Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Debbie Dingle

Last edited by tammyy2j; 09-05-2014 at 17:48.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Cameron was fine until he got with Debbie though

Surely she could hire a PI why would the police check into Pete for her?
    Because you can now legally get police checks if you suspect somebody has a history of domestic violence under Clare's Law

Clare's Law:

The aim of this scheme is to give members of the public a formal
    mechanism to make enquires about an individual who they are in a
    relationship with or who is in a relationship with someone they
    know, and there is a concern that the individual may be abusive
    towards their partner.
    If police checks show that the individual has a record of abusive
    offences, or there is other information to indicate the person you
    know is at risk, the police will consider sharing this information with
    the person(s) best placed to protect the potential victim.
    Your local police force will discuss your concerns with you
    and decide whether it is appropriate for you to be given more
    information to help protect the person who is in the relationship
    with the individual you are concerned about.
    The scheme aims to enable potential victims to make an informed
    choice on whether to continue the relationship, and provides help
    and support to assist the potential victim when making that
    informed choice.
    Last edited by Perdita; 10-05-2014 at 09:03.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (10-05-2014)

Last edited by Perdita; 10-05-2014 at 09:03.

Debbie Dingle will consider turning against her own mother Charity next week in order to keep her boyfriend Pete Barton out of prison.

Debbie vows to choose Pete over Charity after he is tasked with getting the scheming blonde to confess to her involvement in last year's arson incident at Home Farm.

As previously reported, Pete will soon be charged with manslaughter after it emerges that his drug dealing led to a young girl's death.

Just when things look bleak for Pete, however, he is shocked further when DI Bails tries to strike a deal with him.

Pete hears that he could escape a prison sentence if he helps the police to secure a confession from Charity over her own crimes. Uncomfortable over the offer, Pete soon tells Debbie how he has been asked to trap her ruthless mother.

Charley Webb, who plays Debbie, explained: "Debbie is really shocked. When she's slept on it, her reaction is that there has to be another way.

"At that moment, I don't think there's any part of Debbie thinking that the right thing to do is to drop Charity in it."

Despite this, Debbie later has a surprising change of heart when she learns that Charity has teamed up with Ross Barton and Aaron Livesy to steal cars and sell on the parts. Unhappy that Charity has already gone back to her old ways, Debbie decides that Pete has to come first.

Webb added: "When Debbie hears about the cars, she thinks 'that's it now' and she doesn't owe Charity anything. Debbie is constantly looking out for Charity and doesn't get anything back.

"Debbie then has to persuade Pete to go along with the police's plan. Her idea is to record Charity and if they've got something on tape, they can use it. The police say that wouldn't be enough, so then Debbie thinks they can force Charity into confessing."

However, Webb warned that Debbie could possibly get cold feet as the reality of betraying her mum hits home.

She said: "It's a big thing and maybe when Debbie's had time to think about it, it might just all get a little bit too much!"

So there is a possibility Charity's comeuppance isnt over?

Double post
    Last edited by TaintedLove; 20-11-2014 at 19:07.

I don`t understand why the police are using Pete to get to Charity. Surely they have enough evidence against Charity already with the video confession from Declan?
    And Charity slipped up to her part in the insurance scam to her lawyer, that`s why she wouldn`t represent her. Surely they can subpoena that lawyer to admit that Charity confessed to the lawyer, then retracted. Charity said something like "it wasn`t just me it was Declan too'.
    If Charity doesn`t see jail time in her part in this - I will be livid.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (20-11-2014)

Kate Oates has revealed that there is a new twist ahead in Debbie Dingle's love triangle with Barton brothers Pete and Ross.

Debbie (Charley Webb) has attempted to settle down with Pete in recent months, but fans know that she also has a spark with the farmer's bad boy sibling.

An upcoming episode will see Debbie cause chaos for the Barton clan when she spreads their darkest secret, letting the villagers know that Emma tried to kill Ross when he was a baby.

Oates told ITV's This Morning: "A lot of people know that we've got a bit of a love triangle brewing between Debbie, Pete and Ross.

"Debbie's really happy with Pete at the moment, but she's about to make a huge mistake and blow the family secret. She's about to tell everybody what Emma did to Ross when he was a baby.

"Not only does that really hurt Ross, it also makes him think that she owes him. When he gets himself into some serious trouble with some serious ne'er-do-wells, there's only one person he's going to turn to for his 'girl Friday'. The question is, is Debbie going to help him out or not?"

In the meantime, viewers will also see a possible romance brew between Ross and show returnee Carly Hope (Gemma Atkinson) next week after Emma tries to set them up.

Emmerdale fans can expect more twists for Debbie Dingle's love life as she soon finds herself torn between her current partner Pete Barton and his younger brother Ross once again.

Next week's episodes see Debbie cause big trouble for the Bartons by exposing how Ross's mum Emma tried to kill him when he was a baby. Shocked that she could be so indiscreet, Ross soon retaliates by tricking Debbie into helping him with a dodgy job which would earn him £10,000.

When things start to go wrong for Ross and Debbie while out on the job, they have to hide away in a hotel room for their own safety - causing sparks to fly between them as they get some time alone.

Here, Charley Webb - who plays Debbie - reveals details of the drama in store.

Why does Debbie blow the Bartons' dark family secret at The Woolpack next week?
    "Debbie and Emma absolutely do not get on after Emma spends the night with James. At first Debbie actually talked Ross into giving her a chance. Debbie knew all the background and was quite supportive, but now she sees certain things in Emma.

"There's just a couple of little evil things that Emma does and Debbie works her out quite quickly. She sees Emma watching James and Chas a lot, so she thinks that's weird. She knows something is not quite right here.

"Debbie basically blurts out the Bartons' secret during an argument because Emma is fuelling it. Debbie warns Emma that she knows what's going on, but Emma tries to play her at her own game and says, 'You think you've got Pete where you want him. Well, you haven't. I might just mess it up for you!' Debbie just really loses it and goes for it. Emma tries to claim Debbie's not a good mum and that's just the final straw. It just comes out of her mouth."

How does Debbie react when Ross ropes her into a dodgy scheme later in the week?
    "Debbie is furious because she hasn't got a clue what's going on. She thinks they're just going to deal with a breakdown, so she's not very happy about that. Debbie is never that happy anyway, but she's very annoyed about this!

"Debbie very much likes to be in control, so when she's not, she doesn't like it. I think Ross brings that element to her life where a bit of control has been taken away from her, so she's not that impressed."

Who do you think Debbie should be with? Ross or Pete?
    "That's a really hard question because they're so different. Pete gives Debbie that sense of security and she's happy with him. He brings a lot to her life that she's never had, I suppose. He's that person that she can always go to, so he's safe.

"Ross is the excitement - he's the person that's a bit more like her and maybe a bit more like her dad, so that's what attracts her to him. Obviously the safer option is the better option in the long run, because it's more security for her kids and her future, but who knows?"

Has Debbie forgiven Ross for the time he rejected her and left her humiliated?
    "No, but I think that was very much a control thing for Ross. Debbie has always had the control and I think he was just playing her at her own game a little bit. She knew that.

"There's always something with Debbie and Ross - there's chemistry. So it just depends which life she chooses - whether or not she's going to go for the safe option, or maybe somebody that she's got a little bit more excitement with."

Do you hope Debbie might have learned her lesson with bad boys?
    "No, that's boring! Who wants to learn their lesson? I think it would be boring if she was just happy forever - it's not as interesting."

So do Ross and Debbie cross a line when they're shut in a hotel room together as part of this scam?
    "It does come very close. There's a bit of a line that is crossed. They get to the point where it could just happen, but I think Ross blows it. He gets a little bit too serious with Debbie and that snaps her back into reality somehow. She's like, 'Oh my God, what am I doing here? This is wrong.'

"But before he does that, she's kind of getting carried away with it a bit. It could have happened. If the wording had been different, maybe they might have done it. It just goes a bit far for her and then she's like 'woah'."

Why do Debbie and Pete later get engaged?
    "Debbie and Pete get engaged just after the job at the hotel. She's still very confused about her feelings. She's kind of put them to one side and was just trying to get on with Pete and move on. Ross had Donna at that point, so it was kind of easy for her to do that.

"Obviously the situation has now changed. When it all happens in the hotel, Debbie knows what her feelings are and she's scared of them. When she gets back home and she's in her domestic situation and she sees what she's done - or what she could have done - she just thinks, 'I have to make a decision now. Do I go for it or do I play it safe?'

"She asks Pete a question about what he would do with some money and he basically gives her every right answer. It's all about looking after Debbie and protecting the kids and the family. She just makes this decision in her mind where she's like, 'Right, that's it. I should be with you. You are what I need. You're the whole package'.

"That's why she goes for it. It's because she's scared of what she's really feeling. She thinks if she secures that and proposes to him then that's it - she can't make a mess with Ross."

That's not going to make her feelings for Ross go away though, is it?
    "No, absolutely not. Those feelings are right there and that's why she does all this. She just thinks she needs to secure something in her mind. Pete is the security and that's what she needs to go for. She's just trying to fight off every feeling for Ross, but every time she moves he's just there."

Are you looking forward to having some juicier storylines again?
    "Yes, I've had quite a lot of time off just to have a bit of a break from being so manic and busy, but now it seems to be bang right back into it. It's one thing after another so you're just trying to get your head back into that!

"I've had a break and I've recharged my batteries a little bit. After the siege storyline, I was so exhausted that I think it was just time to chill for a little bit and have a bit of mum time, but we've had quite a lot of good stuff now.

"I think what's interesting with Ross and Debbie is there's so much to explore with them. When you put them together, they can almost do anything. Sometimes when you put two characters together, there's not much you can do with them because one of them is a bit safe - that's what it is with Debbie and Pete. They're what you see as the happy couple, but then the other side of that is Debbie and Ross have always got something exciting going on."

Who do viewers want Debbie to pick?
    "I really think it's 50/50. I think viewers have invested in the character of Debbie, so the ones who want to see her happy are like, 'Go with Pete'. The ones who want it to be more exciting say that she needs to choose Ross.

"It's interesting that at the moment it is still 50/50. We haven't done anything together for a long time, so the fact that they've still got Debbie and Ross in their minds is interesting. The Donna stuff was so big that I kind of thought Debbie and Ross would be over. It will definitely be interesting to see after the hotel stuff what comes after and who the viewers pick, because it is very different after that."

Emmerdale have promised a big summer storyline this year. Do you know your involvement yet?
    "Yeah! It's going to be very big and very interesting, Let's just say holidays are a no-go for me over this summer!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (14-04-2015), maidmarian (14-04-2015)

Emmerdale star Charley Webb has predicted that fans will continue to be split on who her character Debbie Dingle should be with.

Dramatic scenes over the coming months will see Debbie at the centre of the action in the lead-up to her wedding, as she finds herself torn between her fiancé Pete Barton and his bad boy brother Ross.

Discussing who the viewers want Debbie to be with, Webb said: "It is 50/50 at the moment and it is quite mixed, but I think since the audience have seen the hotel scam with Debbie and Ross, I think they quite enjoyed that.

"They saw the chemistry and I think they found it quite exciting. So I would say at the moment that they maybe are going with Ross because it's more exciting, but hopefully they will be in turmoil over who they want her to be with."

Webb also admitted that while she thinks Debbie should opt to stay with Pete, she can understand why she is tempted by Ross.

She said: "I think it's really hard because I think she should be with Pete because he is the person who is going to give her the stability and safety and he will the best for her family and kids.

"But then Ross brings this excitement to her life which she likes. There are pros and cons to both, but obviously the safe decision would be to stay with Pete."

ITV soap boss John Whiston recently teased that Debbie will be on a collision course of passion as her wedding gets closer.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (20-05-2015), tammyy2j (20-05-2015)

Thread Information