Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Debbie Dingle

i think the debbie storyline is great

Question

what happens with andy does he stick by her
    Last edited by steven123; 09-06-2005 at 21:55.

I think that the problem here is that people always forget. Debbie is a kid. Andy is an adult. How many 14 year olds stay with their first ever boyfriend. You grow up and grow apart. I think Emmerdale has done a good job at showing Debbie trying to pretend the baby didn't exist and prove she is still a kid. She neglected herself pregnant and I actually hope they show a more realistic view of her struggling and not being emotionally mature enough to deal with a relationship and child still being a child. No wonder there is such a high teenage pregnancy rate in England with all the soaps showing all these teenagers finding looking after children so easy and not having any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by soapfan1980
    I think that the problem here is that people always forget. Debbie is a kid. Andy is an adult. How many 14 year olds stay with their first ever boyfriend. You grow up and grow apart. I think Emmerdale has done a good job at showing Debbie trying to pretend the baby didn't exist and prove she is still a kid. She neglected herself pregnant and I actually hope they show a more realistic view of her struggling and not being emotionally mature enough to deal with a relationship and child still being a child. No wonder there is such a high teenage pregnancy rate in England with all the soaps showing all these teenagers finding looking after children so easy and not having any problems.
    Some good points, Debbie and Andy do seem to be worlds apart. Although I do seem to remember them having quite a loving relationship, when they were going out together properly. I can't quite remember but I'm sure Andy did have strong feelings for her. Things have changed since then, but things could still work out. Even if they don't maintain a proper relationship, Andy will still be there for Sarah, because he won't walk away from his child.

I know having a baby at a young age is hard but I think sometimes if you have a lot of support, it can really help, and Debbie has that. I don't think Emmerdale are going to show bringing up a baby for a young mum as easy. I've heard there's going to be some dramatic things happening.

Debbie shocks her Family (Thursday 30th June 2005)

A distraught Debbie tells Cain that she and Andy are finished. Cain is ready to go and hunt Andy down but he receives a second blow when Debbie announces that she’s called social services and is getting rid of her baby. The worried Dingles try to convince her it’s just her hormones. However, unbeknown to the family, Debbie is still convinced that her baby will be better off with a foster family and puts her in a taxi. In the nick of time, Cain arrives and desperately tries to convince her not to abandon her responsibilities. He assures her that he will be there for her but can he convince her to keep her baby?

After finding out that Debbie has banned Andy from seeing Sarah, Jack tells Robert that Andy could do with his support. Seizing the opportunity to get back in with his family so that he can work against them for the Kings, he lends Andy a shoulder to cry on.

Debbie & Cain Dingle (Charley Webbe & Jeff Hordley)
    Last edited by Emmak2005; 18-06-2005 at 01:43.

wow that sounds good. It would have been a matter of time before DEbbie would give her baby away like mother like Daughter don't you think????????
    I wonder if Sarah will do the same when she is Debbies age???

why do her andy split?

I think andy just tells debbie that he has no feelings for her any more and he only got together with her again for the baby.

i hope she dont give the baby up

IVE BEEN TO SEE GUYS AND DOLLS
    R.I.P Dennis Rickman i will really miss you

Quote Originally Posted by i_luv_dennis
    i hope she dont give the baby up
    Yeah i hope she dont too. welcome back by the way, aint seen u around for a while lol
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Thread Information