in Spain, but don't remember seeing the story leading up to this. They appear to have been making excuses as to why she is not there, hence, "in the back" "having her hair done" etc, as if they have been caught on the hop, and it looks like they have had to drop other storylines because she is not there.
    Has she quit and dropped them in it.
    Last edited by Snagglepus; 05-01-2011 at 16:58.

Thread Information