Thread: Emily's House

Emily's House

Going back a bit, Emily took out an equity release on her house with Richard Hillman. She gave the money to Spider who set up a business. What was the outcome of this, who owns the house? Did Richard Hillman have the deeds. Would these then belong to Gail? Or did Emily pay the money back? Who to?
    At the same time, the Duckworths lost their money in his scam investment business. I would imagine it was their money he paid to Emily.
    Did Emily end up quids in with the money and the house back, and the Duckworths losers.
    Was any of this ever resolved, or did the story just fizzle out.

Welcome to Soapboards, Snagglepus.

I'm afraid I didn't watch Corrie at the time of Richard Hillman so can't answer your question, but I did have a little search and found this at http://www.corrie.net/profiles/chara...n_richard.html:

"Richard was getting desperate with the bank threatening bankruptcy. He decided that, since Emily's house was owned by his company and he would get the house and subsequently the money from it's sale at her death, he would just bring along that death a little early."

On another website, http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Emily_Bishop:

"As her house was owned by Richard's company, Emily was worried that the escapade would leave her homeless, but fortunately this was not the case and Emily retained ownership of the house."

So it seems Emily now owns her house, though I'm not sure how that came to pass.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 23-09-2010 at 12:58.

Thread Information