Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Debbie Dingle

Quote Originally Posted by walsh2509 View Post
    Is it just me, or do others feel DOM to be a pain in the Ar$% - is he supposed to be a hardman. Total dislike of him and his kid, hope he's not in it long, caught with drugs or motorbike crash in the next day or so would do just fine. Get rid of him ...
    not a fan either, let cain get rid of him

Emmerdale's Debbie Dingle continues to be tempted by a life of crime next week as she considers getting involved in drug deals.

When Debbie meets a client named Pete, he asks her whether she'd be interested in some extra private work involving drugs - and she is delighted when she hears how much money would be involved.

Cain, Charity and Dom all try to protect Debbie as they know that Pete is bad news, but will she listen?

Here, Charley Webb - who plays Debbie - shares her thoughts on the latest surprising developments for her character.

Debbie is in for a shock in the next few days when she learns that Chas and Cameron are engaged. How does she feel about that?
    "Debbie is devastated, but she just tries to pretend that she's alright. But obviously she isn't - who would be in her position?"

Is Debbie any closer to getting over Cameron?
    "No, she's still madly in love with him and she's heartbroken. I don't know how long that's going to last, but if this happened in real life, how would you get over it? It could possibly go on for a long time!"

Debbie isn't pleased when she hears that Cain has had another fight with Cameron in her defence. Why is that?
    "It's because she doesn't want Cain to hurt Cameron, as she still loves him. It's that awful thing where you love somebody and no matter what they've done to you, you don't want to see anything bad happen to them."

What's the latest on Debbie's business plans?
    "Debbie is setting up a courier business, and she has decided that she's going to make loads of money out of it. She doesn't care if what she's doing is dodgy - as Debbie knows there's usually money involved if something is dodgy! She isn't scared of getting involved in things that might go wrong."

After things backfired when she tried conning Dom, would Debbie try to use another man in the same way?
    "Oh God, yeah! She's very ruthless at the moment and it's because she's had an awful year. Her daughter Sarah nearly died and has got an illness that she'll never get better with. Debbie knows that there is a time limit on Sarah.

"With Chas and Cameron, her best friend and the love of her life have both shafted her. She just wants another focus and this desire to make money is what she's focusing on at the moment. It's all about heartbreak."

What can you tell us about Debbie's meeting with Pete?
    "At first Debbie and Charity meet Pete together, but Charity is wary of him and makes Debbie promise that she won't get involved with him. Debbie says that she won't, but the whole time, she knows that she's going to, as he's mentioned private work involving drugs which would make her a lot of money.

"Again, it's all about money - it's all about making a better life for her kids, and I think Debbie just doesn't really know what she's doing at the moment. She knows everyone will disapprove, but she just does it anyway."

In the end, Cain intervenes by threatening Pete with a baseball bat and warning him to stay away from Debbie. How does Debbie feel about that?
    "She's so angry about this, because it just totally messes things up for her. She knows that she has to find a way to get out of this mess now!"

What happens next?
    "Pete phones the house and sends some flowers to Sarah, which is quite threatening. Debbie is so angry about this and she thinks, 'I need to put an end to this because it's now affecting the two people I was doing this for in the first place' - her children.

"Debbie isn't frightened of Pete, though - she's more frightened of what she'll have to do to put an end to it."

Debbie then arranges another meeting with Pete - this time on a secluded country road. How does it go?
    "Debbie gets quite annoyed at first because Pete has brought a driver with him, when she'd told him to come alone. But she's not frightened - she's so strong-minded in her head.

"Debbie knows that she's going to have to sort this situation, and she doesn't care what she has to do to get it over with. But you'll have to tune in to find out exactly what happens!"

With all this criminal activity, doesn't Debbie worry that she's risking being separated from Sarah and Jack if she gets caught?
    "Oh no, Debbie doesn't think she'll get sent to prison - she's confident that she'll get away with it. She knows that someone else will always get her out of the rubbish - probably Cain and Charity!
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Emmerdale star Charley Webb has said that her character Debbie Dingle will struggle to be happy without ex-partner Cameron Murray.

Debbie's behaviour is currently spiralling out of control as she ponders a possible life of crime to boost her earnings, which would allow her to better provide for daughter Sarah and newborn son Jack.

In a new interview with itv.com, Webb insisted that Debbie's antics are all down to her heartbreak over Cameron, who has committed himself to her aunt Chas following a secret affair last year.

Webb explained: "Obviously Cameron was a massive part of Sarah's life, and now that's gone, I think Debbie is trying to replace something that is missing.

"She just wants to do everything she can and make sure [the kids are] happy and don't want for anything, and she's just completely going the wrong way about it."

She continued: "I think this is definitely a different Debbie, and it's definitely the most ruthless we've seen her, and it's all because of what's happened to her and what she's been through - losing control, and now she wants that control back."

The 24-year-old admitted that Debbie would be pleased if Cameron were to suddenly realise he wanted her back.

Webb said: "I think there would be a couple of things that would make Debbie happy for once in her life - which would be the business, making a lot of money.

"But deep down, what it's all about is Cameron and she's totally still in love with him, even after everything that he's done, so of course [the second thing would be] if he came back to her. Whether she'd take him back I don't know, but it's definitely what's missing in her life at the moment."

Emmerdale airs weekdays at 7pm on ITV, with an extra episode at 8pm on Thursdays.

Emmerdale's Debbie Dingle is left devastated next week as she is reported to social services as a bad mum.

Debbie's behaviour has been spiralling out of control this year, and it seems that she is finally facing the consequences of her actions when her parenting is called into question.

The shocking development comes at an emotional time for Debbie, who is already reeling after discovering that Robbie Lawson (Jamie Shelton) has been stalking her.

Here, Charley Webb - who plays Debbie - chats about the latest story twist and whether her character can ever get back to normal.

How does Debbie find out that Robbie is the one who's stalking her, rather than Kirk?
    "Debbie finds out because Charity figures it out and shares this information with her. It's a big shock, as Debbie has been using Robbie quite a lot and now his feelings have become a little bit stronger towards her. Everyone has been asking, 'Are you two together?' and Debbie has just been saying, 'Oh please!' She's been really mocking Robbie and that's affected him.

"Because Robbie's feelings have become stronger, he's been wondering what he can do to win Debbie over. He wants to be needed now that Debbie doesn't have Cain and Cameron in her life anymore. Robbie thinks that he can take their places, and Debbie will need him and want him."

How does Debbie deal with the situation?
    "She wants revenge! With everything that's happened in the past year, Debbie is now determined that nobody will ever cross her. Now she'll fight for her happiness and for her kids. Robbie has let Debbie believe that her children are in danger, so she's not going to let him get away with that.

"At first, Debbie doesn't let Robbie know that she's aware of what he's doing. She basically gets her revenge by setting him up on a dodgy booze run and calling the police to report him."

© ITV
    Robbie undergoes questioning at the police station

How does Debbie view Robbie now?
    "She absolutely despises him. Before this, she had really trusted him. Debbie doesn't take people into her heart very often, and although she was using Robbie, she was fond of him and they had started to become friends. However, she didn't feel romantically towards him as she's still madly in love with Cameron. Now Debbie doesn't want Robbie in her life - she just hates him."

Does Debbie fear the repercussions of reporting Robbie?
    "Robbie warns that it's not over, but Debbie thinks that she's in complete control of this situation. Debbie says that there's nothing Robbie can throw at her without her being able to come back with something even stronger."

© ITV
    Robbie lunges violently at Debbie

How does Debbie feel when she is reported to social services?
    "Debbie is so shocked, because ultimately in her mind, everything she's done recently has been for those two children. To know that somebody is doubting that really shocks her. In Debbie's mind, she has done nothing wrong and is just trying to do what's right for her children."

As she doesn't know who reported her, we'll see Debbie rant at everyone at Sarah's birthday party. What were those scenes like to film?
    "It was actually very difficult. The scenes were very emotional and those kind of scenes are really hard to do, because you need to get in that moment with 15 of your friends around you all watching! I've loved doing this storyline as it's been another amazing one for Debbie, but it is difficult when it's emotional because I don't cry at the drop of a hat, so it takes a lot out of me.

"The scene is very similar to the one where Cain pointed the finger at everyone at The Woolpack, but just with more dialogue. I think Debbie has just had it at that point."

As Debbie tries to work out who reported her, does she suspect anyone in particular?
    "It could have been any of them. Debbie really doesn't know who it was, so she suspects them all. To be fair, it really could be any of them because Debbie has been going off the rails so much."

© ITV
    Debbie is suspicious of who made the call

Does Debbie fear she might lose the kids?
    "Absolutely. She's never meant to neglect them and she's never meant to do the wrong thing. Although Debbie is very hated at the moment and people think everything she's done is horrendous, she is a bit of a victim. But I think when someone's acting like a complete bitch the entire time, you do forget that!"

What effect will this have on Debbie?
    "I think this is Debbie's wake-up call. Her life couldn't get any worse at this moment in time. She's lost the man that she loves, she nearly lost Sarah last year, and now she's close to losing both of her children. If she did lose Sarah and Jack, Debbie's life would be over because her mum and dad have pretty much turned their backs on her.

"Charity is trying to make Debbie see sense the entire time, but she knows that Debbie has gone too far. Debbie has been wearing a mask that she doesn't want to drop, because she thinks that if she does, everything will spiral out of her control."

Will we ever see the old Debbie back?
    "I think so. I've always tried to maintain that vulnerability with her and the layers in the performance, because there have to be layers. She's just broken-hearted and can't get on the right track again. Although Debbie is playing a complete bitch at the moment, it's all for a reason and it's all because she doesn't want anyone to get at her ever again. She never wants to feel like things are out of her control."
    Last edited by Perdita; 28-05-2013 at 05:49.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (28-05-2013)

Emmerdale's Charley Webb has revealed that dramatic storylines keep her from leaving the show.

The 25-year-old actress, who has played Debbie Dingle for 11 years, told The Sun that although filming recent scenes can be emotionally draining, she is pleased to be "challenged".

Webb said: "I enjoy it more now than when I joined.

"I feel lucky that I'm being so challenged right now. There are times when I think maybe it's time to leave, but then I'll get a storyline to really sink my teeth into and love my job again.

"I'm sure there will come a day when I won't feel as content though and then I'll try other things."

Webb admitted that she is preparing herself for a public backlash after upcoming scenes are aired in which Debbie's counterfeit vodka leaves Belle Dingle fighting for her life and Debbie disowned by her family.

She said: "It's fun to play a bitch, but I feel sorry for Debbie because none of this is really her fault - the way she has become is a result of her having her heart broken by Cameron and her daughter Sarah almost dying.

"I already have old ladies shouting at me in the street! They either tell me I need to be nicer or ask me: 'Have you got any vodka?' Now I'm thinking: 'Oh God, she's going to be hated even more!'"

Webb also revealed that she feels she might be perceived as "quite moody" off-screen.

She said: "I don't go round smiling all the time so I think I could be perceived the wrong way.

"I can come across as quite moody, but it's just because I'm laid-back and not showy. I'd rather people see the character I'm playing than see me."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

katie hunter (15-06-2013)

Emmerdale's Charley Webb has revealed that dramatic storylines keep her from leaving the show.

The 25-year-old actress, who has played Debbie Dingle for 11 years, told The Sun that although filming recent scenes can be emotionally draining, she is pleased to be "challenged".

"I feel lucky that I'm being so challenged right now. There are times when I think maybe it's time to leave, but then I'll get a storyline to really sink my teeth into and love my job again.

"I'm sure there will come a day when I won't feel as content though and then I'll try other things."

Webb admitted that she is preparing herself for a public backlash after upcoming scenes are aired in which Debbie's counterfeit vodka leaves Belle Dingle fighting for her life and Debbie disowned by her family.

She said: "It's fun to play a bitch, but I feel sorry for Debbie because none of this is really her fault - the way she has become is a result of her having her heart broken by Cameron and her daughter Sarah almost dying.

"I already have old ladies shouting at me in the street! They either tell me I need to be nicer or ask me: 'Have you got any vodka?' Now I'm thinking: 'Oh God, she's going to be hated even more!'"

Webb also revealed that she feels she might be perceived as "quite moody" off-screen.

She said: "I don't go round smiling all the time so I think I could be perceived the wrong way.

"I can come across as quite moody, but it's just because I'm laid-back and not showy. I'd rather people see the character I'm playing than see me."

I like debbie better now than before. Think her stories have been really good and she plays the bitch part well. wonder how she will cope when the truth about cameron comes out

Emmerdale fans will see life get even worse for Debbie Dingle next week as she is disowned by her own family.

Debbie has already alienated most of her loved ones in recent months, but the final straw comes when Belle (Eden Taylor-Draper) is rushed to hospital after drinking some of her dodgy vodka.

Facing a backlash from the Dingles, Debbie doesn't get any sympathy from Andy (Kelvin Fletcher) either as he blocks her access to their children.

Here, Charley Webb - who plays Debbie - reveals what's in store as her out-of-control character hits rock bottom.

How is Debbie feeling in the aftermath of being reported to Social Services?
    "It's really hit Debbie hard. I think it's the one thing that has shocked Debbie into action a little bit, whether it's the right action or not! It's brought her back to the ground again and it's made her think twice about her behaviour."

Is Debbie still plotting revenge on anyone?
    "I think it's gone past that for Debbie now. She's just heartbroken that it's come to this, so she's not really interested in revenge anymore."

How does Debbie react to the news of Charity and Declan's one-night stand?
    "Debbie is quite angry about this, because I think she feels it's similar to the Chas and Cameron situation. She thinks affairs are all similar, and in this case Katie lives in the village so all of the parties involved know each other. Debbie does relate it to Chas and Cameron, even though that affair was obviously on a different level."

What are Debbie's feelings towards Cameron at the moment?
    "Debbie's feelings for Cameron have never changed. She still loves him and that's always stayed the same, even after what he's done to her. Debbie is just heartbroken every time she sees him - it's always a complete smack in the face. If Cameron ever made a move on her, I don't think Debbie would be able to stop herself because she's so in love with him."

How does Debbie react when she finds Belle unconscious at her house?
    "Debbie completely goes into panic. She sends Sarah to get help because Belle is unconscious on the floor, and Sarah brings back Cameron. Then they rush Belle off to the hospital."

How do the Dingles react when Debbie is forced to admit that she's to blame?
    "Oh, that's the final straw - the Dingles say she's not part of the family anymore! She's been completely ousted by the Dingles and it really does hit her hard. Not a single person supports her, so Debbie is completely on her own at this point."

Does Debbie hit rock bottom?
    "Yeah, I would say so! There's been a lot of crying and a lot of shouting before this, but she's hit the bottom now."

How does Robbie manage to stir things up further?
    "Robbie basically tells everyone that Debbie mixed the vodka herself. Robbie says that Debbie used double strength, and of course that isn't true, but nobody really believes her.

"There's a point where Debbie goes to pick up her kids from Andy and he just slams the door in her face. Robbie is watching on smirking, and she absolutely wants to kill him. She's right over there to confront him, and luckily Diane steps in.

"Debbie hates Robbie now. This situation all spiralled out of control because Robbie had feelings for her. He stalked her and now he's ruined her family life. She was already on the outer with the Dingles as it was, but now it's even worse."

How does Debbie feel about Andy stopping her from seeing the kids?
    "She's heartbroken. There's nothing else you can throw at her. She's had everything taken away from her now."

Can anybody get through to Debbie after this?
    "I think she's definitely pressed a very big self-destruct button, but I'm sure there are a couple of people who could get her out of this mess. It's just a matter of whether or not they're willing to help! She needs somebody to take her side a little bit, but that's really difficult for her mum and dad at the moment, so who knows?"

Can she ever become the old Debbie again?
    "I think so, but I think it'll take a lot. Underneath everything, Debbie is a nice person. She's not an evil person, but she's damaged, she's gone down the wrong road and she's had bad things happen to her."

What advice would you give to Debbie?
    "Just to get back on the straight and narrow, really! All of the illegal stuff is just making things worse so she needs to stop that."
    Have you enjoyed playing out this storyline?
    "It's been great but very, very tiring. It's really emotional and it's been very draining. We have full-on filming days and then I'm learning my lines at the end of each day, so there are no gaps. But I'm sure there's a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere!"

Have you had much reaction from viewers?
    "Yeah, as I think people have really got into this storyline. Debbie is in such self-destruct mode, so people have been giving me advice!"

Can Debbie and Chas ever be friends again?
    "I don't know, but I don't think that's going to happen in the near future. If this had happened in real life, how could Debbie ever be friends with Chas again? I'm sure there'll be something to draw them together one day as there always is with the Dingle family, but who knows when that will happen?"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (18-06-2013)

I really like Charley Webb, she is an amazing actress. And yeah I was one of the haters of Debbie, but now I just feel sorry for her. I was hoping she'd get back with Andy and they make a go of it for their kids. I wonder whats in store for her love life?

Thread Information