Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spooks - series 9 spoilers

Episode 7 1st November

Spoiler:
    Ruth Evershed is approached by official council snooper Keith Deery, who claims to have uncovered covert activity. While following a woman under surveillance for minor offences, he witnesses a "dead drop" message left on a park bench, but Ruth brushes off his claims as nonsense.

However, Ruth later discovers that Deery has applied to MI5 four times but was rejected due to mental instability following his wife's death. Having recently been reminded of the life she left behind in Greece, Ruth is empathetic to his circumstances and starts to question her original dismissiveness. Her Section D colleague, Dimitri, advises her to trust her instincts and follow up the potential lead.

Ruth heads to Deery's flat as Dimitri is sent to look into the death of a Mafia leader whose body has been uncovered on a boat on the Thames. Arriving at Deery's seemingly empty flat, Ruth is greeted by Gilles Rigaut, ex-French Foreign Legion and known contract killer. Rigaut is interrogating Deery and viciously attacks Ruth to discover what she knows.

As Dimitri pieces the complicated jigsaw together he realises that Ruth has become embroiled in something very dangerous and the team quickly rush to her aid. However, at Deery's flat things are already out of hand and untrained Deery is forced into a terrifying decision when Ruth's life is put in jeopardy.

Elsewhere, Lucas North's past finally comes crashing down on him as he comes face to face with Harry Pearce in a confrontation that will change Section D for ever.

Spoiler:
    /Warner Bros confirms 'Hobbit' cast

Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage have been confirmed to star in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit.

In a statement, Warner Bros verified rumours that Sherlock star Freeman will portray Bilbo Baggins in the J.R.R. Tolkien adaptation, which will be split across two films.

Spooks star Armitage has landed the role of Thorin Oakenshield, the Company of Dwarves' leader who attempts to reclaim the Lonely Mountain from the dragon.

Director Jackson said: "Despite the various rumours and speculation surrounding this role, there has only ever been one Bilbo Baggins for us.

"There are a few times in your career when you come across an actor who you know was born to play a role, but that was the case as soon as I met Martin. He is intelligent, funny, surprising and brave - exactly like Bilbo - and I feel incredibly proud to be able to announce that he is our Hobbit."

On Armitage, Jackson added: "Richard is one of the most exciting and dynamic actors working on screen today and we know he is going to make an amazing Thorin Oakensheild. We cannot wait to start this adventure with him and feel very lucky that one of the most beloved characters in Middle-earth is in such good hands."

Being Human's Aidan Turner and Rob Kazinsky, who played Sean Slater in EastEnders, complete the Company of Dwarves as Kili and Fili respectively.

"Adian is a wonderfully gifted young actor who hails from Ireland," Jackson added. "I'm sure he will bring enormous heart and humour to the role of Kili.

"Rob is an extremely talented young actor with a huge career in front of him. I'm thrilled that he has agreed to take on the role of Fili. Besides his talent as an actor, Rob is also a champion sword fighter - I'm looking forward to seeing the damage he can do to a horde of marauding goblins!"

Also appearing in the movies are 24's Graham McTavish as Dwalin, John Callen from Power Rangers Jungle Fury as Oin, All Saints' Stephen Hunter as Bombur, King Kong actor Mark Hadlow as Dori, and Peter Hambleton from The Strip as Gloin.

The films, to be produced by Jackson, Fran Walsh and Carolynne Cunningham, are scheduled for release in December 2012 and December 2013.
    Last edited by Chloe O'brien; 22-10-2010 at 19:03.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Kath, your spoiler tags needs to have the / at the end to work. I almost had a heart attack, thought I was reading Spooks spoilers.
    Last edited by Abigail; 22-10-2010 at 18:44.
    Thanks CrazyLea

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (22-10-2010)

At least we have an idea who's gonna meet the grim reaper next.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information