Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan)

Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has admitted that she is still hoping her character Tina McIntyre could reunite with David Platt.

Tina was first introduced to Weatherfield as a love interest for the bad boy in January 2008, but the pair later broke up and David (Jack P. Shepherd) is now married to troublemaker Kylie.

Meanwhile, Tina is about to find herself at the centre of a love triangle on the cobbles as ladies' man Tommy Duckworth and local doctor Matt Carter start competing for her affections.

However, speaking to Inside Soap, Keegan commented: "I really want Tina and David to get together again! I absolutely love working with Jack and I think the two of them are quite similar. They were very grounded as a couple - just normal.

"And when I work with Jack and Helen Worth, I feel like I'm home again. It's a little bit like having a comfort blanket."

She added: "The writers always loved writing for Tina and David, so who knows?"

Tina's storyline with Tommy and Matt begins in next week's Coronation Street episodes.

Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has admitted that Weatherfield doctor Matt Carter may not be the best match for her character Tina McIntyre.

A new storyline for the Rovers Return barmaid will see Matt and Tommy Duckworth both fighting for her affections later this month, leaving her with a dilemma.

The plot begins at the end of next week as Tina enjoys being chatted up by Matt (Oliver Mellor) at the pub, unaware that Tommy (Chris Fountain) is secretly cooking a romantic meal for her back at home.

However, speaking to TV Times about Tina's chances of a long-term future with Matt, Keegan commented: "Tina is attracted to Matt, but it's a bit of a Bridget Jones situation. He's older than her and eats in lavish restaurants where she feels out of place.

"She doesn't know that Tommy cooked her a meal. If she knew, she'd be impressed."

Keegan added: "It's much more interesting to have a 'Will they, won't they?' element. Tina likes Doctor Carter, but I think she's more suited to Tommy."

The actress recently confessed that her ideal scenario would be a reunion for Tina and David Platt.

David is her best match they worked so well together great chemistry between them

The problem is though that Tina has calmed down a lot since her first appearance on the Street. Her character has changed drastically. She was very much an iconoclast like David early on, but now she is quite respectable. Although, of course, you could say David has calmed down as well, now he wants to be a father.....But either way, I don't think they could be like they were when they first got together.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (13-08-2011)

Michelle Keegan, who plays Tina, tells us more about the two men in her life…

How does Tina feel about Dr Carter?

Obviously he is a bit older than her, but they have a good laugh, nothing too serious.

What do the viewers think about Tina and Tommy?

I think they like the will-they-won’t-they. It keeps it interesting.

Have you enjoyed this storyline?

It’s really good fun. Obviously I had all that heartbreak with Graeme, so it’s been a good change.

Does she feel sorry for Tommy having to watch her and Dr Carter?

I think she does, but I think she’s playing on it a little bit. He had his chance and blew it, so she’s showing him what he’s missing.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/so...#ixzz1VYUpWH8x
    Last edited by alan45; 20-08-2011 at 09:25.

Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has revealed that she is thrilled with Tina McIntyre's new rivalry storyline.

Tina has recently been clashing with Kirsty Soames (Natalie Gumede), the feisty police officer who is now dating Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall).

Keegan told PA of the plotline: "It's great because I think at a point Tina went a bit sort of 'housewife'. She was very happy in a relationship, there was no conflict in her life and I think now that Kirsty's come in, it's put a spanner in the mix, so it's good.

"They have a clash of personalities. Kirsty's very controlling whereas Tina just wants everything to be chilled. There's more to come - watch this space with them two."

The 24-year-old said that she is also enjoying Tina's relationship with local doctor Matt Carter, played by Oliver Mellor.

"I've never worked with Ollie before and he's a really great actor and he's such a laugh on set. He's so funny," she explained.

"It's really nice working with new people. I was used to working with Jack [P Shepherd] and Craig [Gazey], so it's nice to expand who I'm working with now."

Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has admitted that she wants her character Tina McIntyre to make a new friend on the cobbles.

The actress, who has been on the Weatherfield show for four years, said that she would love to see Tina strike up a bond with feisty Kylie Platt (Paula Lane).

Speaking to BBC Newsbeat, Keegan explained: "I want Tina to be best friends with Kylie. Something like that.

"I've always hung around with boys on the street but I think Tina needs a new girl best mate."

The 24-year-old also continued to hit back at recent press reports which had questioned her future with fiancé Max George.

"I'm not available. I'm still with him," she explained. "At the end of the day, the people that matter to me all know the truth and that's all we need."

Coronation Street continues tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

Corrie's Michelle Keegan talks Tina, Tommy romance future - interview

Coronation Street's Tina McIntyre and Tommy Duckworth finally get together next week as some sad news brings them closer.

Tommy (Chris Fountain) receives a shock in an upcoming episode as he learns that his grandfather Geoff Horton has passed away, so he turns to Tina for support during the emotional time.

The Weatherfield pair later realise that they're meant to be an item, and they decide to finally be honest about their feelings - before sealing their union with a kiss…

Digital Spy recently chatted to Michelle Keegan, who plays Tina, to hear about the storyline.

We've seen a long journey for Tina and Tommy. Are you glad they're finally getting together?
    "I am - and I'm really glad over the way it's been done. Often you'll see a bit of a spark between two characters and they'll get together straight away, but I've really liked the 'Will they, won't they?' element with Tommy and Tina. It's hopefully made the story more exciting for the viewers, as people have been wanting them to get together for a while now."

Tina is a big support for Tommy when his grandfather passes away, isn't she?
    "Yes, Tommy uses Tina as a shoulder to cry on. Obviously Tina had quite a tragic time when her dad died a couple of years ago, so she knows how to cope with something like this. She uses her experience to help Tommy get through it."

Does it bring back any bad memories for Tina?
    "I think it does bring back some bad memories, but she's more worried about Tommy than anything else. She goes back and she thinks about how she felt after her dad died, and she remembers that Graeme looked after her. So now she steps in and does the same for Tommy."

When do things take a romantic turn?
    "Well, you'll see Tommy speaking about his granddad and Tina reminiscing about her dad, so they're sharing all of these memories. There's a bit of a moment between them at that point, and it looks like they're going to get together there and then. But then Jason comes in and disturbs them! I can't give too much away about how they get together, so you'll have to wait and see what happens next."

How strong are Tina's feelings for Tommy?
    "I think Tina has got really strong feelings for him. They've known each other for a year now, and they've had a bit of a love/hate relationship. They've obviously got feelings for each other, but Tina hates the way that Tommy is a bit of a lad. She's always been a bit sceptical about how Tommy is around women!"

Can Tina trust Tommy to stay faithful?
    "I think that's what Tina has been having issues with - whether she can trust him or not. But she's had a lot of people telling her that she just needs to take a chance, as they're meant to be together. Tina realises that you only live once, she likes Tommy, so why not?"

We know they're getting together, but could there still be some drama on the way for Tina and Tommy?
    "I've heard a few bits that are coming up. There will be bits of drama in the relationship and it won't just be plain sailing - I've already heard that on the grapevine!"

Would you like to have a soap wedding at some point?
    "It'd be lovely, as long as there's a bit of drama before it, during it, and after! Otherwise it wouldn't be a soap wedding if everything went according to plan. But I do see Tommy and Tina being in this relationship for the long haul, definitely. It'd be cool to become a Duckworth."

There's already been some people comparing them to Jack and Vera. How do you feel about that?
    "It's a massive compliment to be compared to them, because they're a very iconic couple. I think it's because Tina wears the trousers in the relationship like Vera did. I loved that relationship, because there was so much comedy and bickering between them, but deep down they really did love each other.

"I think we see a similar thing with Tina and Tommy. Tina is very opinionated and she wants to tame Tommy, but you can tell that there's strong feelings between them."

You've also had another story recently as Tina has been feuding with Tyrone's fiancée Kirsty…
    "Yeah, and I've really enjoyed exploring that feisty side of Tina. Tyrone is Tina's mate, and she's very loyal to her friends. She's always going to keep an eye on Tyrone to find out how things are going with Kirsty around.

"But she's also happy that she now has her own life to deal with, as she's getting closer to Tommy. She's also out of Tyrone's house, so it's making it easier for her to get on with her own life. Tina will carry on looking out for Tyrone, though.

"Natalie Gumede, who plays Kirsty, is really, really good at what she does. She's so nice in real life as well. It's easy to dislike her character on screen, but that just proves how good an actress she is, because she's lovely in real life."

Can we also expect conflict between Tina and Terry Duckworth when he returns?
    "Oh yes, they don't get along, I can tell you that! She doesn't want Terry to take the mick out of Tommy, so there's going to be a bit of tension between those two at first."

Do you think Tina could do with a female friend on the cobbles?
    "I've always wanted her and Kylie to be friends, as I think she'd definitely bring the feistiness out of Tina again and they could be a bit of a double act. Who knows? Hopefully she will get a friend on the street, but she always seems to go for lads as friends - she's a bit of a tomboy."

How about bringing in a relative?
    "Oh yeah, I'd love that. We've touched base with Tina's mum before, when I first started in Corrie. She's also mentioned her cousin a few times, who is always out raving on the weekends. It'd be really good to see a family member come on the street for Tina - I think she needs that."

How do you feel about being in the running for 'Sexiest Female' at the British Soap Awards again?
    "It's amazing, I don't know what they see at all! I just feel really grateful that I can be in the running for it - it's really flattering."

Max George and Michelle Keegan have ended their engagement but remain in a relationship, Digital Spy can confirm.

The Wanted star became engaged to Keegan last summer, six months after they were first linked together.

During an interview on KIIS-FM, presenters Ryan Seacrest and Ellen K noted that the singer Max George was engaged. However, in response George simply stated, "No, no, no, not anymore," before the line went dead.

The presenters told listeners that the "innocent question" was not "contrived" and that they would attempt to reconnect with the 23-year-old.

When they had, he was asked if he was enjoying the benefits of being in a boyband, to which he replied: "Absolutely."

The station's Twitter feed also posted: "BREAKING: @MaxTheWanted from @thewantedmusic is not engaged anymore!"

Listen to George speak to KIIS-FM below:

However, a spokesperson for Keegan told Digital Spy that the pair remain together, explaining: "Michelle and Max are still very much together as a couple, but they are both traditionalists and realised that there is no point in being engaged until they are in a position to plan a wedding."

Both Keegan and George had denied split rumours earlier in the year, with a spokesperson for the actress stating that a date for the wedding had never been set in place by the couple.

The Wanted are currently on a promo tour in the US, which saw them perform hit single 'Glad You Came' on American Idol last week
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has spoken about her character's new romance.

Tina McIntyre (Keegan) has begun a relationship with Tommy Duckworth (Chris Fountain) after a year of 'will-they, won't-they', but the actress suggests that the couple will not have an easy path.

"I think there will be a bit of drama," she told What's On TV. "He better not cheat on Tina though, because she will come down on him like a ton of bricks.

"They've taken a year to get together so I do want them to be happy for a while."

Keegan, who recently won the 'Sexiest Female' award at the British Soap Awards for the fourth year running, went on to deny that she considers herself sexy.

"I'm the least sexy person I know," she insisted.

"I go out in my pyjamas, tracksuit bottoms, and never go into work with make-up on. But I like the fact that people vote for me, and I also think it's nice that people can relate to Tina and she's quite plain."

Keegan revealed this week that a recent fight scene on the show left her covered in bruises.

Thread Information