Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Jim McDonald returns so he does

Beverley Callard and Charles Lawson have teased what Coronation Street viewers can expect to see between Liz and Jim McDonald.

In August, Lawson confirmed that he would reprise his role in the ITV soap later this year and feature in the 50th anniversary episodes.

Speaking to Digital Spy, he said: "[The romance has] been going on since 1989, so you'll have to keep watching."

Callard added: "It's never boring, that's for sure!"

When asked about Liz's relationship with Owen Armstrong, played by Ian Puleston-Davies, Callard admitted that the Rovers Return landlady can be "so stupid".

"Liz thinks he's great," she said. "But of course the viewers know different. They're just beginning to see another side of him. Liz is completely unaware of that. She's so stupid sometimes!"

Press reports have suggested that Owen could be behind an attack on Jim.

"Liz still loves Jim as well you see, that's the biggest thing," Callard added.

Lawson quipped: "She gets to deal with a man then."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-10-2010)

Coronation Street's Charles Lawson has admitted that he can get "fed up" of acting.

Lawson will reprise his role as Jim McDonald ahead of the ITV soap's 50th anniversary in December.

"I've been a professional actor for 31 years but I get really fed up of it," he told the Daily Record. "It's not the same job it used to be. Nobody seems to have fun anymore.

"I don't want to keep going to Casualty or Holby City anymore. I've done them about seven times already.

"I don't want to look in the mirror at 70 and think I've never had a crack at doing something different."

Well Jim Mcdonald isnt exactly an angel is he. He was a wife beater. He was a good character at times, but don't know why he's coming back.

Coronation Street hardman Charlie Lawson last night launched into a blistering attack on the soap as it marked its 50th anniversary.

The Enniskillen-born wildman blasted the show that made him a fortune — seething: “The writers cut my character’s b**ls off.”

Charlie — famed for playing wife-beating ex-squaddie ‘Big’ Jim McDonald in Corrie — was back on the cobbles last week as it celebrated half a century on the box with a series of specials.

But the former Shakespearean actor — who sensationally quit acting full-time in the soap in 2000 — was left out of the storyline that saw a tram explosion devastate Weatherfield and kill key characters.

Instead, Big Jim — whose Ulster catchphrase ‘so it is’ is now part of telly history — was laid up in hospital after taking a beating from a love-rival.
    Last edited by alan45; 12-12-2010 at 18:09.

He was out of hospital before the crash...wasn't he?

Maybe he got the tram from Weatherfield General

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (12-12-2010), tammyy2j (12-12-2010)

The one behind. That's why he didn't get to the street in time.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    The one behind. That's why he didn't get to the street in time.
    Wonder what will happen when he meets up with ''yer man'' Owen again. More fisticuffs followed by another trip to the Big House

For those of us missing Liz McDonald she'll be back on screen in Coronation Street on March 14th after visting son Andy in Spain. and, according to Inside Soap magazine, Steve and Becky will be heading to Spain to visit Andy too, leaving Lloyd in charge at the Rovers Return. But if Lloyd thinks running a pub's a doddle, he hasn't banked on warring barmaids Tracy Barlow and Tina McIntyre.

But even better news big Jim McDonald follows her and turns up on screen a week later, March 24.

The magazine says that Jim has a 'shocking suggestion' for Liz and I'm guessing it's not 'do you not think yer shud let yer hem line down a wee bit, Elizabeth?' Let's hope that Liz's leaving storyline for Corrie gets her back together with big Jim and the two of them can go off and live happily ever after, Ulster Fry style. Right after Jim's punched out Owen's lights.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-02-2011), tammyy2j (03-02-2011)

I wanna see Jim punch Owen's lights out

Thread Information