Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leyla Harding (Rokhsaneh Ghawam-Shahidi)

Emmerdale fans will see Jacob Gallagher make a surprise return to the village next week.

The teenager has been absent from our screens since September last year, when he moved back to Portugal with Alicia Metcalfe.

After four months away, Jacob heads back to his old life in Emmerdale next week after deciding that he's better off there - much to the surprise of his biological mother Leyla Harding.

Leyla is thrilled to see Jacob back as she still holds out hope of becoming a more important figure in his life.

© ITV
    Leyla is thrilled that Jacob is staying

Unfortunately, there's disappointment in store for her when she realises that he'll be living with Alicia's ex David rather than her. Is this a sign that she'll want to shake up the status quo by becoming more of a mum to him?

© ITV
    Leyla is hurt by Jacob's living arrangements

Roxy Shahidi, who plays Leyla, revealed: "Once you're a teenager, you start to know your own mind and that's why Jacob returns. He has such good friends in the village and a family connection there too.

"Although he loves Alicia so much, moving away was all too much for him. I think he's at the age where he's got that level of maturity and knows what's right for him. Coming back is quite a brave and mature decision that he's made, but one that Leyla and David will absolutely support him through."

On the impact that Jacob's return will have on Leyla, she continued: "Leyla absolutely adores Jacob. I don't think she's wanted anything more than the opportunity to be his mum, ever since he first arrived in the village.

"But at the same time, I think she's also learned to deal with the fact that he sees her as his aunty and that's how he loves her. That's how they get on best, because that's the role she's always had. Even though she would love to mother him, I think she knows that she's his 'cool aunty Leyla'."

Shahidi concluded: "When Leyla gave Jacob up, she knew at the time that it was the best decision she could make for him. On a selfish level, she'll always regret that because she's not had the opportunity to be his mum and she does love him as a son.

"I think she'd love to be a bit more of a mum in the future, but she needs to tread carefully because she's never been that before. She's always been his aunty, so she has to think about how he's going to respond if that changes. But she will support him in whatever way she can be involved."

Read more at:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...jacob-returns/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-01-2016)

"I'd love to see Leyla settle down. She had such an awful time with Jai and she now realises how destructive it is to be around someone so reckless. She compromised herself in so many ways and jeopardised her business. Leyla's got her work and friends, but the missing piece of the puzzle is someone she can settle down with. She's drawn to Nikhil as he's the opposite of Jai. She used to see him as very strait-laced with not much of a sense of humour. But their mutual concern for David brings out their best sides for the other to see. There could be more to come with these two..."

Star Interview with Roxy Shahidi (Leyla)
    TV Soap, The Sun, 17-23 January 2016

Could there be a new Emmerdale wedding on the horizon? It seems that way next week when Leyla Harding proposes to Nikhil Sharma!
    They may have only been dating for a matter of weeks but things are getting serious between the couple and Leyla pops the question.
    But it might not all be as it seems. The week kicks off with Leyla’s best mate, Carly Hope, putting her foot in it when she admits to Nikhil that his brother Jai gave Leyla the best sex she had ever had.
    That hits a bum note with the businessman and Leyla's furious when she finds out so makes some seriously seductive plans to make things up to him.
    Leyla reassures Nikhil he's enough for her and moves in to kiss him, seductively. However, she's struck with the norovirus and rushes off to be sick.
    She's embarrassed but Nikhil's determined to look after her as she runs off again to be sick and things take a turn for the worse when she suddenly collapses.
    That’s when things take a funny turn because a delirious Leyla then tells Nikhil they should get married!
    Carly thinks it's hilarious Leyla proposed to Nikhil but Leyla dreads having to have another conversation with him.
    Will he take her proposal seriously?

Is Leyla now Jake's mum, has Alicia left him to live with her so she can be his mum

I find it strange that Alicia is allowing Jake to stay in Emmerdale with Leyla and David

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (21-02-2016)

I can't see Alicia coming back to Emmerdale. Yes, her sister Leyla seems to be Jake's mum for now.

Jake is back for teenage storylines with Gabby and Lachlan, to be shown in a while.

I think Nikhil and David's bromance could lead to Leyla being an item with David soon. Jai is still around of course. I wonder if we might get a dramatic love triangle, as we haven't had a new one for, um, seems like several days or so already?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is Leyla now Jake's mum, has Alicia left him to live with her so she can be his mum

I find it strange that Alicia is allowing Jake to stay in Emmerdale with Leyla and David
    I don´t think Natalie Anderson will be back, I was glad they brought Jake back, I like him and Emmerdale needs a few more teenagers to liven things up a bit. Maybe Leyla and David will get back together as a couple although I prefer them as friends only

no way should david and leyla get back together, is she going to stay living with david not nikhil gone or back to vanessa

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (22-02-2016)

i hope she don't go after david

Congratulations are in order for Emmerdale star Roxy Shahidi, who is expecting her first baby with husband Arsher Ali.

The Leyla Harding actress revealed the happy news in a new interview, though admitted that she was "absolutely terrified" when she found out.

"I burst into tears," she told OK! Magazine. "We had only been trying for a few weeks and I was sure it was going to take us much longer! It took a few weeks before I got my head around it, but once I did I was filled with joy."

"We were actively trying so I knew there was a chance, but other than that I didn't notice any signs that I could be pregnant," she added, explaining that fellow star Charley Webb (Debbie Dingle) and Arsher noticed she was pregnant before she even took the test.

Speaking about the baby's gender, Roxy added: "We're having a girl. We both wanted to find out so we had the NIPT [non-invasive prenatal testing] blood test at 12 weeks. There hasn't been a girl in my family for 20 years so everyone on my side is pretty excited for us."

Meanwhile, Roxy's character Leyla has been through plenty of drama on Emmerdale over the past few weeks, recently discovering that Pete Barton was cheating on her with Priya Sharma.

On top of that, she sparked gossip over possible unresolved feelings for ex David Metcalfe.¨

Digital Spy

So I guess Leyla will be pregnant with Pete's baby .. wonder how they will write her out for her maternity leave ¨hmm

a quick sympathy fumble with pete over losing his brother mother and son and up duffy that's how i think it will play out

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (04-10-2017), tammyy2j (05-10-2017)

Thread Information