Thought you left them for me for a change

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (20-01-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Thought you left them for me for a change

Its not lost what a friend gets
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

That is very true, so it is

Emmerdale star Charley Webb has admitted that her character Debbie Dingle will soon feel "betrayed" by her aunt Chas.

Debbie ends her relationship with partner Cameron Murray (Dominic Power) next week after he declares that he's only staying with her because she needs his support through her daughter Sarah's illness.

Chas (Lucy Pargeter) later tries to make life easier for Cameron by letting him stay with her at The Woolpack for a while, which leaves Debbie stunned.

Webb told Soaplife of the break-up: "Cameron tells [Debbie] that he's going to be there for her and won't leave her at a time when she's going to need him the most. And this really gets to her. She's never relied on anyone in her whole life. She thinks he's only staying because of what's going on, rather than because he loves her. And that's not right."

"She is heartbroken - not so much that she's made a mistake, but because she knows she can't live like that," the actress continued. "If he's only staying because he feels he should, then why would she want him to? She's very strong and very focused as he leaves. She doesn't show her feelings, which is classic Debbie."

Asked how Debbie feels about Chas giving Cameron a place to stay, Webb replied: "She's furious. She feels betrayed completely."

Emmerdale airs Debbie and Cameron's break-up on Thursday, March 1 at 8pm on ITV1.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Leo1977 (09-03-2012)

Emmerdale star Dominic Power has insisted that there are no bad guys in his character Cameron Murray's current storyline.

Cameron's relationship with partner Debbie (Charley Webb) is currently under severe strain as she is pregnant with her ex Andy Sugden's (Kelvin Fletcher) child. The old flames slept together to conceive a saviour sibling for their seriously-ill daughter Sarah.

Since having sex with Debbie last month, Andy has developed feelings for her - leaving Cameron furious over his interference in their lives.

Power told itv.com: "It's hit a kind of apex at the moment for Cameron - certainly his relationship with Debbie. The genius of the storyline at the moment, and what keeps the viewers gripped, is that no-one's really to blame.

"Debbie's doing it because she has to, because she wants to save Sarah. Cameron's just reacting to his girlfriend doing that to him. Andy didn't want to sleep with Debbie, but she made him and therefore he fell in love. I think it's a tricky one."

"At the moment, the audience is kind of being divided over Cameron, in exactly the way they should be," the actor continued. "Some people should be on 'Team Andy', some people should be on 'Team Debbie' and some should be on 'Team Cameron'. That's exactly how it's been written, to get that reaction."

Emmerdale fans will also see a spark develop between Cameron and Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter) in upcoming episodes as he confides in her over his troubles.

Power added: "Cameron is potentially swapping one huge catalogue of Dingle problems for another. But that's where the drama is. Cheating on Cain's daughter with Cain's sister is probably not the wisest of moves!"

Emmerdale star Dominic Power has revealed that he is keen to film a big showdown scene between his character Cameron Murray and bad boy Cain Dingle.

Cameron will risk sparking all-out war in the Dingle clan later this week as he shares a kiss with Woolpack landlady Chas (Lucy Pargeter) following his recent split from her niece Debbie (Charley Webb).

As Debbie's father and Chas's half-brother, short-tempered Cain (Jeff Hordley) would have more to say than most if the passionate encounter came to light.

Power told the Daily Record: "I was invited into the Dingle fold and to be part of the family on Emmerdale, if you like, was fantastic because you know you are going to be right in the thick of it.

"I've been eased in during my first year, and now it has really started to heat up. I don't know what the fallout will be, but all I know is Cameron is cheating on Cain's daughter so I can imagine it is going to be pretty big.

"When the proverbial hits the fan, I think it is going to get messy. It will be fantastic when it comes. I kind of miss a good tussle. I haven't done that for a while, got my hands dirty, so that could be quite good fun - although [Cain] is on crutches at the moment so it could be an easy fight."

Cameron and Debbie reunite later this week as they decide to give their relationship another try. However, the spark between Cameron and Chas could continue for some time to come.

Power explained: "One of the common things that is said to me in the street is, 'You want to get rid of that Debbie', which is quite clear cut and my response has been 'Watch this space'.

"The thing about Cameron is he has put up with so much in his relationship with Debbie. It's something that has almost been out of his control. He has been driven to breaking point and we have been expecting him to explode in some way and this is how it is happening."

Emmerdale airs weeknights on ITV1.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (09-03-2012)

Emmerdale star Charley Webb has hinted that there could still be a long journey ahead for the soap's saviour sibling storyline.

The actress's character Debbie Dingle and ex Andy Sugden (Kelvin Fletcher) have recently conceived a baby to secure a bone marrow match for their daughter Sarah, who is seriously ill.

Debbie and Andy get the news they have been hoping for in tonight's (March 9) episode as they discover that the unborn child is a match.

However, Webb told Soaplife that there are still no guarantees when it comes to Sarah's future.

"There's more worry, stress and complications in store for Debbie," the 24-year-old explained. "The odds of the treatment working for Sarah aren't good. There's such a massive mountain for them to climb."

© ITV

© ITV

Tonight's episode also sees Debbie's troubled relationship with Cameron Murray (Dominic Power) reach a turning point as he agrees to stay in the village for her.

Webb added: "Debbie would do anything to save her daughter. Her biggest fear was Sarah getting sicker. Losing Cameron was next."

Emmerdale star Dominic Power has spoken of the feelings between his character Cameron Murray and Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter).

The actor said that the duo have been trying to fight their mutual attraction for some time due to his relationship with her relative Debbie (Charley Webb) but "lust" soon gets the better of them when her son Aaron leaves for good.

Power told What's On TV: "When you're in the first stages of something like this you don't think of the consequences. It's like a fairytale."

He said that Cameron considered leaving The Dales previously but "stayed because he still loves Debbie and very much cares about her", adding: "If he didn't, he would have just upped and gone."

Power said of Cameron's attraction to Chas: "He's definitely still attracted to her. The tension's building inside him and it's coming out in this animalistic way. He's being very inconsiderate and extremely lustful."

"He doesn't not like anything about her and that's the point. Chas is a good friend, a good laugh and she's beautiful. She's put a smile on his face for the first time in ages. It's winning him over."

Power said of them getting together: "Cameron tries to support Chas [after Aaron leaves] and tells her he's there for her. She's been drinking and they find it very hard to resist each other - so hard that the inevitable happens and there are fireworks."

He insisted that Cameron is "paranoid" about Debbie's recent encounter with ex-boyfriend Andy Sugden to conceive a saviour sibling for their daughter Sarah, saying: "It's what's fuelling the fire for him with Chas in a way. It's not tit-for-tat, but it's another way of allowing himself to do it

Emmerdale star Dominic Power has admitted that his character Cameron Murray is being "completely irrational" as he decides to have an affair with Chas Dingle.

Cameron and Chas (Lucy Pargeter) are about to embark on a secret romance which has been tipped to last for some time. Their antics could eventually tear the Dingles apart as Cameron is already in a serious relationship with Chas's niece Debbie (Charley Webb).

Power told Lorraine today (April 12): "[Cameron's] not thinking! The last five months for the character have been extremely difficult, with Debbie and Andy having a saviour sibling, the way they went about having a saviour sibling behind Cameron's back, and he's come to very close blows with Andy since then.

"We've been waiting for Cameron to explode or implode, and I think this is how it's happening now. I think he's acting completely irrationally, and I think his initial attraction to Chas came when he ended up accidentally staying at the pub.

"He was just in a friendly environment for the first time in a long time, and I think that's when he first started to have feelings for her."

Asked about the long-term implications of the plot, he replied: "As you know, in soap we get our scripts once a fortnight and we genuinely don't know what's coming. I don't think the affair is going to end any time soon, but when it does, I think it's going to be a case of fireworks."

Power said that he feels fortunate to be at the centre of storylines with the Dingle clan.

He explained: "I lucked out really, because I joined and the character was with Debbie Dingle, so I was immediately in the middle of the show - because obviously the Dingles are Emmerdale.

"So it's been brilliant. I've had loads of really good storylines so far, and they're just getting better and better."

Thread Information