Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelley And Charlie

they need to realise for themselves though--- it will happen in time. my mother married this bloke knowing full well what he was like, it was over 9 moths later after a particularly nasty incident. he peomised to change, but she couldnt risk, hers, mine or ickle bros safety, it was rubbish for a long time but we pulled though with support from my family and friends

it will get better i promise xxx
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 14-06-2005 at 18:50.

It really angers me to see a very intelligent girl almost a prisoner in her own home, he made her sell her car and now is trying to get her to sell her house so they can both move into something smaller (downsizing he calls it). Its her OWN house and he tells anyone who listens its his. He has made her totally dependent on him
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

it happened to my mum, she had my bro, and developed a bad back- didnt go back to work for years, but she though it was fine because he was funding us in part, but she realised comfort doesnt make you or your kids happy

i hated him from the start, thought he was a moron, mum just put my attitude down to being a teenager, but i was proved right, a violent nasty piece of work

i swear your friend will see sense... it just might take a while, just support her all you can xx
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 14-06-2005 at 18:59.

why do we need to change

change what??

This storyline is getting worse by the episode. It's totally dire!

Someone with agorophobia could well stay in their room for weeks, especially if there was a bar full of people downstairs!
    Think tonights episode, Monday June 20th, was well acted particularly by Shelley. I have been where she is now, have been in a restaurant or supermarket and wanted to get out like right away! I am agorophobic myself, to explain, although much better nowadays. I have never suffered any sort of abuse by a man though, quite the contrary.
    The feeling of panic is quite overwhelming, it completely takes over your life as it has Shelly's. Its a wonder that nobody has suggested Shelly needs medical help though!
    It is a subject which needs to be brought out in the open, so that people who have it can get help.

It also has a slightly sadisic comedy side to it as well as all the wickedness involved in Charlie manipulating Shelley into getting to bar her mother from the pub. I nearled p'd myself laughing when she still couldn't face the pub and Charlie found out she was still stuck in her room (in tonight's episode) He walked in and went: "3,2,1 & your back in the room". That Paul McKenna/Derren Brown/Little Britain line was highly amusing. Well for me it was anyway!

Emma I missed that bit while I went to get a cup of tea, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Walford Queen
    This storyline is getting worse by the episode. It's totally dire!
    Much as I hate to disagree with YOU WQ. I think this story is building up into a fantastic climax. Its so realistic, even down to the asshole taking Shelley out to a posh restaurant and he had no money with him, the sooner Charlie gets his comeuppance the better
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information