Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Debbie Dingle

hope cameron kills her off for good this time

Emmerdale star Charley Webb has hinted that there could be a new romance on the horizon for her troubled character Debbie Dingle.

Debbie's love life has been a disaster in the past two years due to her on-off relationship with serial killer Cameron Murray, played by Dominic Power.

Speaking at an Emmerdale press conference yesterday (October 10), Webb suggested that Debbie may not be single for long after turning her back on Cameron.

Webb explained: "There's always somebody, isn't there? I'm quite excited to see who the next one is, actually. I kind of know but I'm not going to give it away.

"I don't know it fully. I'm very excited. It'll be interesting to see who. Hopefully somebody nice maybe. That'll never happen, but we'll see!"

The actress added that she would be disappointed if Debbie manages to get her life back on track for good in the coming months.

She laughed: "Being happy's boring!"
    Last edited by alan45; 11-10-2013 at 02:20.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

^ Adam or Dom I think

I bet it`s one of the new Barton boys. Although knowing Debbie, she`d go for the Dad of the Barton boys.

Debbie Dingle gets a glimpse of how strongly Pete Barton feels for her next week when he goes to great lengths to protect her.

After Debbie has been arrested for assaulting a male customer, Pete (Anthony Quinlan) successfully resolves the situation by threatening him into dropping the charges.

Here, Charley Webb - who plays Debbie - offers her thoughts on her character's erratic behaviour and her ongoing storylines with the Barton brothers.

Debbie is about to get involved in some dodgy dealings again…
    "Yes - basically, Ross gets involved with getting dodgy cars and selling them, and he wants Debbie to be involved with it. At first Debbie is having none of it, but then she's convinced and they start this thing together. It's more that Ross is doing it and Debbie is getting the benefits of it, really."

Is Debbie nervous when the police turn up at the garage and start asking questions about missing cars?
    "Yeah, Debbie's having a bit of a weird week anyway, and when that starts happening she's like, 'Okay we need to stop this now'. Belle's in court and Debbie just feels that they don't need any other trouble for the family. Debbie tells Ross that they shouldn't do it, which doesn't go down that well with him. But Cain also points out that it's not a good time, so Debbie is very firm with Ross about stopping it and getting rid of them."

Debbie also has an alarm fitted next week. Is she feeling particularly on edge at the moment?
    "Yeah I think it's been a continuation from Cameron. Debbie has basically put up a massive front and just pretended that everything's fine, but of course if you've really been through that, I don't think you would be fine. I think that it's always on her mind and she's just covering it up.

"Next week she's just having a particularly bad week. She's having nightmares about Cameron, which we see at one point, and I think it's waking her up quite a lot. Debbie is not really telling anyone about it and she's not being very honest, she's just trying to do things on her own as usual. So that's why she gets the alarm fitted."

What happens between Debbie and the male customer she attacks?
    "Debbie turns up to a call-out and the guy is a little bit flirty. It's nothing major, but I think this week for her is a particularly difficult week. Everything has got on top of her a little bit and this front that she's putting on kind of falls down a little bit.

"This guy's behaviour is just slightly more than what Debbie wants. When he goes to touch her, she just completely flips out. As soon as she arrives, he makes a comment about admiring the view - and because she's feeling the way she's feeling, I think it just tips her over the edge a little bit."

How does Debbie react when she is later arrested for assault?
    "It's a massive thing for her to be arrested and be in this situation. It does freak her out and it does make her sit up a little bit, but I think she's just having a bit of a meltdown. She almost has a mini-breakdown for a few days, and she can't quite get to grips with herself like she normally does. A lot of that is about being tired, as she is waking up a lot in the night having these nightmares.

"Debbie's mask falls down a little bit, and that's why she has a little bit of a breakdown. Even when the police come to see her, she's almost a little bit vague and she's quite numb to it. She's quite flippant about it, and that's just her being a little bit weird."

Pete steps in to protect Debbie by threatening the customer into dropping the charges. How does Debbie feel about that?
    "At first she's really annoyed about it, but then at that moment she just sees someone to protect her and someone who is looking out for her. At that second and that day, that's exactly what she needs, even though she'd never admit it. So at first she's thinking, 'I can't believe that he's got involved' and then within three seconds she's kissing him."

Is Debbie ready to make a go of things with Pete?
    "I'm not sure she'll ever be ready to be involved with anyone else again after Cameron. I think that will definitely scar her for life. Debbie has never really let anybody into her life before. There had only ever been one person and that was Jasmine, and then she let Cameron in and he screwed her over.

"Debbie already found it very difficult to let people into her life, because of her parents, the upbringing that she's had and how things always seem to go wrong. Now I'm not sure that anyone will ever fully get in again, and if they do, it would have to take quite a long time."

What does Debbie like about Pete?
    "It's just the fact that she knows he's quite a stable guy. She thinks that he's a nice guy and he's not your typical bad boy that she normally goes for, so I think that's what attracts her to him. She also sees a bit of a protector in him."

Have you enjoyed filming with Anthony Quinlan?
    "Yeah, I've known Anthony for years and he's best friends with my brother [Jamie Lomas], so he's a bit like part of the furniture in our house. It's great as we get on really well. We kind of bicker a bit like I do with my brother, so it's just very natural."

Ross seems to fancy Debbie too. Do you think she'd go for him?
    "I think Ross would be the obvious one Debbie would go for, because he's very similar to the people that she's been with in the past. He's a bit of a bad boy, and I don't know if Debbie can ever really resist that. I think they always say you go for someone like your dad and Ross is more Cain-like. I think she always has gone for people like Cain - even though Cameron was quite normal at first, they still got into the relationship by having an affair and it was always a little bit dramatic.

"Part of Debbie doesn't want that for her life, because she wants to have a nice life for her kids, but I'm not sure - there's just something in her where she can't quite resist it."

Will Ross cause more trouble between Debbie and Pete?
    "I think the way it's been played is that there's a little bit of jealousy there and they seem to be in competition quite a lot. Ross has obviously grown fond of Debbie for whatever reason - she's awful to him so I have no idea why! I do think that Ross is a little bit jealous and maybe there are some feelings from him, so he may set out to destroy things for Debbie and Pete. I don't know, but it probably won't go smoothly…"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (25-03-2014)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 25-03-2014 at 00:10.

I am really surprised Debbie is so close to the police that they would check up on Pete for her

I think that her experience with Cameron has something to do with that

Poor Debbie, and now she's involved with pedo-Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I think that her experience with Cameron has something to do with that
    Cameron was fine until he got with Debbie though

Surely she could hire a PI why would the police check into Pete for her?

Thread Information