Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonya's sister Jade Mitchell

Is she leaving?

Neighbours star Gemma Pranita has confirmed rumours that she is leaving the soap.

The actress will film her final scenes as Jade Mitchell in August after two years playing the role.

Pranita told Channel 5: "The decision was made with a heavy heart as I love this job, but I just felt that two years was long enough to play one character.

"I became an actor to play lots of different characters and, while Jade has been an amazing role, I feel I want to challenge myself to do other things."

Pranita will work on a project with her theatre company Cry Havoc in Sydney after filming her Neighbours exit. She is then planning to search for acting opportunities in Los Angeles.

She commented: "I've always aspired to have a crack at LA, and I don't want to be left wondering. However, I'm definitely not opposed to working in Australia - I love the industry here."

Pranita also promised that "hearts will be broken and lots of tears will be shed" in the final storyline for Jade, who is currently in a relationship with Kyle Canning (Christopher Milligan).

Neighbours fans will see Jade's exit towards the end of the year.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-06-2012), lizann (09-06-2012), N.Fan (09-06-2012), tammyy2j (08-06-2012)

I don't think it is a good idea for Jade to be leaving Neighbours and expecting to have a crack at LA,because she's not all that good an actress.Once she does leave that's probably the last we'll ever hear of her.
    I just wish it was Sonnya leaving instead.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to N.Fan For This Useful Post:

Caspiant (03-11-2012)

I thought she was on the show longer than two years

Gemma Pranita has said goodbye to her co-stars during her last day on the Neighbours set.

The Jade Mitchell actress poses with Chris Milligan as well as Bossy the dog as she plays her final scenes.

Fans recently witnessed Jade's relationship with Milligan's Kyle Canning break down spectacularly after he kissed fellow Ramsay Street resident Kate.

Pranita wrote on Twitter earlier today (August 9): "Wow what a send off. Thank you everyone at @neighbours. You made my last day so special! x."

Pranita, whose exit had been rumoured beforehand, confirmed her departure in June, saying she felt that "two years [is] long enough to play one character".

The 25-year-old, who joined Neighbours in September 2010, recently revealed that she is eyeing theatre roles in LA.

Gemma Pranita has said goodbye to her co-stars during her last day on the Neighbours set.

The Jade Mitchell actress poses with Chris Milligan as well as Bossy the dog as she plays her final scenes.

Fans recently witnessed Jade's relationship with Milligan's Kyle Canning break down spectacularly after he kissed fellow Ramsay Street resident Kate.

Pranita wrote on Twitter earlier today (August 9): "Wow what a send off. Thank you everyone at @neighbours. You made my last day so special! x."

Pranita, whose exit had been rumoured beforehand, confirmed her departure in June, saying she felt that "two years [is] long enough to play one character".

The 25-year-old, who joined Neighbours in September 2010, recently revealed that she is eyeing theatre roles in LA.

Good ridance to bad rubbish,I definately won't miss Jade too bad Sonya isn't going with her.

I shall miss Jade a lot.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-08-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I shall miss Jade a lot.
    Me too Gemma Pranita's a great actress who added real depth to Jade, and she worked well with Sonya and Kyle.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (09-08-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I shall miss Jade a lot.
    Me too Gemma Pranita's a great actress who added real depth to Jade, and she worked well with Sonya and Kyle.

Thread Information