Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Jim McDonald returns so he does

Maybe Big Jim could stay in the street and be Eileen's night in shinning armour.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

CORRIE'S Jim McDonald is coming back - in a bid to buy the Rovers.
    He aims to give the pub to ex-wife Liz to win her heart again.

Jim - played by Charles Lawson, 51 - was last seen in the Street in December but is due to return later this year.

The Northern Irishman will make an offer to buy the Rovers from the current owners - his hard-up son Steve and daughter-in-law Becky.

Liz, played by Beverley Callard, 53, manages the Rovers for the couple.

An insider said: "Jim is intent on winning Liz back once and for all.
    "He sees the pub as the way to her heart. Liz might be the manager but it is Steve's name above the door. Steve is desperate for cash and might take his dad's money."

Jim was a Street regular between 1989 and 2000 and has made brief returns since.

He came back last November for Jack Duckworth's funeral and sent flowers to Liz.

They were intercepted by her new boyfriend Owen Armstrong, who warned him off.

Jim was beaten up the next month.

He told Steve that Owen was behind the attack and said he feared for Liz.

Previous Rovers bosses include Fred Elliott, Jack and Vera Duckworth, Bet and Alec Gilroy and Jack and Annie Walker.

(c) The Sun

EXCELLENT NEWS. Lets hope he punishes Owen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-02-2011)

I wonder how long Jim will be back for this time?

A while I hope. Can't you just see him and Eileen in charge of the rovers.

Hope he leaves with Liz, so I do

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Hope he leaves with Liz, so I do
    That would be the happy ending but I would love to see him stay on so I would

CORRIE'S Jim McDonald is to hold up a building society in a crazed bid to win back his ex-wife Liz, TV Biz can reveal.
    The desperate ex-con returns to the Street next month and hopes to get his old missus back by buying the Rovers off their son Steve.

But when all legitimate attempts to raise the funds fail the former squaddie - whose catchphrases include "So it is" - decides to stage an armed raid.

Jim, played by Charles Lawson, 51, goes into Weatherfield Building Society and tells the cashier: "I've got a gun. So if you know what's good for you, my friend, you'll fill that bag to the top with all your cash, so you will."

But things go wrong for the Ulsterman when the terrified worker presses the panic button to alert cops - and a have-a-go hero tries to bring him down in a violent tussle. In dramatic scenes to be aired at Easter, Jim makes a run for it - but finds he is blocked in by armed cops.

He holds staff and customers hostage and refuses to discuss their release until he can speak to Liz.

After police fetch the stunned landlady from the Rovers, her hapless ex, left, tells her over the phone: "I've let you down big time Elizabeth, so I have."

Jim, who left the Street in 2000 after 11 years but has featured part-time ever since, then reveals he wants to shoot himself.

As the cameras close in on his tortured face, we will be left wondering whether it really is the last time Jim sets foot on the Corrie cobbles.

So we will.

The Sun

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-02-2011)

SKINT Steve and Becky McDonald will plot to sell the Rovers Return and flee Weatherfield with their kids.

The under-fire couple come up with the desperate plan as they face financial ruin and the chance of losing both their children.

Things have been grim for Becky (Katherine Kelly, 31) and Steve (Simon Gregson, 36) for weeks – they are on the brink of bankruptcy and Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford, 33) is hell-bent on making sure Steve doesn’t have custody of Amy.

To make matters worse, Becky’s evil sister Kylie, who sold her son Max to the couple before Christmas, decides she wants him back.

Faced with losing both their kids they decide to do a bunk.

Becky breaks down and tells Steve: “I miss Amy so much Steve.

“I can’t live round here any more seeing her growing up living with Tracy.”

They do a deal with Liz (Bev Callard, 53) to buy their stake in the pub so they can start a new life in Spain.

Daily Star

If the story about Big Jim is true I think it's a crap one and a piss poor way to get rid of him.

Stupid story, why bring Jim back if they're going to lock him up in jail or have him take his own life. If he's coming back he should stay and take on the rovers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (23-02-2011)

Thread Information