Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Jim McDonald returns so he does

Unhappy Jim should not be killed off!

I really don't see the point of killing off Jim, he's been in and out of the street for years, and it's nice to see him pop in now and then to see Steve (and we all know Steve is going no where!!) so why kill him off?
    If LIz wants to leave the street fine, but does JIm? why drag him to his death, he'a a canny fella so he is

And whilst i'm on, there is no way i would serve any man that give my dad a hiding, cannot understand Steve letting him even in the bar.
    Oh Owen must think he's such a clever s**t and yes i think it is time Owen got what he deserves!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to owenlee4me For This Useful Post:

alan45 (24-02-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by owenlee4me View Post
    I really don't see the point of killing off Jim, he's been in and out of the street for years, and it's nice to see him pop in now and then to see Steve (and we all know Steve is going no where!!) so why kill him off?
    If LIz wants to leave the street fine, but does JIm? why drag him to his death, he'a a canny fella so he is

And whilst i'm on, there is no way i would serve any man that give my dad a hiding, cannot understand Steve letting him even in the bar.
    Oh Owen must think he's such a clever s**t and yes i think it is time Owen got what he deserves!
    Well said. I think this propsed storyline is a load of nonsense. It would have been much better for Big Jim to get revenge on the slimy rat that is Owen. Why send him back to the Big House for what will doubtless be a long sentence. I really hoped that Jim would be back full time on Corrie

SHOTGUN raider Jim McDonald is left staring down the barrel of a long jail term after his heist goes wrong.
    The Corrie ex-con, played by Charles Lawson, tries to hold up a building society in scenes filmed yesterday.

But cops arrive. And ex-wife Liz is in tears as she is called to help persuade him to surrender. The drama will air over Easter.

(C) THe Sun

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-03-2011), tammyy2j (03-03-2011)

There are some excellent pictures of the Bank Siege on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fraggle...7626057021047/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-03-2011)

TROUBLED Jim McDonald sinks to a new low when he commits armed robbery.

As our sensational pictures show, the former jailbird struts into a building society office with a shotgun hidden in a shopping bag.

The ex-squaddie, played by Charles Lawson, 51, stages the raid in a desperate bid to raise enough cash to buy the Rovers Return from his son, Steve (Simon Gregson, 34) and ex-wife Liz (Beverley Callard, 52).

He tells the cashier: “I’ve got a gun. So if you know what’s good for you, you’ll fill that bag to the top with all your cash, so you will.”

But his plan hits the skids when a panic alarm is activated and armed cops surround the office.

Jim McDonald is forced into a deadly stand-off as Steve and Liz talk him into surrendering.

i watched this get filmed live in bolton on tuesday it was great to see!!

Beverley Callard has revealed that romance is set to re-ignite between Liz and Jim McDonald in Coronation Street.

Beverley's character Liz has just made a surprise return to the Street and her ex-husband Jim, played by Charlie Lawson, is not far behind.

"Jim basically turns up when Liz needs him most - he's her knight in shining armour and they have the most amazing chemistry," Beverley told the Daily Mirror.

Liz and Jim have had many highs and lows since joining the soap in 1989 and have already divorced twice.

Beverley claimed: "We're the Liz Taylor and Richard Burton of the Street."

Off-screen things are just as enjoyable for the reunited cast members in the McDonald clan, including son Steve, played by Simon Gregson.

"Working with Charlie and Simon again was just like the old days," Beverley told the newspaper. "They had me in stitches most of the time. We'd be filming a really dramatic scene and they'd be making me laugh."

But Beverley, who plans to leave the soap in a few months for some time off, added: "Despite their chemistry, I'm not sure if Liz will ever make it work with Jim."

PA

So very sad and incredibly stupid that the prats at Corrie central have made it impossible fir Big Jim to ever return by their daft armed robbery storyline. Then again it's the same wunch of bankers that brought back Traceyluv with another daft and unbelievable CRAP storyline

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

layla (16-03-2011), Siobhan (16-03-2011)

Charles Lawson has confirmed that he would be willing to return to Coronation Street for more guest appearances beyond his latest stint on the soap.

The actor recently filmed another short comeback as Jim McDonald, who will be seen back on screen this week as he tries to help ex-wife Liz in her hour of need.

Jim's reappearance ties in with Liz's departure storyline as Beverley Callard has decided to bow out from the role to pursue new projects.

In an interview on Lorraine this morning, Lawson was asked whether it could be possible for Jim to appear on Corrie even after Liz has departed.

He replied: "Yeah, I think so. I'd love to come back, of course I would, in this day and age."

Recent tabloid reports have suggested that Jim will end up back in prison at the end of his latest stint after he bungles an attempt to stage an armed robbery.

Refusing to confirm storyline details, Lawson said: "He's back and it's been in the papers but honestly, I'm not meant to say anything, so I won't although it has been in the papers! He'll be in and you'll not be bored, but then he'll disappear for a little while."

If the spoilers are true then Big Jim gets locked up in the Big House for Armed Robbery so he does. As this is NOT Deadenders and he is not Kate Ford then it's unlikely that he will be back for some time.
    Last edited by alan45; 21-03-2011 at 14:09.

Does not stop him being shown in Corrie being visited by Steve and others though, does it?

Thread Information